The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday May 11th, 2024

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Good Saturday Morning Dailyites!  Thank you @grapau27for the information on the rolling foam.  I first thought it was taking the foam off the futon and rolling it back up and putting it in the closet.  Which I always find challenging.  

Last night DH and I went outside to see the ISS go over, and we saw a lot of red in the sky.  At first I thought it was a neon disaster, but it turned out it was the aurora.  This far south!  The solar storm in this area had increased, so I am thinking those up north must have had quite a show.

The temps dropped yesterday, very low humidity, had to turn the heater back on on the porch. Kittens are trying to escape from the box, and Munchkin will have none of it. They stand on their back legs, get those tiny claws into the top of the box, and start pulling themselves up , poke their heads  over the edge to see the rest of the world, and Momma cat runs over and bops them on the heads until they let go, and drop back down into the box.  

I followed the nurses directions on sleeping with my head elevated, it actually helped with the pain, so I slept on the sofa, with one cat (who had me pinned so well, that I had no idea who it was) and slept for 8 hours.  The whole time sliding down off the pillows, until I became a ball at the end of the sofa, but I slept!  8 hours in a row!  No waking up!  No leg cramps!  No one getting up and turning on all the lights.  Sleep, it's so wonderful, if I didnt have to go to the laundromat today, I would consider doing it all day....

Annie, I'm glad you got a good night's sleep.

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I'm not sure if foam rolling refers to those gym foam rollers or those for hair. I've only had one root canal, and since it relieved the pain and wasn't painful to get, I wasn't sure why they are so feared. I will certainly appreciate awareness of chronic immunological and neurological  diseases (May 12), since that encompasses my eye disease (uveitis) and RA. Funny quote. Yes to the meal, pass on the drink, and yes to the wine. I haven't been to Phuket. My roommate in college was from Thailand and has wanted me to visit. Cats has some great music; I'm a big ALW fan.

It's 53F and sunny now, but was 43 this AM. Brrr. And I didn't have the heat set to come on. We've had lots of rain, and more later today they say. I tried to see the Northern Lights but didn't see anything (too much light around I think), although some folks nearby got good photos. I was tired last night and fell right asleep. I woke up at 5, and the Care List hadn't synced on iCloud, so I had to come downstairs. I managed to fall back asleep for another 2 hours. BFF is on his own today, but has enough food. On Monday we have to visit perioperative clinic. I am going to try to do laundry today; hasn't been done for almost 3 weeks, plus there's extra from BFF being here. Only the last 3 steps coming up from the basement are a concern, as they're taller than normal steps. I will have my phone with me. I hate to stay down there for all the loads, as it's colder and no comfortable seating (only a stool).

@MISTER 67 Bon Voyage George!

@StLouisCruisers Bon Voyage Sandi & Dennis!

@Niagarawine Bon Voyage Kathi & Ray!

@Cat in my lap @Gail & Marty sailing away Welcome Back from The Grand World Voyage!

@grapau27 Thanks for the explanation. Lovely weather for your lunch in the gardens.

@cat shepard Great photos from your family! 

@1ANGELCAT I am so sorry you had to make that decision for Houdini, but I know it is done out of love. (((Hugs)))

@smitty34877 I'm glad to hear that DB and DSIL have come to help the family. You are blessed to have an extended family who cares.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for the Phuket photos.

@marshhawk I'm glad to hear that you got a good night's sleep! I hope your dental pain is minimal today.

@kazu I hope the antibiotics are working and that you are having less foot pain.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

Vanessa, I hope the Monday pre-opt visit for BFF goes well.  Please be careful while doing the laundry.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Lovely photos Lenda.

Thank you, Graham.

2 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

It’s over 💔🐾💔

((((((HUGS!))))))  🌈

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

While scrolling along in google land I saw a quiz that said if you could get 15 right, you had a photographic memory.  I thought what the heck...the questions were about TV.  Apparently I watched too much tv.

The results are in

You scored 58 out of 60 RetryCONGRATULATIONS!You’re a classic TV show guru. You aced the quiz and demonstrated an impressive knowledge of the golden age of television. You’re a true connoisseur of classic shows, and your love for TV shines through. Keep up the fantastic work!

• Like 8
  • Haha 8

7 hours ago, kazu said:

Wine of the Day - Marques De Riscal Reserva Rioja 

I have previously commented here that I think Spanish wines, in general, are remarkably good values.  Spanish "Riserva" (and, especially, "Gran Riserva") wines have some age on them before they ever hit the store shelves.

I am a big fan of the Marques de Riscal Riservas.  I used to be able to get them at my local Costco for $13-$14.  I was a regular buyer, but, sadly, I haven't seen it for about a year.  Don't forget, also, that I am the big California wine bigot.  So, my vouching for a non-California wine is a big deal.

For those inclined to traveling the continent, give thought to visiting Marques de Riscal.  They have built a world class hotel.  The architect was Frank Gehry.  His style is immediately recognizable.

biolc-facade-2530-hor-pano.thumb.webp.9e6b63f3a732e6c784d3704ab1d44855.webp

It looks like this is a Marriott property.  So, if anybody has a lot of Marriott points, maybe you can cash them in for a stay here.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 6

Thank you to those that organize the Fleet and Daily Report.

