50% off speciality dining while on ship still exists?

fstuff1

pre-COVID I was able to get 50% off le Petit chef (versions 1 &2 on different ships) and lawn club grill (on Edge) while on the ship.

Does 50% off still exist post COVID?

Haven't seen any deals in the past 2 years.     Maybe thing of the past.   They also are no longer roaming the halls harassing your to book specialty.     As before you can always ask.   Worse the could say is NO. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fstuff1 said:

pre-COVID I was able to get 50% off le Petit chef (versions 1 &2 on different ships) and lawn club grill (on Edge) while on the ship.

Does 50% off still exist post COVID?

My experience post cover is that the restaurants have wait lists.  No discounts available on the ship.  The best discounts were pre-cruise and were in the 10% range.

We were on a cruise in Nov.  There  was someone else that was also on that cruise and posted a live blog.  She wrote that she booked  got 50% off of a few specialty dinners when on board, and that they are giving away food.  Prior to the cruise I always checked for discounts on the dining.   Never seen 50% off. I think 5%was max and I can get more with my CC perks

There was a person always standing at a podium to book those dinners.   I keep asking if there were any discounts.   He said no.   I told and showed him the blog.  He said it never happened and there  were never any discounts like that for a long time.  

Sometimes people write stuff that they want to believe or to glamorize to make others think they are special.  Or they are just confused  and don’t know what they really got.  

The short answer. NO large discounts.  At most is the first night that I have seen to be 30% on the S, and M class.  On the E class the best amount is what you get from the CC perks.

Happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 2

I booked multi night dining packages for my  April 2024 cruses when there was a 25% flash sale discount.  That was part of the labor day sale I believe because my booking date was August 30, 2023.  I check regularly to see if anything would apply to my October and November 2024 cruises and if anything the normal discount has gotten worse and nothing more than 7-10% on any individual or package deals for meals.  

Was hoping for a wave flash sale but nothing yet.

11 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Haven't seen any deals in the past 2 years.     Maybe thing of the past.   They also are no longer roaming the halls harassing your to book specialty.    

As before you can always ask.   Worse the could say is NO. 

yes, i got the 50% off from the waiters roaming the public areas.
And now that you mention it, i havent seen those roamers since Covid. 

Just the restaurant reservations desk in front of the buffet.

3 hours ago, sn2792 said:

We booked Lawn Club grille when we were on Silhouette in November. We Are Elite+ and expected 20% off. When we got the check, they gave us 50% off.

I'm E+. We get 20% off specialty restaurants automatically?

Lawn club grill is still $45?

How much was your bill per person? 

• Thanks 1

Mostly a NO.   There were, however some good flash sales on dinning during their Black Friday flash sale, nothing close to that since, and the entry price has gone up in Eden and Le Voyage since then. 🤬

4 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

As an Elite+, you are entitled to 20% off specialty dining booked onboard. The Lawn Club was $50 per person and we were charged $25.00 per person, The waiter gave us the check and said he gave us a good deal. We were surprised.

4 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

Elite+ dining discount is 15%, we have only been able to get it when we book on board.  Booking before boarding the discount isn’t applied.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sn2792 said:

As an Elite+, you are entitled to 20% off specialty dining booked onboard.

The Lawn Club was $50 per person and we were charged $25.00 per person, The waiter gave us the check and said he gave us a good deal. We were surprised.

Wow and you didn't even ask for a discount?

Do you have any idea why he did that?

22 hours ago, sn2792 said:

As an Elite+, you are entitled to 20% off specialty dining booked onboard. The Lawn Club was $50 per person and we were charged $25.00 per person, The waiter gave us the check and said he gave us a good deal. We were surprised.

For my upcoming Ascent cruise, Lawn Club Grill is still listed at $45.
I would still eat there for $25 (45% off)

On 1/24/2024 at 11:12 AM, sn2792 said:

On the other hand, I just boarded the silhouette and lgc is $60! :classic_ohmy:

Even if that includes 20%tip, that's $50.

Wonder why the newest ship is cheaper?

or is $45 for ascent online pricing and on ship it's$50?

Edited by fstuff1

On 1/24/2024 at 11:24 AM, jelayne said:

Elite+ dining discount is 15%, we have only been able to get it when we book on board.  Booking before boarding the discount isn’t applied.

However if you ask they will adjust it when you dine. Be firm about it as most people don't know to ask so the waiters may have never had to do it before. We've done that multiple times as we have a Zenith discount and don't want to miss out on that. Ridiculous that the systems can't be programmed to automatically apply it.  That is, they could be but they don't bother.

6 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

For my upcoming Ascent cruise, Lawn Club Grill is still listed at $45.
I would still eat there for $25 (45% off)

There is no Lawn Club Grill on the Ascent.  You are thinking of the Rooftop Garden Grill.  

We booked "unlimited specialty dining" for May Alaska on Edge.  Offered at 35% off then then but they tack on 19% gratuity.   Traveling companion booked later and only got std pre-cruise  -7% but a month later cancelled and rebooked when -20% flash sale popped up.  

While unlim-spec is pricey, we downgraded from Aqua Class to veranda and saved enough to offset the specialty pkg cost.  The YT videos of eating at Eden look great.  HAPPY CRUISING

On 1/25/2024 at 6:46 PM, fstuff1 said:

What's the difference in menus?

E class offers specialty burgers, chicken wings, steaks, bbq, 

Definitely a similar concept to Lawn Club with a crossover item or two but the menus are different.