Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

At 7:30 the Today Show is doing a segment on this cruise. I don't know if you have NBC aboard.

Oh wow.  That is interesting...thanks!  We have MSNBC...but not regular NBC.  I should be able to pull it up online perhaps later and will try it then.  🙂 

17 minutes ago, island lady said:

I can't seem to pull it up.  Maybe later?  

If you can pull it up later the segment is 31 minutes into the show. It is funny how they use some stock cruise ship photos that are neither Serenade nor even RCI. They did show some people who are on the ship. I think they used snippets that they got off of social media.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

I think they did a fine job prepping her, but I now have an odd banging in cabin. Statt is still looking for source

Had a banging noise in our cabin in November, and it  turned out to be a problem with the plumbing system and water pressure.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

Do you recall who did the video.

I looked around You Tube, but couldn't find it

Let me look around. I’m following a few vloggers and can’t remember their name. It was from a distance and just a short clip of the show, but I recognized the hair. LOL

Edit…found it. About the 1:16 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gNY3Baqgkk

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Had a banging noise in our cabin in November, and it  turned out to be a problem with the plumbing system and water pressure.

On the Odyssey TA in October we had issues with sewage smell in the cabin twice..it was awful and hard to breathe. Went directly to GS and said they needed to correct it immediately because we couldn’t be in there, it burned our lungs. The first time they sent the room attendant and she poured water down the floor vent (I could tell it came from there)

That lasted only a few days and it happened again and that time they called in a real plumber..

Who knows if that fixed it, we were off a couple of days later.  Odd for that on such a new ship

So...you think it is only the large ladies that have a "pop up" piano man?  Think again.  😉 

He was great, and very friendly as well.  Talented.  🙂   Told me it was the first time Serenade has had a pop up pianist.  Hope to find him again.  

20231227_114037.jpg

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, crzndeb said:

Let me look around. I’m following a few vloggers and can’t remember their name. It was from a distance and just a short clip of the show, but I recognized the hair. LOL

Edit…found it. About the 1:16 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gNY3Baqgkk

Thank you so much for posting!

I saw Laura in her gorgeous gown!

What a wonderful time the cruisers are having!
Royal has really stepped it up.

I am very happy for the cruisers!

Now if someone can tell me how to "follow" the people who made the video, please? Do they have a website/IG/blog?

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Thank you so much for posting!

I saw Laura in her gorgeous gown!

What a wonderful time the cruisers are having!
Royal has really stepped it up.

I am very happy for the cruisers!

Now if someone can tell me how to "follow" the people who made the video, please? Do they have a website/IG/blog?

Thank you.

They have a You Tube channel. Open the video in You Tube - I think you’ll need to have an account -  and you’ll see a button called “Subscribe” at the bottom. Just click and it will save their channel. Then whenever they add a new video, you’ll see a blue button by their channel name

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

They have a You Tube channel. Open the video in You Tube - I think you’ll need to have an account -  and you’ll see a button called “Subscribe” at the bottom. Just click and it will save their channel. Then whenever they add a new video, you’ll see a blue button by their channel name

No account required on YT to watch or subscribe to channels.  

7 minutes ago, BND said:

No account required on YT to watch or subscribe to channels.  

You need a google account to subscribe. I know you can watch it without one, but you need an account to subscribe.

You will need a Google Account to sign in and subscribe to YouTube (a Google Account works across all Google products - Gmail, Blogger, Maps, YouTube, etc.). If you've signed into any of these products before, you already have a Google Account.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

You need a google account to subscribe. I know you can watch it without one, but you need an account to subscribe.

You will need a Google Account to sign in and subscribe to YouTube (a Google Account works across all Google products - Gmail, Blogger, Maps, YouTube, etc.). If you've signed into any of these products before, you already have a Google Account.

Never knew that but we've had google for years.

• Like 1

OK...if there are any of my fellow cruisers following this...GO to the show tonight! We went to the 6:30 show...there is an 8:30 show soon.  OMG!  The Gold Duo were fantastic!  So talented...think Cirque du Soleil with comedy.

The guy was not only an acrobat...but a great comic as well.  Absolutely the best show of the last 3 weeks.  She was just as talented...but he was the comic.  

Sorry again no pictures, but with house lights down...it would be rude to light up my screen.  Great show!  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1