Where Should Celebrity Create New Routes & Sailings?

3 minutes ago, foodsvcmgr said:

Yes but the lady in the photo is 62 not 92

so they are projecting her as their outside max age range…..

And she has not been a model for over 40 years 🤣🤣🤣

We also prefer the longer cruises and have been disappointed to watch Celebrity chopping days off the southern Caribbean itineraries, which we feel is one area of the Caribbean that seems to be at least trying to hang on to a little of their native culture.  We are also disappointed that so many of the Celebrity cruises are becoming knock-off Royal Caribbean itineraries. We don't enjoy the private islands and their Disney-like feel. It's a shame how the individual cultures of the different countries are being erased and most of the port areas seem to be melding into generic caribbean-ish shopping malls. 

• Like 5

I would guess the model has a few more than 62 years on her odometer.  But if that is a smart phone in her hand that immediately turns back the hands of time by five years.

Celebrity may have overcompensated here in an attempt to increase the median age of their models.  She is also appearing on board on the front page of the Celebrity Today.

Sadly, all of the promotional emails I am receiving from Celebrity lately are starting to look the same — younger models on 3,4,5 night “getaways.”  Bahamas, Mexico, Caribbean.  Rinse and repeat.  

Celebrity could consider taking a few cues from other cruise lines.  Some of the emails I have recently received from competing cruise lines are far more finely-tuned, concise, non-repetitive, and destination-focused rather than lifestyle-focused.  These spark my interest to actually read them vs Celebrity’s repetitive barrage of multiple-per-day emails which I have tended to scroll on by.

Is anyone getting Silversea emails?  I signed up more than once over the years and get nothing.  The Celebrity and Royal emails keep coming, but I dare not unsubscribe for FOMO.  So, I will just keep scrolling.🙄

8 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

Is anyone getting Silversea emails?  I signed up more than once over the years and get nothing.  The Celebrity and Royal emails keep coming, but I dare not unsubscribe for FOMO.  So, I will just keep scrolling.🙄

I get Silversea emails, along with HAL, Viking, Oceania, X, Royal. 

Personally, I’m not swayed in any direction based on who is in their ad. If I like the product from my experiences and the price is acceptable, I’ll book, regardless of who is on an ad .

mac_tlc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Vagabond Knight said:

We also prefer the longer cruises and have been disappointed to watch Celebrity chopping days off the southern Caribbean itineraries, which we feel is one area of the Caribbean that seems to be at least trying to hang on to a little of their native culture.  We are also disappointed that so many of the Celebrity cruises are becoming knock-off Royal Caribbean itineraries. We don't enjoy the private islands and their Disney-like feel. It's a shame how the individual cultures of the different countries are being erased and most of the port areas seem to be melding into generic caribbean-ish shopping malls. 

almost by definition any island that can handle multiple 3000 pax ships are erased for culture (looking at you St Martin).

Cruises have gone from visiting islands and cultures to floating hotels where 1/3 of the pax never get off the ship. It almost doesn't matter where you go if you stay on the ship. Cruise lines are just reacting to that market trend. 

I don’t, was just saying that she was a token to show a senior on the younger side, clearly they don’t wish to put geriatrics in ads regardless of whom you might actually encounter onboard.

Back to the topic 😁

I would like to see a circle Australia cruise broken up into two parts.  If the cruises are broken up into 14 day cruises that enables non retired cruisers to take them in sections.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

I explain it by calling it pandering as they have been accused many times by their very loyal cruisers for targeting the younger crowd, and many have talked about trying other brands because of it - and have done so.  Nothing they have changed in recent times have been to attract an older crowd.  

Not correct. They aren't going to do anything on this board to appease everyone (or anyone?) Too young, too old. The entire brand campaign and focus was revamped in April. 

11 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

I would guess the model has a few more than 62 years on her odometer.  But if that is a smart phone in her hand that immediately turns back the hands of time by five years.

Celebrity may have overcompensated here in an attempt to increase the median age of their models.  She is also appearing on board on the front page of the Celebrity Today.

15 hours ago, foodsvcmgr said:

Yes but the lady in the photo is 62 not 92

so they are projecting her as their outside max age range…..

Not that it matters but the lady is 67 and quite an accomplished photographer herself. There is no 'max age range'.

Edited by Jeremiah1212

And I still believe that we will see in the coming years more and more blending of Royal & Celebrity until it's winds up one line "Royal Celebrity"  or some other name.  Everything they are doing point in that direction......... including the latest "loyalty" match...... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Not correct. They aren't going to do anything on this board to appease everyone (or anyone?) Too young, too old. The entire brand campaign and focus was revamped in April. 

