The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday July 10th, 2024

Posted (edited)

Happy Tuesday.  It's still cloudy here, no rain yesterday or today.  There may be some tomorrow.  We're going to a ball game Friday, so hoping there is none then.  Haven't been to the port, I'm not a pickle fan, the drink sounds interesting.  Not sure about the poetry! 😁  Looks like Denali NP is opening again today, that's great news!  We did go to the concert last night...the music was too loud and not our "style."  We left after an hour or so.  The group next week is one of our favorites, cant wait!  

@kazuyou sure have some busy times ahead, but won't it be great when it's all done.  After watching our neighbors move, it's motivated us to start some downsizing now.  They had a few showings before it was officially listed, no interest.  The price was lowered and it sold for 30K over the new asking price - the price they originally had chosen.   They had 1 open house and got several offers that day.  They didn't do any staging-just showed it the way it was. 

@smitty34877Hoping all goes well for Tana....

@Mr. BostonHope all goes well with unpacking! 

Have a great day!  Can anyone help me figure out how to post pictures with spaces between them, and how to add text with the pictures?  Is there somewhere on CC that gives directions, I've looked?  Thanks!

karen

Edited by quilty964
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Today's sunrise is from 3 years ago.  It's from the Port of Nassau Webcam as Crystal Serenity waits for new passengers there on July 10, 2021.

dawn0710nassau.JPG.da9eece8ee019ceab50de

Roy

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

On October 23, 2002, the Volendam visited Sihanoukville as part of the Asia Pacific Explorer Cruise (APEC).  That day we took a long tour to the capitol, Phnom Penh.  It is about an 4 1/2 hour drive between the two cities.

Our arrival in Sihanoukville with the sun rising and peeking out of an heavy cloud cover.  The buses were lined up on the dock as we approached the dock.

IMG_1656.thumb.JPG.b2825141dc5f48188288225a97e867fb.JPG

IMG_1658.thumb.JPG.c84eac39b0c8815b8349ce199eb6c49d.JPG

The rest area where we stopped to break up the journey both ways

IMG_1659.thumb.JPG.44ddab5944a3be9d3b550633e832f2d5.JPG

After that long drive, our first stop was a very nice hotel for lunch.  The pool area and a shrine in the gardens of the hotel

IMG_1663.thumb.JPG.38223c2a75ec52e1fbc21198d8130dd8.JPG

IMG_1666.thumb.JPG.e90a361ad23069eddf622aafde2220ab.JPG

Phnom Penh from the top of the hotel

IMG_1662.thumb.JPG.fd3c6823598708b0f0f74cf7de278922.JPG

The street outside the hotel, which you can get a glimpse of on the left side of the picture.

IMG_1668.thumb.JPG.b66b5cb32aa891e7f5a2374f4d5b43dc.JPG

The next stop was the Royal Palace of Cambodia.  We noticed two billboards on the drive to the palace that were advertising two upcoming international events, which referred to Cambodia as the Kingdom of Cambodia.

IMG_1676.thumb.JPG.2470f90b4fd65addfa5018251b0f7e7e.JPG

IMG_1678.thumb.JPG.66bdd0dd7921bb649a831c621ba6222a.JPG

IMG_1680.thumb.JPG.a1211e3beea71f21f5fa87530bf2cd71.JPG

IMG_1685.thumb.JPG.c7df72f45f4b1797787d06efb33dba8c.JPG

The grounds were well kept and lovely, but up close some of the buildings showed wear and tear.  This picture is an example of what time and weather can do.

IMG_1691.thumb.JPG.58189fdefda4cb70d0dbbad36fbb936c.JPG

More of the palace buildings and grounds

IMG_1697.thumb.JPG.2878dc13a7b5be7c77b513d1c972ea1e.JPG

IMG_1698.thumb.JPG.b8befbfea934cb0870f1654fae6e2f84.JPG

This statue was outside the palace grounds

IMG_1706.thumb.JPG.04e0b89c226181068a50d4f1376aea2d.JPG

These final pictures were taken from the bus as we started our return journey to Sihanoukville.

