Basically full Beyond - How Bad??

I'm scheduled on an ABC cruise on the Beyond this summer. Looking at it on the website, it's basically full - only a handful of solo IVs and a few suites are available.

I had a not super great experience on the Anthem of the Seas in February with a completely full ship, so this is making me pretty nervous. I'm in Aqua, so there's that advantage - BUT Aqua is totally sold out as well. So...

Has anyone else been on a totally full Beyond (or Ascent since they're pretty much twins)? How bad was it??

3 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I'm scheduled on an ABC cruise on the Beyond this summer. Looking at it on the website, it's basically full - only a handful of solo IVs and a few suites are available.

I had a not super great experience on the Anthem of the Seas in February with a completely full ship, so this is making me pretty nervous. I'm in Aqua, so there's that advantage - BUT Aqua is totally sold out as well. So...

Has anyone else been on a totally full Beyond (or Ascent since they're pretty much twins)? How bad was it??

Yes, actually most of the cruises we take are full.

And we only sail on Edge class ships now.  Never had a problem.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On one right now...

I have only seen about 7 children on the cruise (mind you we do not have common interests so our paths do not cross often anyway).

As you would expect Blu often has a line early in the evening. The elevators are a bit of a pian in the back of the edge ships (they are small). Tough to get a seat at Martini bar and Eden for shows. Lots of big groups taking seats early, etc.

Food has been overall very good. Specialty dining is available (this seems to be a rather cost-conscious bunch on here this sailing).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

We were In AQ Class on Ascent in Jan..full house ???  .BLU was lovely...not crowded (we eat early).. so happy for that.

The outdoor pool was a total mob scene.. from early on there was loud music and pool games.  Solarium was pleasant early in the day..

Many nice spaces were taken over during daytime  by sports..pickleball on Rooftop garden, curling in the CLUB,  golf  putting in EDEN..

We managed to find quieter spots, Cafe Baccio was  nice,  we could get lunch at Raw on 5 and at  Cafe Bistro..Go early for good seats at shows..they do fill up.!

Other than the loud and shouty vibe  it was fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, hcat said:

We were In AQ Class on Ascent in Jan..full house ???  .BLU was lovely...not crowded (we eat early).. so happy for that.

The outdoor pool was a total mob scene.. from early on there was loud music and pool games.  Solarium was pleasant early in the day..

Many nice spaces were taken over during daytime  by sports..pickleball on Rooftop garden, curling in the CLUB,  golf  putting in EDEN..

We managed to find quieter spots, Cafe Baccio was  nice,  we could get lunch at Raw on 5 and at  Cafe Bistro..Go early for good seats at shows..they do fill up.!

Other than the loud and shouty vibe  it was fine.

Thanks. That's annoying about golf in Eden. That was my quiet place to curl up during the day with a book on the Edge in 2020.

7 minutes ago, Bead Pirate said:

On one right now...

I have only seen about 7 children on the cruise (mind you we do not have common interests so our paths do not cross often anyway).

As you would expect Blu often has a line early in the evening. The elevators are a bit of a pian in the back of the edge ships (they are small). Tough to get a seat at Martini bar and Eden for shows. Lots of big groups taking seats early, etc.

Food has been overall very good. Specialty dining is available (this seems to be a rather cost-conscious bunch on here this sailing).

Thanks. That is ugh about Blu - I'd rather eat earlier. 😞 (Weirdly on Disney I prefer late dining, but everywhere else I like eating earlier.)

1 minute ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thanks. That's annoying about golf in Eden. That was my quiet place to curl up during the day with a book on the Edge in 2020.

It doesn’t go on all day by any stretch of the imagination..

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

It doesn’t go on all day by any stretch of the imagination..

that is true but it ran over its alloted time..and then a residual crowd

there are still some quieter spots along the winding pathway!  and a sweet spot between blu and EDEN without a loudspeaker..and good  chairs..and comfy seating near Guest relations area.

.Seek peace and you shall find it!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, hcat said:

that is true but it ran over its alloted time..and then a residual crowd

there are still some quieter spots along the winding pathway!  and a sweet spot between blu and EDEN without a loudspeaker..and good  chairs..and comfy seating near Guest relations area.

.Seek peace and you shall find it!

Agree the ships have a lot to offer of all types of variety…

We did a B2B on Beyond last October in the Mediterranean. Ship was full and we never felt it was crowded other than the Martini Bar. We were Aqua and ate both breakfast and dinner in Blu other than a couple of specialty restaurants. We had the same table every night in Blu early (about 6:15) and never had a wait. When we left at 7:30-7:45 there was a short line a few nights. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

We were on the Beyond in February, 11 night Southern Caribbean. It was definitely full and, at times, it was noticeable. The Pool deck and Solarium were packed -- early and often. Chair hogs were out in full force. We did not notice it as much in the other venues, although at late morning on a sea day Cafe alBacio was packed too, very tough to get a seat anywhere on deck 4. 

