🐾 🐾  Sea Dog gets Wet, a "Soggy Adventure LIVE" 10-21-23

Sea Dog

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Is that food cooked on the island or brought from the ship? Where are those Lobsters from?

I do not recall if beach club menu said maine or caribbean lobster but they are a decent size.   

I'm pretty sure they are cooked right at the beach club as there is a large building where the servers went to for food.

They do offer some good options for their lunch.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Our next up ICON in Sept.  Beach Club is $269 pp Waaaaahhhhhh.  So we went for the introductory price for Hideaway Beach of $71 PP

My next sailing on Anthem has Hideaway for $36.99.   Always find it crazy how prices vary per ship per sailing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Is that food cooked on the island or brought from the ship? Where are those Lobsters from?

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

I do not recall if beach club menu said maine or caribbean lobster but they are a decent size.   

I'm pretty sure they are cooked right at the beach club as there is a large building where the servers went to for food.

They do offer some good options for their lunch.

@Sunshine3601 is correct.  Our beach club waiter told us today that all the free food on CocoCay is done by RC and the beach club menu is separate and all done right there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

The problem is not extra towels but being in the cabin with wet towels on the bathroom floor for an extended time.  Yuck.  Space in there is small enough.  

I hang my towels from the hook on the bathroom door... that helps a little. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We had a great price of $79 pp for our September cruise.  We, also, had a couple of lobsters and filet mignon.   Delicious!!

My next sailing beach club is selling for $179 pp.   No thank you.   Love the area but not worth that much, IMO.

My next two Cococay trips are in Nov and Dec 2024.  Beach club is $285 and $305 each...

No a snowballs chance in he🏒🏒

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Russ Lomas said:

Wish we could be, but this annoying thing called work/employment keeps getting in the way of my travel time.  One day....

We have not been on the Adventure yet (one booked but cancelled due to the Covid shut down - 12 hours before boarding was to occur).  Loved Tortola and wished RCCL went there more often.  Had our last planned visit there in 2017, but hurricane Maria had something to say about that.  Have not been to St. Croix yet either, but look forward to it on our New Year 2024/25 cruise on the Adventure (fingers crossed).

Our next RCCL cruise is not til next summer on part of the world cruise.  I do not suppose you are on that one, are you?

I wish I was doing a part of it. We may consider it in the future. It will be interesting to see how it goes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Yes I realized that was your problem which was why i deleted.

I would just hang them over the clothes line or I actually carry a folding laundry hanger so they weren’t lying around.

I didn't realize it was deleted.  No worries, it'll all work out in the end.

4 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I love the version of Jolene with Dolly singing it with Miley Cyrus. Miley’s voice adds a blues-y quality that is great with the song. 

I agree!  Great version with Miley which Dolly wrote when a red headed bank teller flirted with her husband Carl Dean when they were first married.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We usually shower before dinner and we eat at the first seating of traditional dining, usually 5:30 pm. 

We ask for night service for 530ish.   Our guy was there every night as we're leaving for dinner so towels didn't sit on floor for long.

I don't think they do afternoon room cleaning.  I think it is morning or evening.  Just ask your room Stewart for preferred time when you first meet them.

We do the same. We always have early dining too.   We do spend time in the cabin before dinner and it's nice to come back to a clean made up room in the afternoon after a day of sun and fun.  What a wonderful dilemma to have!  🤔

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I hang my towels from the hook on the bathroom door... that helps a little. 

If we do nighttime service, that would be at least 4 wet towels. Is there only 1 hook on the door?  I never leave wet bath towels in my bathroom at home.  I put them in the laundry area, out of sight out of mind.

I think I'm having a problem accepting things as they are now in cruising.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

If we do nighttime service, that would be at least 4 wet towels. Is there only 1 hook on the door?  I never leave wet bath towels in my bathroom at home.  I put them in the laundry area, out of sight out of mind.

I think I'm having a problem accepting things as they are now in cruising.

There are two hooks on the bathroom door, Bonnie.😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Last Supper:

Alway depressing know this is your last supper before disembarking. Good news we will have a last breakfast with The Key. Which we will leisurely eat at 8:15am but tonight it was our second visit to Giovanni’s.

IMG_3608.thumb.jpeg.0ae325bd94fb15de18a6c72f8e7a8397.jpeg

I tried to go light as I was still stuffed from lunch and experiencing stomach issues that started two weeks pre cruise, calmed down during but reared its ugly head today.

