Is a concierge cabin worth it?

First time booked on Celebrity and I noticed that if we go down to a regular balcony cabin, instead of the concierge class cabin we have, it would save about $200. It’s not much, but something. We are Elite members as Diamonds from RCL. Is it worth it? 

Edited by Florida_cruisers

We always book Concierge and now are Elite as well.   The main perks of Concierge are cabin location and the embarkation lunch in the MDR.  Sometimes, Concierge passengers are invited to sailaway on the helipad with free bubbly from a selected port.  Otherwise,  both Concierge and Elite have separate designated waiting areas with continental breakfast on disembarkation day.  Elite status members receive more benefits like the free Happy Hour beverage menu,  theatre tour and other perks/events.  

I can't believe I'm saying this but,  save your money and book a regular veranda cabin if the location works for you!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I just got off Silhouette in Concierge cabin. I needed two cabins next to each other and the only ones left that were not obstructed view was concierge.My father enjoyed the fruit plate that he received everyday in the afternoon, The bottle of sparkling wine was just ok nothing to get excited about. If we book another Celebrity cruise I think it will just depend on the price difference and what cabins and their locations are still available. The other features were nice we just never used them like the boarding day lunch

Useful (to us):

• Embarkation Day lunch - Can get crowded these days, was better in the past.
  • Special Concierge desk - Have used it, works well.
  • Cabin location - This has been a big thing for us.
  • Binoculars in room
  • Umbrella in room
  • Cruise card wallet and bags
  • Priority check-in

Not Useful (to us):

• Canapes - nice idea, doesn't work for us as we were never in the room when they arrived.
  • Sparkling wine - We don't drink alcohol, so I can't comment other than that.

Never Used:

• Enhanced room service breakfast menu
  • Exclusive Destination Seminar
  • Laundry service
  • Complimentary shoeshine service

The times that we have sailed Concierge, it has always been a relative bargain to a standard balcony. Once, it was even cheaper with more OBC because of a special deal through TA.

On 2/9/2024 at 1:52 PM, Florida_cruisers said:

First time booked on Celebrity and I noticed that if we go down to a regular balcony cabin, instead of the concierge class cabin we have, it would save about $200. It’s not much, but something. We are Elite members as Diamonds from RCL. Is it worth it? 

unless you plan to do a lot of cruises on X Concierge is not worth it. Although you are Elite due to your status on Royal to get to Elite+ you start from zero so just settle for a normal balcony unless you are on M class where the cabins are bigger (squarer really) or the difference is tiny (we did Transpacific where the extra was $25 for the whole cruise and we were close to Elite +).

Welcome to X,

2 hours ago, CruiseMrB said:

Useful (to us):

• Binoculars in room
  • Umbrella in room
  • Priority check-in

Not Useful (to us):

• Canapes - nice idea, doesn't work for us as we were never in the room when they arrived.
  • Sparkling wine - We don't drink alcohol, so I can't comment other than that.

Never Used:

• Enhanced room service breakfast menu
  • Exclusive Destination Seminar
  • Laundry service
  • Complimentary shoeshine service

The times that we have sailed Concierge, it has always been a relative bargain to a standard balcony. Once, it was even cheaper with more OBC because of a special deal through TA.

I'll only book concierge if same price as a regular balcony or just slightly more would not pay more than 100 bucks extra for a 10 night cruise.  I like the embarkation lunch and use the bubbly to make mimosas.

2 hours ago, CruiseMrB said:

Useful (to us):

• Binoculars in room
  • Umbrella in room
  • Priority check-in

There is no longer any Priority check-in. No free laundry service either in Concierge.  The binoculars are useless as poor quality.  

Key is the location and the pricing.

I booked a concierge cabin one time. Did not drink the free bottle of wine just left it in the cabin, did not use the embarkation lunch in the dining room because we like the buffet, afternoon snacks were never eaten because we just weren’t hungry between lunch and dinner, never used binoculars or umbrella,

going to the helipad for sail away did not work because the instructions said you needed closed toed shoes and I didn’t have any. I only brought sandals.

