Holland America’s Got Talent

In my NCL days they had a talent show but it did require auditions.  We were lucky to have some extraordinary talents sailing with us a couple of times.  

• Like 1

I am probably the odd duck out here but I think this would be fun but there would need to be auditions before they actually performed to the passengers. I think one might be surprised at how talents some of our fellow cruisers are.

Oddly I think HAL did this years ago I am thinking 2005 era. Or maybe I am thinking of NCL I remember going twice in once cruise in the Main Show Room to watch in the afternoon and the last Sea day evening was a show. But it was also in the days of their being a lot more people working with the Cruise Director/ Entertainment Staff.

I want to say the Judges were some of the ships current entertainment people and even  an Officer or two.

Carnival had a Guest Entertainment Show years ago where the Guests would be different Entertainers such as Elton John, etc.   Since Jamie Dee, formerly a CD for Carnival, is now with HAL's Entertainment Department maybe the plan is to bring some Carnival over to HAL.  

38 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

I am probably the odd duck out here but I think this would be fun but there would need to be auditions before they actually performed to the passengers. I think one might be surprised at how talents some of our fellow cruisers are.

Oddly I think HAL did this years ago I am thinking 2005 era. Or maybe I am thinking of NCL I remember going twice in once cruise in the Main Show Room to watch in the afternoon and the last Sea day evening was a show. But it was also in the days of their being a lot more people working with the Cruise Director/ Entertainment Staff.

I want to say the Judges were some of the ships current entertainment people and even  an Officer or two.

NCL had voting by applause but indeed the staff had to do the auditions.  Everyone who ultimately performed was at least very good. 

• Like 1

Definitely NO for me - same as any karoake suggestion. NO NO NO! I'm not cruising for amateur hour as the alleged entertainment.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Holland did it this year on the world cruise, but it was not a contest 

The crew also preformed. And that was a contest.

Thought they did it in 2018 also, maybe not a contest but I recall passengers doing a show. 

5 minutes ago, bluesplayer said:

Bring back the crew show.

They had a crew show on the legendary voyage to Tahiti this year.  It was wonderful.  I think it would be difficult to stage those on voyages of less than 2 weeks. 

• Thanks 1

Based on what we have been seeing on HAL ships during the last few years, I would say that HAL is the cruise industry leader in conducting "blind auditions"  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3