"Welcome Back" Promo?

FlaMariner

19 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We received Thank You For Sailing With Us emails one week and again one month after disembarking our last cruise.  Maybe you could call and ask if you are being offered that promo.  You should be.

Same with us, we also got ours.

I would reach out to my TA or PCC.

By mid Oct. we had not received our thank you for sailing email from Sept. 9 disembarkation.  I wanted it for our Mexican Koningsdam cruise in Dec.  I gave the TA the promo codes and she called HAL and was able to get it applied..  I was insistent, HAL said they were behind.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, boze9999 said:

HAL still has it - it's either a ZPM or VPM Promo. AND you won't get it unless you request it! That's the new hiccup! 

Thanks for passing along the codes......

I think anytime I book a cruise I'll just pass that along to the TA and see what happens.

• Like 1

All,

we are cruising at the moment (Westerdam Asia great) and have two cruises booked for next year. If I read this thread correctly I can have a welcome back promo applied to an already booked cruise.

Is this right? Or is it only applicable for new bookings? Please enlighten me.

Rosalyn

12 hours ago, cruiseaholic78 said:

All,

we are cruising at the moment (Westerdam Asia great) and have two cruises booked for next year. If I read this thread correctly I can have a welcome back promo applied to an already booked cruise.

Is this right? Or is it only applicable for new bookings? Please enlighten me.

Rosalyn

It is for bookings made within 90 days of your previous cruise.  

There is a different promo code for Euro currency bookings - it is VPQ 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/3/2023 at 7:31 PM, FlaMariner said:

Is that promo still around?

We dis-embarked in mid October and seems like I'd have the email by now offering some OBC if I booked in the next 90 days.  Nothing so far. 

FYI

I got the email with the "welcome home" promo today 11/13/23.  About a month since we dis-embarked on 10/15/23.  The offer is good until 1/9/24....that's just under 90 days since we cruised. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CNSJ said:

I just received mine for our last cruise.  The fine print says "can't be combined with other OBC..." What are your experiences?  Can I still get Military and AARP OBCs?

The last several times I tried to use the Welcome Back offer, I was told it's not combinable. So, I've been disregarding the emails. Will be sad to learn if others have been able to stack it w/Military and/or AARP. 

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

The last several times I tried to use the Welcome Back offer, I was told it's not combinable. So, I've been disregarding the emails. Will be sad to learn if others have been able to stack it w/Military and/or AARP. 

For sure we have received it with Stockholders OBC and FCD bonus , so can't see why it wouldn't be the case for Military or AARP.  

Edited by rodndonna
more info
  • Thanks 1

We JUST received our Thank You For Sailing offer - only 5 days after leaving the ship!  Last time (Sept) we never did get this email, but our HAL PCC added it to our booking anyway. She used code VPM or VPN.  You generally have to book within 2 months of getting off the ship.  The OBC amounts vary by length of cruise and cabin (you are booking) category, ranging from $25 to $200 pp.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CNSJ said:

The fine print says "can't be combined with other OBC..." What are your experiences?

We've received the shareholder OBC and the Welcome Back OBC together w/no problem....as recently  as this year.

(We worked for private companies and not the government so we do not qualify for the additional government employee benefit of OBC (teachers/firefighters/military/ambulance drivers etc).....and we are not members of AARP so no experience there either)

4 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

We tried to get the VPM or ZPM offer last week when booking another cruise.  Our TA advised us it was no longer available.  Was surprised however when she confirmed that HAL was throwing in a $200 OBC on top of the OBC for using a FCC. Just got the email offer this morning so will be trying again !

On 11/14/2023 at 7:48 AM, taxmantoo said:

We tried to get the VPM or ZPM offer last week when booking another cruise.  Our TA advised us it was no longer available.  Was surprised however when she confirmed that HAL was throwing in a $200 OBC on top of the OBC for using a FCC. Just got the email offer this morning so will be trying again !

Be strong @taxmantoo It IS available if you are within 90 days of your previous sailingl Ask and if you dont get a yes - go up the line to a superviserl 

• Thanks 1