Would not do it again, but the cruise was wonderful.

For beyond I have a concierge room only because it was cheaper than the regular balcony.

I am a diamond in royal so I tranfered the points to celebrity so points dont matter much and the lunch is super limited on day 1. Nice location but you can save more in a deck below booking a regular balcony.  btw priority checkin is not enforced, anyone can come early and board early at least in FL.

7 hours ago, mcatmcat said:

For beyond I have a concierge room only because it was cheaper than the regular balcony.

I am a diamond in royal so I tranfered the points to celebrity so points dont matter much and the lunch is super limited on day 1. Nice location but you can save more in a deck below booking a regular balcony.  btw priority checkin is not enforced, anyone can come early and board early at least in FL.

Still enforced at other ports so arriving early is still a gamble.

We did Concierge once (our only Celebrity sailing to date) but it was a result of the cabin location, We didn't know we were concierge until we got to our room  (it was an aft balcony). Like others we would never have paid  for the perks (didn't use most of them) it was purely to have the aft balcony (on the Summit).

We had a sail away event on the helipad, that was kinda  cool .. the only perk I really recall using/enjoying.

We tried it on Beyond, which was our first X cruise. The only benefit we used was the embarkation day lunch, which was fine, but there was a long line and it was crowded.  Not sure how many concierge cabins they sell on the average cruise, but it felt like 1/3 of the ship.

Wouldn't pay extra for it again but did love our first X cruise!

5 hours ago, rodndonna said:

We had a sail away event on the helipad, that was kinda  cool .. the only perk I really recall using/enjoying.

The sailaway is so much better from a sunset veranda balcony especially on the higher decks.  I went to it on the helipad and was disappointed. 

Just now, drakes2 said:

The sailaway is so much better from a sunset veranda balcony especially on the higher decks.  I went to it on the helipad and was disappointed. 

I recall liking it because I thought being on a cruiseship "helipad" would potentially be the only chance I would have to do so (with a drink in my hand no less!)

You are right though, the "sail away" aspect was nothing I recall as being interesting.

I am very surprised that no one is mentioning what my wife considers the best perk of all for concierge class.  First, the robes you receive in a concierge cabin are the bigger, fluffier robes that are actually robes as opposed to the flimsy one in the normal cabins.  She loves the heavy robes for just laying about in the cabin.  Also, the towels are of the bigger fluffier variety.  I am surprised no one has mentioned those two items.  They are delightful, given the nice robes to lounge around the cabin and the big wrap around towels that  can be used after the many showers you seem to take while on a cruise.  We always book concierge.  It is certainly not for the canapes, which are dreadful, or the sparkling wine which is no better than "two buck chuck".  We could care less about the embarkation lunch or the breakfast in a certain place reserved for concierge guests.  It is all about the robes and the towels, and secondly the location of the cabins,  The rest of the stuff is of no benefit to us.  Just our two cents.  

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

I recall liking it because I thought being on a cruiseship "helipad" would potentially be the only chance I would have to do so (with a drink in my hand no less!)

You are right though, the "sail away" aspect was nothing I recall as being interesting.

They did have some mimosas and another drink made with blue curacao which was nice. No one really hung around for long though guess they were getting ready for dinner. 

Maybe access to a concierge would be helpful for first time Celeb cruisers.  They can make reservations in MDR for you or last minute tour reservations, answer questions.  Not a butler but similar.  I agree the robes in regular cabins are embarrassing. Towels are OK, good hotel quality.

17 hours ago, mcatmcat said:

you will be Elite on Celebrity but you can’t transfer the points! So you‘ll have to start your way to the next level - Elite Plus - with zero points.

We had a Prime Concierge Infinite Veranda booked on Beyond.  We were convinced by a few friends that it was worth it to spend a couple hundred more for an Aqua Class cabin, and we jumped on it.  The Canapes and the Bubbles mean nothing to us, since we have the drink package, and will now have an opportunity to dine in Blu, as well as access to the Thermal Suite, which I'm sure the wife would use, and I'll probably use once...