Not that it matters but the lady is 67 and quite an accomplished photographer herself. There is no 'max age range'.

We can agree to disagree.  I definitely think they are trying to overcome their accusations of pushing out all of us very loyal (and mostly older) customers.  They have had a lot of complaining, not just on these boards, but on other sites like Facebook, in onboard conversations with management, with letters and emails to the CEO from people (particularly but not exclusively Zeniths and Elite Plus cruisers).  As a Zenith (and I only note this as it is pertinent to my point) I have seen, heard, and heard of many conversations going on of that type with ship's senior officers.  They are trying to throw us a bone so to speak with this and a few other minor changes meant to pacify our frustration.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

We can agree to disagree.  I definitely think they are trying to overcome their accusations of pushing out all of us very loyal (and mostly older) customers.  They have had a lot of complaining, not just on these boards, but on other sites like Facebook, in onboard conversations with management, with letters and emails to the CEO from people (particularly but not exclusively Zeniths and Elite Plus cruisers).  As a Zenith (and I only note this as it is pertinent to my point) I have seen, heard, and heard of many conversations going on of that type with ship's senior officers.  They are trying to throw us a bone so to speak with this and a few other minor changes meant to pacify our frustration.

If they want to change that perception,  then they will offer more exciting and longer itineraries ...

The short trips to Perfect Day convinced me otherwise.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gracie115 said:

And I still believe that we will see in the coming years more and more blending of Royal & Celebrity until it's winds up one line "Royal Celebrity"  or some other name.  Everything they are doing point in that direction......... including the latest "loyalty" match...... 

how much of a difference is there between Princess , HAL and P&O 🤔

It will like GM with there 5 brands , even a Caddy was just a Chevy with lipstick on it 🤣

It think cruises , out side of the Caribbean,( never done a Caribbean cruise ) there are differences between Celebrity &RCL 

4 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

how much of a difference is there between Princess , HAL and P&O 🤔

It will like GM with there 5 brands , even a Caddy was just a Chevy with lipstick on it 🤣

It think cruises , out side of the Caribbean,( never done a Caribbean cruise ) there are differences between Celebrity &RCL 

We have cruised extensively on Celebrity, Princess and HAL, and there are definitely differences between the 3 cruise lines, besides in their cruise fares and associated booking perks. But I will say Princess and HAL also put a lot of thought into creating their 3-5 week itineraries, whereas Celebrity usually offers the more common ones. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 6/6/2024 at 7:02 PM, mac_tlc said:

Like this one from Viking? My #1 bucket list cruise to do. 36 days, Amsterdam to NY. 

Fav Viking Itinerary.webp

VO has a variation on this where you can swap the final 7 days from Bergen to Amsterdam  for 14 days around the British Isles ending in London.  Brings total to 43 blissful days.

Edited by Baron Barracuda
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

What about regular Greenland / Iceland from Cape Liberty?  Summit was stationed there for years doing 7 nights Bermuda in the summer and 14 nights r/t Quebec in fall.  Pricing was always firm.  Now schedule has only 12 sailings total from NJ.

Edited by Baron Barracuda
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We have cruised extensively on Celebrity, Princess and HAL, and there are definitely differences between the 3 cruise lines, besides in their cruise fares and associated booking perks. But I will say Princess and HAL also put a lot of thought into creating their 3-5 week itineraries, whereas Celebrity usually offers the more common ones. 

Princess & HAL both have so many more interesting itineraries than Celebrity.  The difference in what is offered is becoming more and more obvious as Celebrity continues to offer more & more of the same and more & more 3-4 night trips which is nearly impossible, if not impossible to find on either Princess or HAL.  We like Princess ships more than HAL at this point.  But both lines excel at itineraries.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

35 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Princess & HAL both have so many more interesting itineraries than Celebrity.  The difference in what is offered is becoming more and more obvious as Celebrity continues to offer more & more of the same and more & more 3-4 night trips which is nearly impossible, if not impossible to find on either Princess or HAL.  We like Princess ships more than HAL at this point.  But both lines excel at itineraries.

We know X thinks a 15 cruise is way to long for anyone to cruise on , and everyone should book 3 day cruises b2b2b 🙄🤣

What are the main difference between Princess and HAL when sail in a balcony ? 

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer

2 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Times change. Sooner than later the current loyalists, Zeniths, special people, whatever they title themselves will be washed out and replaced with a different segment of people. Just like the current crop replaced the ones that were the loyalists in the 80’s and 90’s who wore their dinner jackets and recycled mother of the bride dresses. That group has expired and so will this one. But now Celebrity tries to shift focus and gives the complainers some white haired people in the photos that represent them and it’s pandering. I think this group may be most content with having something to complain about. 

• Like 1