Having said all that, we would not hesitate to do it again. 

FWIW, here is a link to my LIVE...

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

We were on the Beyond in February, 11 night Southern Caribbean. It was definitely full and, at times, it was noticeable. The Pool deck and Solarium were packed -- early and often. Chair hogs were out in full force. We did not notice it as much in the other venues, although at late morning on a sea day Cafe alBacio was packed too, very tough to get a seat anywhere on deck 4. 

Having said all that, we would not hesitate to do it again. 

FWIW, here is a link to my LIVE...

mac_tlc

Thanks! Will check it out! I was finishing the aforementioned Anthem cruise when you were embarking on this, so I missed it.

2 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

We did a B2B on Beyond last October in the Mediterranean. Ship was full and we never felt it was crowded other than the Martini Bar. We were Aqua and ate both breakfast and dinner in Blu other than a couple of specialty restaurants. We had the same table every night in Blu early (about 6:15) and never had a wait. When we left at 7:30-7:45 there was a short line a few nights. 

Thank you!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Just curious, which sailing are you on? Im on the July 13th.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, samplecd02 said:

Just curious, which sailing are you on? Im on the July 13th.

July 27. I was looking at both, but when I booked there was some special on Sunset Verandas for solos where they were cheaper than even the Solo IVs on the 27th. Then once AQ was no longer bundled with internet and drink package (outside of the solo IVs it's WAY pricey for a solo to book AI since it's doubled other than the solo IVs), my TA was able to get me a super rate on that.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

24 minutes ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

Sailing on Beyond over the July4th week.  Our cruise is almost sold out, too!  (or maybe we are on same sailing?)  But, I have noticed that even on the larger ships, you can often find quiet places to sit and read.  Fingers crossed for all of us!  Happy sailing!

We're on that sailing as well.  Be sure to join the roll call.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We were on a TA/b2b in Europe; the ship rarely felt crowded.  Then we cruised on her(Beyond)in the Caribbean (Early December)and it was a total different scenario for us.  Everything was so slow and congested due to the clientele onboard...much older with mobility devices and just float the boat cruisers in abundance.  We are seniors, not spring chickens at all.  Several nights the line for dinner was quite long, so it was hard to even get off the elevator.  I am sure that this wasn’t a “normal cruise,” but it really made us think, as we had never had this issue before during all our travels...we are sticking with TA’s and b2b’s outside the Caribbean.  To be fair, we are not Caribbean people at this point in our lives.  I am sure you will have a much different demographic due to your timing!  Debarking was a nightmare caused by people who must have been new working off the ship 🥰

Edited by Lastdance
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

Sailing on Beyond over the July4th week.  Our cruise is almost sold out, too!  (or maybe we are on same sailing?)  But, I have noticed that even on the larger ships, you can often find quiet places to sit and read.  Fingers crossed for all of us!  Happy sailing!

I'm on July 27.

Was on the Beyond in May, nearly full.  I parrot what @hcat says about Blu not being crowded if you go early and the pool being jam-packed.  With shows, one of the best "tricks" I learned is to sit in the back which allows you to leave for any reason

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Was on the Beyond in May, nearly full.  I parrot what @hcat says about Blu not being crowded if you go early and the pool being jam-packed.  With shows, one of the best "tricks" I learned is to sit in the back which allows you to leave for any reason

Thanks.

oh, I always sit near the back or somewhere I can escape easily because I’m super picky about entertainment. I have no shame in walking out if something isn’t worth the time to me. Lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Both ships are really classy.  We were on two capacity cruises in the Caribbean.  Eden was not a quiet place.  There was corn bowling, golf, art classes and trivia contests there. Place was packed.

But the biggest problem was lunch  at Oceanview.  Seating was difficult to come by and the place was real busy.  We quickly learned to eat elsewhere such as the lunch cafe at Eden.  

Food and accommodations were excellent.  We loved the Captains on the Ascent over the Beyond. . .

We were on Beyond in mid March and it was a sold out cruise to Panama Canal and ABC islands.  We were in Retreat and one night we had to wait 40 minutes to dine.  

We went to the buffet several times for lunch and a few times had to walk around to find empty seats.  Food was very good!   I usually found a free seat at Cafe Al Bacio.  We tried to go to a few shows in the smaller venues and could never find any seats.  Also, in the main theatre we only saw a few shows as there were no available seats at either show.  We usually showed up about 15 minutes ahead of show.  I was not spending my vacation sitting an hour waiting for a show to begin.   We walked the pool area several times, very crowded on sea days but many open chairs on port days.  

We have been on Equinox 8 times and this was our first time on an Edge Class.  We found it very cold and uninviting.  The cabin was very nice.  We booked a future cruise on board on Reflection.  

We still had a great cruise as I am sure you will!