Our last day aboard the MSC Seashore. Today we had a seafood buffet for lunch up on the YC Pool Deck. We had another nice conversation with our butler and found that he is Indonesian. He is so proud of his three children back home. His Father was a long term employee for Holland America and retired from them!

We have noticed a small number of differences from sailing on MSC in Europe. I was a bit reluctant sailing in the US after reading MSC posts on CC. But as far as we are concerned it has been very enjoyable and will book a sailing in the US again. I will add that this cruise was very reasonable priced!

Stay safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

So sorry about your little Houdini, @1ANGELCAT, you will have fond memories.  

we went to bed last night at our regular time, after checking the sky, but DD visiting from Gander stayed up and went wandering up towards the ferry terminal.  She got some great photos but it must have been after midnight.  Even the moon and stars.  Wish we had stayed up.  If it continues tonight, I’ll ask her to wake us up.  She said she could still see it when she got home from our courtyard.  

IMG_3500.thumb.jpeg.b2793fcdcaddac1672b21fc155a04d7a.jpeg

IMG_3503.thumb.jpeg.7c5fde9a785bb8c52298df22aae268b6.jpeg

IMG_3497.thumb.jpeg.85a6c771b5f0ffaee5338dd787368850.jpeg

This was straight up, towards the end of the show…

IMG_3509.thumb.jpeg.e57f4e488d72c86dfe2d9b894319e0dd.jpeg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 6

Good morning, 

It's another gorgeous day in my neck of the woods. I've taken care of the neighbor dog so she's set for the day and I'm heading out to meet up with DS and DDIL at one of their friends' houses. I have directions and been promised good food so we'll see how it goes! 

We have another day in the mid-70's and we hit 80 yesterday. I didn't see the Northern Lights - just too tired but I'll watch again for them tonight. I'm working at getting the clothes closet changed over to the summer clothes and it's time to pack up DD DH's clothes so have to get my mind around that. 

No plans for Mothers Day yet but hoping DS and DDIL come over and get lawns mowed, filled hummingbird feeders and maybe help with clothes. I don't like to bug them too much so we'll see how it goes. 3 weeks tomorrow I sail on Majestic Princess for a week by myself on a cruise ship. I'm really looking forward to it! 

Karen

• Like 21

@1ANGELCATI'm so sorry for you, but grateful for Houdini that you allowed him to venture over the Rainbow Bridge where he'll have the most amazing time with his friends.  Huge hugs coming your way.

@NiagarawineI found a number of tutorials on the internet, this one is the closest to what I actually do.  I don't use batting, just place the backing piece good side up and start laying the triangles on it before sewing.  I've found it much easier to piece them together by ironing the triangles first, but that's just my method.  If you quilt (which I obviously do not!), I'm sure you'll have other ways of doing them.  They're easy, and I have to admit, some of them are really nice looking when you use coordinating fabrics!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

Should be around 5:15 to 5:30 for Zuiderdam. Hope that means plenty of wine and spirits loaded on.  I’m trying to find a good place to stand for sail away!  But I’m thirsty so just stopped to order a strawberry daiquiri to cool me off. Matches my pink T shirt!  👚 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

@1ANGELCAT So sad for you, sending extra (((hugs)))

Thanks for the beautiful pix of the aurora!  Thick clouds here until now so maybe tonight?  I didn’t sleep well, not sure how late I can stay up. 

We’re managing our regime here. Not giving up!  

Glad Annie slept, the best healing!  

Terry, glad you have help and can get some rest. Meals always yeast better when someone else cooks!  Enjoy!  

Blessings to all in need!

Bon Voyage to our lucky cruisers!  
Cheers to those celebrating happy moments🌈
Thanks all for being here sharing the journey. 
Maureen

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Just one Phuket photo from me.  The Island sits almost directly across from Koh Sumai, accessed by a long causeway.  While @Quartzsite Cruiser was there in 2000, for me it was 2010.  In between there was an extremely devastating tsunami on December 26, 2004 and our tender dock was pretty much ground zero for the tsunami.  While I did not like most of my photos I found this one quite poignant:

IMG_1717.thumb.JPG.c892e3168011643f9edd3afb7be33724.JPG

Roy

• Like 6
  • Thanks 8

3 hours ago, ger_77 said:

@1ANGELCATI'm so sorry for you, but grateful for Houdini that you allowed him to venture over the Rainbow Bridge where he'll have the most amazing time with his friends.  Huge hugs coming your way.

@NiagarawineI found a number of tutorials on the internet, this one is the closest to what I actually do.  I don't use batting, just place the backing piece good side up and start laying the triangles on it before sewing.  I've found it much easier to piece them together by ironing the triangles first, but that's just my method.  If you quilt (which I obviously do not!), I'm sure you'll have other ways of doing them.  They're easy, and I have to admit, some of them are really nice looking when you use coordinating fabrics!

Thanks so much,I will try tgese

• Like 5