Anyone able to switch to new middle fixed dining time prior to cruise?

With Royal rolling out the new mid third fixed dining time, has anyone had any luck switching over to it prior to the cruise? We sail June 6 on the liberty and would love to have that dining time as it suits us perfectly.  Thanks in advance 

Dan

5 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

With Royal rolling out the new mid third fixed dining time, has anyone had any luck switching over to it prior to the cruise?

You are assuming facts not in evidence -that "roll out" is far from a done deal and still a rare thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

With Royal rolling out the new mid third fixed dining time, has anyone had any luck switching over to it prior to the cruise? We sail June 6 on the liberty and would love to have that dining time as it suits us perfectly.  Thanks in advance 

Dan

no such rollout.  More like an trial run on a couple ships

Edited by crazyank
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK, thanks.  Doesn’t hurt to ask.  I thought I had read that 16 or more ships were already practicing this. We will talk to the Maitre d when we get on the ship to see if the liberty is trying it out and if we can make adjustments from our early fixed dining time.  Not a huge deal either way I guess.  Happy sailing

• Like 1

I would like to switch as well. For the first time ever we have early at 5.30.  Too early for me  but hubby said 8pm is too late for him now we're getting older so we're giving early a go 🤞

• Like 3

Anyone know what ships have (or will have) the middle dining time?

We always select early dining, but for our Harmony cruise it's as early as 5pm so we selected late dining instead, which is 7:30pm.  Something in-between would be perfect.  

(Don't want to wait until we get on ship as we would book shows around dining)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sgmn said:

For the first time ever we have early at 5.30. 

Be aware that on many ships, 5:30 is actually 5:00 now even though it may say 5:30 on your cruise docs.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Dan

IT is NOT set up to handle it right now - they will only be able to get it into the IT once it is rolled out to every ship - which will take a few more moth - so far only on 10 ships...

So for now you have to have MTD to be able to switch once on board!

• Thanks 1

From what i have read it looks like 1/2 of the MTD room will be set up for a fixed 6:45 time, you will have the same table and same waiters every night, you will be able to book this time slot when you book your cruise. You will be able to by pass the line and go straight to your table every night. As the 6:45 diners finish up their table will open to anyone with MTD.  Looks like Royal sees the ending to MTD down the road and fixed dining will be back for 90% of cruisers.   

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

From what i have read it looks like 1/2 of the MTD room will be set up for a fixed 6:45 time, you will have the same table and same waiters every night, you will be able to book this time slot when you book your cruise. You will be able to by pass the line and go straight to your table every night. As the 6:45 diners finish up their table will open to anyone with MTD.  Looks like Royal sees the ending to MTD down the road and fixed dining will be back for 90% of cruisers.   

Not true so far - no advance option atm! - see my comment above - it is about 30% of MTD right now and they struggle as their bouncers are not aware of the people bypassing the line - so you have to argue every 2nd night....we got a "line pass" from our headwaiter🤣

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Which 10 ships

Unknown which ones exactly - Oasis, Wonder, Spectrum and Icon are known...

They will add one every x weeks - and when all have it - the IT will follow up to have it as an booking-option in advance!

Edited by cruiseboy89130
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, RFerrington said:

Not Wonder.  At least, not this week

How would you know?

You have MTD?

It will NOT be advertised atm!

So unless you are in MTD and chosen or ask specifically....nobody will know!

1 minute ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

unless you are in MTD and chosen or ask specifically

12 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

they struggle as their bouncers are not aware of the people bypassing the line - so you have to argue every 2nd night....we got a "line pass" from our headwaiter

That’s a hard pass for me. I’ll look into it when it can be booked in advance like the normal times. I want no parts of dealing with anything MTD-related on Wonder. We had early seating on deck 4 in March & the MTD “line” as we left the MDR was more like a sea of people extending out towards the elevators.

• Like 1

Yeah the fixed 5pm-5:15 is the problem.  just too dang early.  Still full from lunch when you are sitting down for dinner. We ran into this on the quantum in Alaska last summer. Lunch venues did not open until noon so you got done with lunch around 1 PM and they wanted you right back into the main dining room at 5 PM. It was ludicrous .

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

We had early seating on deck 4 in March & the MTD “line” as we left the MDR was more like a sea of people extending out towards the elevators.

Yep that is the new normal!🤢 

They turned down a LOT of people that wanted the 6.45 pm fixed once they noticed or got word - they don't even put it in the cruise compass atm to make sure not many know and ask....

We were lucky to be chosen because of status + MTD reservation time!

Totally surprised when our seapass had 6.45 pm and a fixed table number on them!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Be aware that on many ships, 5:30 is actually 5:00 now even though it may say 5:30 on your cruise docs.

Had 5, 515 and 530 in last 5months, some were different then originally said pre Cruise

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 hour ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

How would you know?

You have MTD?

It will NOT be advertised atm!

So unless you are in MTD and chosen or ask specifically....nobody will know!

So how does it get used if cruisers don't know to ask for it?  That makes no sense.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

So how does it get used if cruisers don't know to ask for it?  That makes no sense.

59 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

We were lucky to be chosen because of status + MTD reservation time!

Totally surprised when our seapass had 6.45 pm and a fixed table number on them!

They will let you know when you qualify - they give you the option to opt out if you wish.....and have no problem filling the spot atm!

Edited by cruiseboy89130

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

I would like to switch as well. For the first time ever we have early at 5.30.  Too early for me  but hubby said 8pm is too late for him now we're getting older so we're giving early a go 🤞

5:30 is sit down. You won't eat until close to 6

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

This ones in Europe so hoping they stick to 5.30 🤞as dinner is traditional later there. Had the new dining of 6.45 on Spectrum even though we had booked MTD. It was on our sea pass and note in our cabin on boarding 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

That’s been what we’ve seen too.  Although we see many coming in at 5:15 and even some coming in at 5:30, but who knows, those may be the MTD folks that were waiting and got the table when the others didn’t show up in time.

Had MTD reservations every night for 7 PM on the recent Oasis TA.  Headed to the MDR around 6:45 PM.  A MDR employee said if you wanted same table at 6:45 PM every night to come forward.  Took them up on the offer.  🙂