C&A status match

1 minute ago, Lorey2007 said:

My daughter and granddaughter will be booked in the same cabin with me. Will they receive the same diamond status that I am?

If either are linked to your account and under the age of 18. Not just because they share your cabin.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lorey2007 said:

My daughter and granddaughter will be booked in the same cabin with me. Will they receive the same diamond status that I am?

They have to be linked to you.

I think Royal should rethink it and only link travelling companions on a cruise only basis the way Celebrity used to do it.

• Like 1

You could try to phone c&a to status match them to you. If I recall you are supposed to be living in the same residence to qualify. I don’t know how strict they are about that. This is the only way to get them your Diamond benefits. Staying in the same cabin won’t do it to my knowledge.

They won't receive the same diamond status just because they are in the same cabin with you. If they live in the same house as you, you can call C&A have them linked to your account. If they are under 18 years of age, they will receive your diamond status. If they are over 18, they will not.

11 hours ago, Lorey2007 said:

No. Cabin mates do NOT share C&A status.  If you are your granddaughters legal guardian, she is under 18 and lives with you then yes for your granddaughter.   You daughter would have  to be under 18 to have your status. 

M

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

No. Cabin mates do NOT share C&A status.  If you are your granddaughters legal guardian, she is under 18 and lives with you then yes for your granddaughter.   You daughter would have  to be under 18 to have your status. 

M

Is that new? We have status matched over 18.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Denversail said:

Is that new? We have status matched over 18.

Not new. Not family members (kids, etc.) over 18. Over 18 if you are married or shacking up together. 

Edited by doghog

My sister status matched me but that was 20 years ago and we were living in the same household. I was an adult at the time. She status matched our whole household of 7 at the time and only 3 of those were kids. None were a spouse.

1 minute ago, Denversail said:

My sister status matched me but that was 20 years ago and we were living in the same household. I was an adult at the time. She status matched our whole household of 7 at the time and only 3 of those were kids. None were a spouse.

Some sort of "lucky for you" error.    Certainly not the norm.  

M

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Denversail said:

20 years ago. But yet you asked if this is something new. 🤣

Edited by doghog

9 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

They have to be linked to you.

I think Royal should rethink it and only link travelling companions on a cruise only basis the way Celebrity used to do it.

The problem with giving the status is when people have more than one cabin booked  for multiple family members and only one person is say D or higher.  You will then start getting the "but, we're all traveling together so all our cabins should have the same status".    Who gets to stay with Grandma and get her status lol.  It's just a fact that Royal does not give status matching by highest in the cabin.   

1 hour ago, Denversail said:

Probably because you all showed the same address, and 20 yrs ago, IT was clueless, which hasn’t changed to this day.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Denversail said:

20 years ago are the key words here. A LOT has changed in 20 years. The answer is no.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Denversail said:

And then people whine when Royal starts eliminating benefits. 🤦

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

The status match is one of the most detrimental aspects of the C&A program. 

I'm told the "significant other" aspect was created to  allow same sex couples who (back then) could not get  married have the same opportunity for status match as married couples.  Of course it has been abused to allow status match for any casual boyfriend/girlfriend one brings on a cruise.   

The other issue is that a kid goes on one cruise with parents, parents reach diamond before kid is 18 and kid is Diamond  for life.     Then of course, spouse/significant other/ kids and so on. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I'm told the "significant other" aspect was created to  allow same sex couples who (back then) could not get  married have the same opportunity for status match as married couples.  Of course it has been abused to allow status match for any casual boyfriend/girlfriend one brings on a cruise.   

The other issue is that a kid goes on one cruise with parents, parents reach diamond before kid is 18 and kid is Diamond  for life.     Then of course, spouse/significant other/ kids and so on. 

That’s it exactly; the never ending propagation of high level status to people having gone on one cruise 

• Like 1