A game changer coming for Florida cruising

20 minutes ago, voljeep said:

yes, the SKY from Port Canaveral in 2025

Is that confirmed, or just speculation? PC would not be as good as New York (which we would prefer over Brooklyn), but if the Sky is sailing to Bermuda, we're all over that one.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Is that confirmed, or just speculation? PC would not be as good as New York (which we would prefer over Brooklyn), but if the Sky is sailing to Bermuda, we're all over that one.

Yes, Sky is sailing from Port Canaveral in 2025.  We are booked for November 30, 2025.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, whitecap said:

Yes, Sky is sailing from Port Canaveral in 2025.  We are booked for November 30, 2025.

Thanks. I was already aware that the Sky is sailing from PE, but I was referring to my earlier comment about how nice it would be for sailings from New York to Bermuda. Someone replied "yes, the SKY from Port Canaveral in 2025". It doesn't look like the Sky is sailing to Bermuda, at least not that I can see. Fingers crossed though.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, lx200gps said:

+1 for sure. I'd love them to start sailing to Bermuda.

Princess just completely changed 3 itineraries on the Island Princess in 2025 (July 4th, August 19th, August 29th) which are now 10 day Caribbean cruises from New York with an overnight in Bermuda.

Edited by Princess Cruises Fann
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

If it’s like too much of her overhyping things, the announcement might not be any “MAJOR news”..

Unlike the previous SVP of Sales who didn’t prevent non travel agents from viewing his webinars, she has restricted her webinars to TAs only…why does she block passengers from learning about info that affects us? 🤔

I agree. This was a great vehicle for us non-TA's to stay informed and get involved.  Most TA's don't have the time to get the word out in a timely manner. For us loyal Princess cruisers who have enjoyed nearly 60+ voyages under the SeaWitch it would benefit Princess Cruises to keep everyone on the team with all that is going on.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Princess have tried both in the past with little success, and to be honest neither would be a “game changer”, however marketing spin being what it is ….

I think the market has changed a bit since then. The ships that were here were sold out and Royal made a major announcement that they are bringing the massive Wonder of The Seas to Miami in 2025 to do short sailings. Big change there as no one usually uses their new large ships for this. 

But I agree "game changer" sure is a marketing spin! 

• Like 1

As a person based in the Northeast, more cruising benefits/upgrades/improvements/enhancements out of Florida, while nice, just seems like more of the same...

That said, let's hope it truly benefits customers.

6 minutes ago, JGmf said:

As a person based in the Northeast, more cruising benefits/upgrades/improvements/enhancements out of Florida, while nice, just seems like more of the same...

That said, let's hope it truly benefits customers.

Yes Florida is pretty saturated and Princess has a very minimal presence in the northeast. This has caused me to sail Celebrity and Royal more often as a result  🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Princess Cruises Fann said:

Princess just completely changed 3 itineraries on the Island Princess in 2025 (July 4th, August 19th, August 29th) which are now 10 day Caribbean cruises from New York with an overnight in Bermuda.

Thanks for the clarification. Sadly, a 10 day on such a small ship isn't right for us, but if Princess would put a larger ship to Bermuda on a typical 7 day, with three days at the Dockyard, that would be great for us.  As it is now, we're stuck with NCL for such an itinerary, with the Breakaway and the Aqua, but we would definitely prefer Princess.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

4. Partnership with Brightline - Florida residents receive complimentary/reduced fare transport to/from FLL  via Brightline

This is one of the thoughts that popped into my head as well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I would call cruise transportation from the San Francisco East Bay a real game changer.  If only!  

Isn't that called a Panama Canal transit?  🤭

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, RNRcruisers said:

Seems like those living in the area already have an advantage in that they don't have to fly to cruise. 

Florida is our countries 3rd most populous state, only behind California and Texas. It’s also growing population wise at about 12% a year. The biggest clusters of the population are within a 3-4 hr drive of either Port Canaveral or Port Everglades. It only makes sense to try and develop ways to increase the number of guests living in the region who choose to sail Princess.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cruizer rick said:

If I’m a betting man I would say they are going to start offering 3/4 night cruises

4-5-4 also works ... 14 day turnaround E-W-E ... W-E-W

• Like 1

There were a lot of negative posts on page 1 of this thread.  I had to check to make sure I wasn't on the Celebrity forum.  😃😃😃

Fingers crossed the "game changer" leaks before April 5.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Gail & Dan said:

Could be the new lounge?

New lounge? You mean the Ho Lounge outside Port Everglades, mainly suite guests? That's been open for more than a year now? I guess that would be considered news... 

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

4-5-4 also works ... 14 day turnaround E-W-E ... W-E-W

Many years ago the 4-5-4 was done and a lot of people took advantage of the "number of cruises" to get to Elite.  I can remember that it was a very sore subject on CC as those that had worked hard doing longer cruises, and only getting credit for 1 or 2, were upset with someone being able to do a 4-5-4, and getting 3 credits.  It was something that Princess offered but the people that booked these trips were thrashed pretty hard.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, whitecap said:

Many years ago the 4-5-4 was done and a lot of people took advantage of the "number of cruises" to get to Elite.  I can remember that it was a very sore subject on CC as those that had worked hard doing longer cruises, and only getting credit for 1 or 2, were upset with someone being able to do a 4-5-4, and getting 3 credits.  It was something that Princess offered but the people that booked these trips were thrashed pretty hard.  

There are lots of considerations that go into one cruise vs B2B when booking. There’s usually a difference in price, OBC and even room availability on cabins that are thus far empty which are impacted depending on how the cruise is booked. Interestingly the differences can go in either direction and can vary from ship to ship. So thrashers can pound salt. 

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

New lounge? You mean the Ho Lounge outside Port Everglades, mainly suite guests? That's been open for more than a year now? I guess that would be considered news... 

that would not be new would it now ! 

Edited by Gail & Dan