IMG_3609.thumb.jpeg.983567f12f8fa66b9d12da43d97d7557.jpeg

Beef Carpaccio was very nice.

IMG_3610.thumb.jpeg.5391c9c6d608b3089260d480f2a7fdb0.jpeg

Go the Filet but decided to have the sauce on the side. It was a good choice as I could taste both ways with the steak.

IMG_3612.thumb.jpeg.57f1b781f3a60cedc32551ae628d9f4d.jpeg

Cooked a perfect medium rare.

IMG_3611.thumb.jpeg.bdbea763b66c4a60781ec1350b981f22.jpeg

I can’t believe I’ve never tried Gnocchi before. The gang was raving about it on our visit on night 3 so I decided to try it. Wow this was so good. Kind of like cheese tortellini but it  is a potato dumpling. I will order this again.

IMG_3613.thumb.jpeg.d7d4b32c062cc73416a3050ea8469e9c.jpeg

Of course I had to go back to the chocolate hazelnut cake. This dessert is so good.

Back to the stateroom with cocktails in hand to do the dreaded packing.

IMG_3620.thumb.jpeg.bac351005d73410a9bd1ab657266e0b3.jpeg

And then the hallway of shame

IMG_3617.thumb.jpeg.6809a8acae18bff5b93b79e76102437b.jpeg

Linda grabbed some beers as that was all my stomach could handle. Then sitting out on the balcony on a moonlit night. I got out of my depression and back into my happy state.

IMG_3619.thumb.jpeg.25cec943e52bd8aca8572ab04c234ae2.jpeg

Tomorrow travel day, some final thoughts and observations. Still keep following as I have some cool videos to share with you all.

Cheers!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 6

Thank you for another great review, Sea Dog! I have loved following along with you, Linda, and the rest of the gang! Hope everyone has a safe and uneventful trip home. I’ll be sticking around for those videos you’ve said will be appearing after you get home. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

@Sea Dog  What was the cost of the Beach Club and that Meal per person you  had  today?

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Wr booked it when the price was $177.00 per person. That’s the most we have ever paid for the beach club on several visits there. As others pointed out the meal is included.

• Like 1

6 AM

Adventure slips into her mooring slot. So graceful and slow. It amazes me how easy they park her.

IMG_3628.thumb.jpeg.f85d503a8763e7d3f3dfbf0fd33abe0a.jpeg

Supply trucks already lined up. We will be getting off.

IMG_3629.thumb.jpeg.968d8ac05c8d100a8e9665a73cd9ba37.jpeg

New passengers get on. The cycle continues.

IMG_3630.thumb.jpeg.642b98c68a25f987b2e45b183d8ccfaf.jpeg

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 18

Everyone one have a safe trip home.  We get one more week, this week eastern again, same as this week, with the order of ports reversed.  While this captain did his best to avoid the remnants of  Tammy, I am glad we are not the western itinerary, he (the captain, does multiple time changes to be on local time in port.

When I get home next Saturday, I have 2 Dr appts on Monday, one to get my feeding tube removed. The other is to the oncologist for bloodwork.

• Like 23

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

Everyone one have a safe trip home.  We get one more week, this week eastern again, same as this week, with the order of ports reversed.  While this captain did his best to avoid the remnants of  Tammy, I am glad we are not the western itinerary, he (the captain, does multiple time changes to be on local time in port.

When I get home next Saturday, I have 2 Dr appts on Monday, one to get my feeding tube removed. The other is to the oncologist for bloodwork.

Thank you Francis. Great meeting you and you have a great week next week. Hope to see you again.

One last note. As I often do, one night I order the optional chops steak for dinner, and have always  enjoyed it very much.  What I ended up getting was about 1/2 the size of what I was expecting, based on previous experience.  When I got the receipt, my tip was far smaller than I would normally give, $1.  I think the waiter scratched out the tip.  Maybe he thought it was an insult.  If he did, he assumed correctly, that was my intention.

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 6

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My next sailing on Anthem has Hideaway for $36.99.   Always find it crazy how prices vary per ship per sailing.

That's about what I have too on a sailing ... $40. I believe food is extra charge. Kept it for now but I'd watch for the Beach Club.

• Like 2