Lunch on embarkation day

deanman02

57 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

After a while it gets to be a zoo.

It tends to be a " zoo " throughout the cruise.

I call the OVC the " Slugfest on 14 " --- Unbelievable, the behavior of some folks !!

We used to go to the Spa Cafe in the Solarium, but, I think someone posted that it is not open now on embarkation day. Perhaps you can ask-- a nice relaxing spot.

• Haha 1

It is usually disgusting watching some cruisers having their last meal at lunch on embarkation day in the OVC.    People taking food with hands,  dropping food and picking it up and putting it back, etc.  We go to the Spa Cafe and have a relaxing lunch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you’re on an Edge-class ship, check to see if Le Bistro is open for lunch. Things may have changed, but we had a quiet, wonderful lunch there on embarkation day last December. We’re planning on doing the same in a few weeks on the Apex, if it’s open. There is a fee, but we love the service and food there. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, deanman02 said:

Steerage on Summit. 

Best choice is the buffet then. The only other choices are Mast Grill and maybe Spa cafe if it's open. Even if it's open the Spa cafe is waaay too limiting. The buffet with have lots of choices.

Edit:PS My profile photo is from a washroom on the Summit!😜

Edited by kwokpot
  • Haha 1

I guess ive missed out on most of the ‘issues’ in the Buffet. I enjoy the MDR’s and so on, but Ive not really experienced all the things some post about Oceanview. Yup, get crowded, but thats to be expected. 

I think the island set up of Celebrity buffets is much superior to other approaches on large ships. 

Den

• Like 4

4 hours ago, keesar said:

It is usually disgusting watching some cruisers having their last meal at lunch on embarkation day in the OVC.    People taking food with hands,  dropping food and picking it up and putting it back, etc.  We go to the Spa Cafe and have a relaxing lunch.

For some folks , it does resemble the Last Supper. 🤣

• Like 1

So, I take it the main dining room isn't open on embark day, except for certain cabin categories.  I know it is on other lines we have sailed. But, truth be told we always go to the buffet on embark day.  

We love to get something to eat and drink from the windjammer… hopefully without fighting a crowd… and taking it to a quiet lounge… preferably the Viking Crown Lounge for the view .  It is so relaxing after the boarding process.  If our stateroom is open, then it is also nice to hang out there til the chaos outside subsides.

11 minutes ago, roupa said:

We love to get something to eat and drink from the windjammer… hopefully without fighting a crowd… and taking it to a quiet lounge… preferably the Viking Crown Lounge for the view .  It is so relaxing after the boarding process.  If our stateroom is open, then it is also nice to hang out there til the chaos outside subsides.

Those selections work much better on rcl - on a nice day the S class ships also have plenty of grassy area for a quiet picnic lunch

• Like 1