Suites no longer have to check out towels?

Tlbecker1

1 hour ago, Tlbecker1 said:

We are on the Anthem, and they aren’t scanning our cards for towels, due to we are in a Suite.  We have never experienced that before.  

Hmm.. we just got off Oasis and we were in a suite and there were 4 pool towels in the suite for us and our cabin attendants swapped them out when needed.  I didn't even think about it.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kiki and The Noush said:

Hmm.. we just got off Oasis and we were in a suite and there were 4 pool towels in the suite for us and our cabin attendants swapped them out when needed.  I didn't even think about it.  

That sounds even better.  We have been in Suites for the last 7 cruises this year and we have always had to check them out until this cruise.

• Like 2

Regardless of how you get your towels, this is the best method for keeping up with them: 

- Never return them to the towel attendant; rather, EXCHANGE them for fresh towels. 

- Keep fresh towels in your room (we assign a shelf in the close for towel storage), which means you always have them ready -- even if you go out early /late while the towel station isn't open. 

- This means your cabin number isn't going in/out of the computer, and that reduces the number of times human error can occur. 

- On the last day, when you return your towels, take your time and MAKE SURE you have no towels assigned to your cabin.  

• Like 5

Depends on the ship, apparently. On Mariner now in a GS and we had to check out towels. On Grandeur three weeks ago in a GS, and there were two in our stateroom. On Wonder in July and they were n our suite. Seems hit or miss on any class lower than Quantum or Oasis.

3 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Regardless of how you get your towels, this is the best method for keeping up with them: 

- Never return them to the towel attendant; rather, EXCHANGE them for fresh towels. 

- Keep fresh towels in your room (we assign a shelf in the close for towel storage), which means you always have them ready -- even if you go out early /late while the towel station isn't open. 

- This means your cabin number isn't going in/out of the computer, and that reduces the number of times human error can occur. 

- On the last day, when you return your towels, take your time and MAKE SURE you have no towels assigned to your cabin.  

LOL  This might be your best method but we find it better to never have your sea pass scanned at all.  We easily acquire towels without ever having our pass scanned, whether in a suite or a balcony cabin.

• Like 1

I never check out towels. I just go to the pool deck early before breakfast and take a couple that were left on lounger by the pool. Way more convenient and you don't have to worry about being charged for not returning them.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I never check out towels. I just go to the pool deck early before breakfast and take a couple that were left on lounger by the pool. Way more convenient and you don't have to worry about being charged for not returning them.  

We actually did this after breakfast when running late for an excursion in Cozumel and no towel attendant.  Husband grabbed 2 towels off a chair that had clips on them.  We then saw the towel attendant at the gangway on the way out with towels.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/20/2023 at 8:48 AM, Tlbecker1 said:

We are on the Anthem, and they aren’t scanning our cards for towels, due to we are in a Suite.  We have never experienced that before.  

It totally depends on the person at the towel station. On the same cruise, we have been given towels without scanning. And the next day go through the scanning routine... even after pointing out that we were suites guest. 

• Like 2

Another tip/trick is later in the day (like on a sea day) just pick up a couple wet towels off the pool deck if someone just abandoned them, and exchange them for fresh clean ones. Then you never have to worry about any associated with your sea pass card. 😂

• Like 1

We were in a JS on Odyssey in Dec 2022. I went to check out 2 towels and they said oh, you're in a suite. No need to check out towels. Fast forward to last day and find I'm charged for 2 towels. Called Royal when I got home to have charge removed.  Always wondered how I got charged when my seapass card wasn't scanned once! 

20 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

18 hours ago, jean87510 said:

We actually did this after breakfast when running late for an excursion in Cozumel and no towel attendant.  Husband grabbed 2 towels off a chair that had clips on them.  We then saw the towel attendant at the gangway on the way out with towels.  

8 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Another tip/trick is later in the day (like on a sea day) just pick up a couple wet towels off the pool deck if someone just abandoned them, and exchange them for fresh clean ones. Then you never have to worry about any associated with your sea pass card. 😂

Interesting  , Bragging about being thieves .....WOW

Have I missed something while away ?

When did this become acceptable to everyone ?

1 hour ago, LobsterStalker said:

Interesting  , Bragging about being thieves .....WOW

Have I missed something while away ?

When did this become acceptable to everyone ?

The problem is they charge $50 for a rickety towel that you would be embarrassed to bring home - so it's not really stealing -- it's borrowing towels precipitated by a loony $50. Is that fee for two or just one? Either way, it's way too high. 

• Like 1