Logo Rebrand

newtocruiseinblue

14 minutes ago, nikel said:

Celebrity used to be so classy.....little by little they are destroying the look.

Also from what I can see so far the new itineraries are only 5 - 7 days.  

Carnival here we come !

I’m not loving the new layout and landing page for cruises -it’s just like Royal Caribbean…it’s getting too much like Royal 

29 minutes ago, C 2 C said:

Orange is the name of the Royal House in the Netherlands.  It is the team colour of the Dutch football team  (The game played with your feet).  Since I was born there, I have lots of orange shirts to wear on board.

And that would be great if HAL chose to go orange with their logo. But on Celebrity it (and the orange scaffolding on the side of the Edge class ships) looks jarring and tacky. X has always been associated with its Greek history, so deviating from blue and white just seems wrong.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Facebook profile photos are temporary. They update them for any reason. Remember the rainbow X during June? And the double XX for International Women's Day when Captain Kate, et al., took over Equinox? Here's an album to refresh your memory: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.740672111437281&type=3

If it was a rebrand, the web site would have been updated. The logo there is the same, though some buttons have changed to orange. I think it makes them easier to read.

• Like 1

Blue and orange is just about the ugliest color combination I could think of.  Maybe Celebrity wants to make their ships really visible so pax can swim back from the shore instead of taking tenders.  Money saved!!!

58 minutes ago, nikel said:

Celebrity used to be so classy.....little by little they are destroying the look.

Also from what I can see so far the new itineraries are only 5 - 7 days.  

Carnival here we come !

There are exactly 260 cruises on the Celebrity website that are 9+ nights.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fairsky84 said:

But "Xcel" is beyond stupid. It's not a real word. It's a commonly used Microsoft program.

No, it's not. The Micro$oft program is called Excel.

2 hours ago, Fairsky84 said:

And it doesn't match the premium, classy reputation the Celebrity brand has been attempting to build for years.

Sorry, but that's been a failed attempt for years. Pretty much everything they've done recently has been in direct opposition to it.

Edited by mahasamatman
typo

The name is dumb, the logo is ugly, blue and orange aren't my favorite colors, orange is ugly, it's an eye sore, it's not classic enough, people will confuse a cruse ship with a Microsoft product or Twitter, the itineraries are too short, the itineraries are too boring, the music in the intro video was too loud, the video was too short, the prices are too high, there are too many suites, there are no real balconies, it's tacky, it's jarring, the website should look different, Celebrity is trash....

Exhausting. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

The name is dumb, the logo is ugly, blue and orange aren't my favorite colors, orange is ugly, it's an eye sore, it's not classic enough, people will confuse a cruse ship with a Microsoft product or Twitter, the itineraries are too short, the itineraries are too boring, the music in the intro video was too loud, the video was too short, the prices are too high, there are too many suites, there are no real balconies, it's tacky, it's jarring, the website should look different, Celebrity is trash....

Exhausting. 

Agree, hard to keep up these days.. 🙂

Just came across this video of Captain Kate on the Beyond talking about the 2 names Celebrity were toying with before settling with Xcel.  Seems there has to be certain criteria met in the naming of the ship:

1.  Has to be 6 letters or less

2.  Can't be a name used on a previous cruise ship

3.  Has to represent the pinnacle of the E class fleet since it's the last one...

Here's the video...

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, zitsky said:

Blue and orange is just about the ugliest color combination I could think of.  Maybe Celebrity wants to make their ships really visible so pax can swim back from the shore instead of taking tenders.  Money saved!!!

NY Mets fans would disagree with you ......