Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

58 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I really dislike it when my passport is not under my control.😏

I don’t like it either but I know that’s the way it is sometimes.  I do take my passport cards off the ship with me.  It wouldn’t help a lot but has identification at least. 

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

This one is on the far left (aft midship).   Always stuck on 12.  

On our November/December PC Transits, that one AND the one next to it were both out of commission. Occasionally, the second one in from the left would work for a day or so before getting stuck again, but the end one never worked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

That would be so much better than paper.  I take a small stapler to close the bag and duct tape. 

I don't even bother trying to "secure" my bag anymore.  I fill it to the top and leave the top open.  Have never had anything missing. Usually get 2 bags back from the 1 I send out.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Another observation.  Mid ship glass wall elevators, two on the inside looking over the Centrum, four on the outside facing the ocean (and the only ones that go up to decks 12 and 13).   Of the four outside elevators, one has not worked (stuck on deck 12) for the whole cruise so far.  😕

Luckily not a full ship.  

Trying to remember wasnt this one having electrical issues weeks ago? Not sure if they were down when was on her couple months ago as I never use Ship Elevators. My Mom lives in 55+ community. 2 Elevators each a distance from the other, took 2 months get part to fix one. Lot of extra walking where 1/3 use Walkers

Edited by ONECRUISER

39 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I don't even bother trying to "secure" my bag anymore.  I fill it to the top and leave the top open.  Have never had anything missing. Usually get 2 bags back from the 1 I send out.

I bring scotch tape to tape the list to the bag and top. I also get 2 bags back for my one 😁

• Like 2

4 hours ago, island lady said:

One thing I forgot to mention...and this may be more related to the team of "I always take my passport into the ports of call".  

Sorry people, no can do if you were on this cruise.  They collected all passports at check in and will hold them until you end your cruise, be it 274 days or just a segment/quarter.  

Me...no worries, as we always take our passport cards into port, and leave our passports in the safe.  So now they are in the really big Serenade safe. 

That could be an issue if renting a car in port.  I know in Copenhagen (at CPH), they asked for my passport when renting a car.

• Like 1

Recently boarded a S2S in Civitavecchia and have previously boarded there, as well.  All passports were collected on the last cruise with no explanation given as to why.  They were never collected there before. 🤔🤷🏼‍♀️

Have had my passport collected onboard or at boarding in a number of other scenarios, but, never expected that in Rome.

2 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

That could be an issue if renting a car in port.  I know in Copenhagen (at CPH), they asked for my passport when renting a car.

If you go to Guest Services and have a specific need like this, generally they will give you the passport, but admonish you to return it at the end of the day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Recently boarded a S2S in Civitavecchia and have previously boarded there, as well.  All passports were collected on the last cruise with no explanation given as to why.  They were never collected there before. 🤔🤷🏼‍♀️

Have had my passport collected onboard or at boarding in a number of other scenarios, but, never expected that in Rome.

A hotel in Venice once tried to take my passport. I told them it wasn't happening. They relented.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

A hotel in Venice once tried to take my passport. I told them it wasn't happening. They relented.

Hotels in Europe used to do that to guarantee people wouldn't skip out on their bill.  No need to now with internet and ability to put a hold on a credit card.  We had to leave ours in the early 80's at our hotels.   No way I'd leave mine now.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Trying to remember wasnt this one having electrical issues weeks ago? Not sure if they were down when was on her couple months ago as I never use Ship Elevators. My Mom lives in 55+ community. 2 Elevators each a distance from the other, took 2 months get part to fix one. Lot of extra walking where 1/3 use Walkers

No idea.  We only boarded on Dec. 10th.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

Did you notice whether the Mangrove park across from the pier was open?

It was tough to tell.  We think it was, but it was very confusing as to the entrance.  We were meeting my sister at a favorite restaurant for lunch in the RIF fort, so did not investigate further.  

Day in Curacao.  

Loved seeing my sister today.  She was a bummed we were not spending Christmas with her.  So she followed us. 😉 

Favorite restaurant, Ceviche 91 Gastopub at the harbor.  Locks of love across from the swing bridge.  Largest, oldest pedestrian swing bridge in the world.  Bucky checking out the lovely local lady!  

20231217_122447.jpg

20231217_132808.jpg

20231217_132917 (1).jpg

20231217_133821 (1).jpg

20231217_142208.jpg

20231217_132904.jpg

• Like 20

4 hours ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

That would be an issue in some Italian towns, if you are off ship and using public transport. I’ve seen too many posts of pics where the police boarded buses or trains and required passports, fining anyone not carrying theirs. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Very recent posts. And for some of the police, copies won’t do. People were fined carrying copies. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, orville99 said:

On our November/December PC Transits, that one AND the one next to it were both out of commission. Occasionally, the second one in from the left would work for a day or so before getting stuck again, but the end one never worked.

Thanks, that's what I thought, issues for a while then.