Interesting the update here on Celebrity Status match. Its a good thing Silversea included and levels changed

8 minutes ago, critterchick said:

Only a chosen few seem to have access to the number of Pinnacles in the world. Many, if not most, of the the original 150 are still alive (one of my very few claims to "fame"), kicking and cruising but there has been exponential growth, especially since Covid struck. My guess, and it's entirely pulled out of the air, is 4000 or so.

Any other educated guesses out there as to the number of Pinnacles?

For years the number of Zeniths was a closely held secret somewhat similar to the recipe of Coke.  So it was surprising that Capt. Matt shared a number so publicly.

3 hours ago, billc23 said:

Zenith members who want to try Silversea will be happy.

I'm a double Zenith and trying Silversea for the first time in 2026.   Can't say really excited except for the free laundry---- but basically a Zenith on SS gets the same benefits as an Elite.  The benefit of 10% discount might be of interest but is on "Next" booking.   Won't make or break a decision to book.

2 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Not new, they did the same on our Edge cruises on the first day of the cruise.

We were on the Edge for 4 sailing and the Ascent for 1

between October and April and never had our card scanned or asked to show the card.  

May be just a conjecture on my part.    Current Zenith's are also admitted on a space available basis and I thought I saw a provision that in those cases a Lounge would be setup for the non-suite Zenith's.   

Would it be a good assumption that the Celebrity Zeniths, the Pinnacles and the SS's top cruiser might not make it into Retreat but send to an Alternate Lounge??

I don't have a number for Pinnacle Club members, but I have heard stories of Transatlantics with hundreds of Pinnacles onboard Oasis class ships.

Anything over 20-30 Zeniths creates issues for a Zenith lunch (Edge repositioning had multiple lunches each cruise). The Zeniths are not invited to the Cheers with an officer event on Royal (as it's for Diamond Plus and Pinnacle (a lot of people)). There is no explicit information saying Pinnacles are prohibited from the Zenith lunch. 

We are currently Emerald on Royal and will become Diamond in October. We will be cruising on Celebrity in January 2025.  I had previously read that a status match will only be done one time so we were waiting to match status on Celebrity after completing our Royal cruises this fall.  From what I have read on this thread, I can go ahead and have Celebrity match our current RCC status and our X status will automatically update when we reach Diamond.  Am I reading this correctly?  Thank you.

I think besides my unhappiness with the inequity in benefits across the lines and how Royal Pinns will benefit so much more from this than we Zeniths, is the fact that this is yet one more step in blending the companies and therefore taking away what made Celebrity special.  The way it's going, I don't understand why they even bother having three companies.  Not sure about Silversea but it seems that just about every change made is to make Celebrity more like Royal.  Change to more short cruises.  Change to sail out of Port Canaveral (more challenging for those of us who fly, which is a lot!).  Change to offer 3rd and 4th person free to bring more children and families onto the ships, which make them even more crowded than before.  Change to aim the marketing more and more towards younger folks, which often means more of those families.  Change to design the ships to also appeal more to the younger crowd.  Change to give Pinnacles better benefits on Celebrity so we will be competing with them for bookings and I can't imagine that won't make the prices rise even more.  I also can't imagine that likely bringing so many high level Royal cruisers over won't ultimately result in our benefits being lowered for cost reasons over time. 

Dang it all - you already have a successful cruise line in Royal.  Why can't Celebrity continue to be a step up and a quieter, more sophisticated (not stuffy) cruise line like it used to be??  Ok, I'm getting off topic of the status matching, but it is just one Royalization after another.  So frustrating for those of us who built the brand and have loved it and been loyal to it for years.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, Team Stag said:

Just returned from the Reflection. Retreat host ask for and scanned both our cards when we entered. Not sure if that’s new or not; but i don’t remember it in the past. 

We've never been asked for our cards.  We were asked for our stateroom number upon entering Michael's Club once, pre COVID.  

39 minutes ago, hokieparent said:

We are currently Emerald on Royal and will become Diamond in October. We will be cruising on Celebrity in January 2025.  I had previously read that a status match will only be done one time so we were waiting to match status on Celebrity after completing our Royal cruises this fall.  From what I have read on this thread, I can go ahead and have Celebrity match our current RCC status and our X status will automatically update when we reach Diamond.  Am I reading this correctly?  Thank you.

