Person Attacked on Carnival Magic

EdmundXXIII

https://www.wavy.com/news/local-news/norfolk/1-carnival-magic-guest-allegedly-attacks-another-with-bar-glass/

According to local news in Norfolk, someone attacked a fellow passenger with a bar glass in the theater.

They got confined to cabin for the rest of the cruise, and once the ship made it back to Norfolk, were passed off to police.

Always amazes me that people think doing crap like this won't end very badly for them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EdmundXXIII said:

https://www.wavy.com/news/local-news/norfolk/1-carnival-magic-guest-allegedly-attacks-another-with-bar-glass/

According to local news in Norfolk, someone attacked a fellow passenger with a bar glass in the theater.

They got confined to cabin for the rest of the cruise, and once the ship made it back to Norfolk, were passed off to police.

Always amazes me that people think doing crap like this won't end very badly for them.

Wonder why they were confined to their room as opposed to the ship’s brig?? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mz-s said:

What is the functional difference?

I would think the brig would be more secured. Unless you station someone right outside their cabin 24/7, what’s to prevent them from leaving? 

Just now, MistyRo76 said:

I would think the brig would be more secured. Unless you station someone right outside their cabin 24/7, what’s to prevent them from leaving? 

I have seen exactly this.  And they deactivate their sign and sail card so if they were to leave, they couldn't get back in.  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, MistyRo76 said:

If need be they can have somebody outside of their cabin.

1 hour ago, ObstructedView2 said:

Hi @ldubs🙂

Yes they do. 

They have a morgue as well.

(Click Here) - Do Cruise Ships Have A Brig

(Click Here) - Do Cruise Ships Have A Morgue

💃🍹💃

Won't let you see inside, but will show you the location of both during a Behind the Fun tour.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MistyRo76 said:

....and Security does exactly that.

15 minutes ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

Amenities. 

Considering it's against the law to withhold toilet facilities from someone, the only amenity their cabin would really have would be the TV - and trust me, the TV on Carnival is no big amenity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, MistyRo76 said:

I have seen this one time cruising to Hawaii. I never saw the person after the 2nd day. 

5 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Won't let you see inside, but will show you the location of both during a Behind the Fun tour.

Behind the Fun on the Dream: The Brig door had the appearance of a jail door from an old western movie, and as stated before, they would not let us peek inside. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, mz-s said:

What is the functional difference?

The door in the brig cannot be opened from the inside. I suspect the brig is reserved for the very worst of offenders and that most are confined to their cabin.

Other thoughts not related to the quoted post. It doesn't necessarily follow that the victim and attacker knew each other, although that is certainly possible. The attacker would be confined regardless of whether they knew the victim or not. That said, we have also witnessed security stationed outside someone's door for the remainder of the cruise.

• Like 1

A friend who disembarked the Carnival Sunshine yesterday reported that a woman allegedly fatally stabbed her husband in their cabin. Apparently the authorities and coroner attended the ship's disembarkation in Charleston SC yesterday morning. Couldn't find anything in the news to verify it yet,  but apparently it was quite a scene at disembarkation. Busy few days...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Canadian_J said:

A friend who disembarked the Carnival Sunshine yesterday reported that a woman allegedly fatally stabbed her husband in their cabin. Apparently the authorities and coroner attended the ship's disembarkation in Charleston SC yesterday morning. Couldn't find anything in the news to verify it yet,  but apparently it was quite a scene at disembarkation. Busy few days...

I’m beginning to wonder if the crime

that is on the news every night is now moving in to the cruise industry. 
What the hell is going? Is it just Carnival? 

2 minutes ago, joe/jack said:

I’m beginning to wonder if the crime

that is on the news every night is now moving in to the cruise industry. 
What the hell is going? Is it just Carnival? 

It's not just Carnival, but it does seem like Carnival is getting the worst of it.

I think part of it is Carnival doesn't enforce any of their rules, so things eventually boil over.

• Like 3