What ever you read was incorrect information, where did you read it ?

on some forum ? 
if you are Diamond on RCL , you are Elite on Celebrity, it is that simple 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Team Stag said:

I’ve never experienced that at any point on an E-Class ship. Maybe I just look trustworthy LOL. 

If you are in an upper suite or Zenith they will "know" who you are before embarkation.

Edited by billc23

We just got off Beyond and we were called 30days before cruise to ask if there is any special things we want. This is sent to retreat concierge. So they know who we are and have pictures at first check point out of terminal 25 or 18 and then in the lounge. We were on deck 7 regular veranda. 

10 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

on some forum ? 

This. I logged into my Royal account and I am listed as a Pinnacle. I logged into my Silversea account and I am listed as 500 days in the Venetian Society. Very simple indeed.

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

on some forum ? 

I believe it was this article, although it was a long time ago.  Status match  "In short, you are granted a status match that remains with you until you cruise enough to have points to move up to the next level.

2 hours ago, hokieparent said:

Perhaps you were reading some thing about status match on MSC?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Team Stag said:

Just returned from the Reflection. Retreat host ask for and scanned both our cards when we entered. Not sure if that’s new or not; but i don’t remember it in the past. 

I was on the Reflection in April and was never asked for my card in the lounge.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

When we were on the Edge on a B2B2B last fall Capt. Matt publicly stated twice at Zenith lunches that the number of Zeniths was nearly 900.  I am aware of at least ten folks who have turned Zenith since then.  And there are a surprising number of double Zeniths.

I am curious as to how much the Zenith pool has grown with this announcement.

I would venture a guess that it has increased to over 3000. 

We are Elite Plus on Celebrity.

Status match gives us 350 days on Silver Sea.

When I look at their loyalty program it says one gets a free 7 day cruise for that level.

So can we get our first cruise on Silver Sea gratis?  🤭

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, chamima said:

When I look at their loyalty program it says one gets a free 7 day cruise for that level.

You should read the "fine print" in the email from Captain's Club, which includes the following:

Since Loyalty Match members only receive the Member Level and not the VS Days, they are ineligible for the Venetian Society benefits listed below.

• “Sail with Us” referral prior to first Silversea voyage
• Complimentary cruises
• Milestone recognition

Edited by SFCAcruiser

5 hours ago, chamima said:

No

19 hours ago, karl_nj said:

It does specifically say "Status match members":

Status match members will only be permitted to access the Retreat Lounge when not staying in the Retreat based on availability and at the sole discretion of Celebrity Cruises

If I were zenith and they used their “sole discretion” and turned me away, it would not be pretty.

We are Elite + on X and Diamond on RC.

Our account on RC was automatically upgraded to Diamond + in the RC app.

Now with all the exceptions: what will be our advantage of being Diamond + instead of Diamond?

"Diamond Plus amenities" could mean everything .......

1 hour ago, keiki40 said:

Now with all the exceptions: what will be our advantage of being Diamond + instead of Diamond?

On the RC app you can look them up pretty easily.   Look for the “more details” button 

IMG_1366.jpeg

It literally means one specific thing.

Here are the C&A benefits: crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf (royalcaribbean.com)

"Personalized gift/amenity (per household)25"

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/cas-amenities-jan-2024-final.pdf

Basically, you don't get to pick a free bottle of wine for your cabin; what you can pick is based on the number of C&A points you have, and you would have 0 C&A points if you never sailed on them before and just used the status match.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Liao said:

If I were zenith and they used their “sole discretion” and turned me away, it would not be pretty.

Zenith by way of status match? I’d hate to be the person telling all of those VVIP’s no even though they knew access was restricted/no allowed from day 1.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/loyalty-status-match.pdf

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

10 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Perhaps you were reading some thing about status match on MSC?

This is from item 4 in the article I referenced in my earlier post (the MSC info is later in the post): "In short, you are granted a status match that remains with you until you cruise enough to have points to move up to the next level. Points are only earned on the cruise line being sailed.   You only earn points in each respective program when you sail with that cruise line.  Points can not be added or moved between programs. This means even though you get a status with Celebrity, your point total will still be zero.  So you'll need to cruise enough to move up to the next tier. There is no time limit of when you can status match. "