IMG_1707.thumb.JPG.99e91a1d012f48ba1d76be969651aa19.JPG

IMG_1711.thumb.JPG.2cdcae0b59a38170af70f66474aa0f74.JPG

A local gas station

IMG_1710.thumb.JPG.f48d4a2c30219eea84c72b459c3e2ac4.JPG

We saw shrines along the drive though Phnom Penh, and these are just two of them.

IMG_1712.thumb.JPG.c7ff1765031ee2f5e77d7f518a237a0d.JPG

IMG_1714.thumb.JPG.5e9c2999aeb6dba6f7a64fb3922c94aa.JPG

Lenda

• Like 20
  • Thanks 9

2 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

On October 23, 2002, the Volendam visited Sihanoukville as part of the Asia Pacific Explorer Cruise (APEC).  That day we took a long tour to the capitol, Phnom Penh.  It is about an 4 1/2 hour drive between the two cities.

Our arrival in Sihanoukville with the sun rising and peeking out of an heavy cloud cover.  The buses were lined up on the dock as we approached the dock.

IMG_1656.thumb.JPG.b2825141dc5f48188288225a97e867fb.JPG

IMG_1658.thumb.JPG.c84eac39b0c8815b8349ce199eb6c49d.JPG

The rest area where we stopped to break up the journey both ways

IMG_1659.thumb.JPG.44ddab5944a3be9d3b550633e832f2d5.JPG

After that long drive, our first stop was a very nice hotel for lunch.  The pool area and a shrine in the gardens of the hotel

IMG_1663.thumb.JPG.38223c2a75ec52e1fbc21198d8130dd8.JPG

IMG_1666.thumb.JPG.e90a361ad23069eddf622aafde2220ab.JPG

Phnom Penh from the top of the hotel

IMG_1662.thumb.JPG.fd3c6823598708b0f0f74cf7de278922.JPG

The street outside the hotel, which you can get a glimpse of on the left side of the picture.

IMG_1668.thumb.JPG.b66b5cb32aa891e7f5a2374f4d5b43dc.JPG

The next stop was the Royal Palace of Cambodia.  We noticed two billboards on the drive to the palace that were advertising two upcoming international events, which referred to Cambodia as the Kingdom of Cambodia.

IMG_1676.thumb.JPG.2470f90b4fd65addfa5018251b0f7e7e.JPG

IMG_1678.thumb.JPG.66bdd0dd7921bb649a831c621ba6222a.JPG

IMG_1680.thumb.JPG.a1211e3beea71f21f5fa87530bf2cd71.JPG

IMG_1685.thumb.JPG.c7df72f45f4b1797787d06efb33dba8c.JPG

The grounds were well kept and lovely, but up close some of the buildings showed wear and tear.  This picture is an example of what time and weather can do.

IMG_1691.thumb.JPG.58189fdefda4cb70d0dbbad36fbb936c.JPG

More of the palace buildings and grounds

IMG_1697.thumb.JPG.2878dc13a7b5be7c77b513d1c972ea1e.JPG

IMG_1698.thumb.JPG.b8befbfea934cb0870f1654fae6e2f84.JPG

This statue was outside the palace grounds

IMG_1706.thumb.JPG.04e0b89c226181068a50d4f1376aea2d.JPG

These final pictures were taken from the bus as we started our return journey to Sihanoukville.

IMG_1707.thumb.JPG.99e91a1d012f48ba1d76be969651aa19.JPG

IMG_1711.thumb.JPG.2cdcae0b59a38170af70f66474aa0f74.JPG

A local gas station

IMG_1710.thumb.JPG.f48d4a2c30219eea84c72b459c3e2ac4.JPG

We saw shrines along the drive though Phnom Penh, and these are just two of them.

IMG_1712.thumb.JPG.c7ff1765031ee2f5e77d7f518a237a0d.JPG

IMG_1714.thumb.JPG.5e9c2999aeb6dba6f7a64fb3922c94aa.JPG

Lenda

Nice photos Lenda.

Thank you for sharing them.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, quilty964 said:

Happy Tuesday.  It's still cloudy here, no rain yesterday or today.  There may be some tomorrow.  We're going to a ball game Friday, so hoping there is none then.  Haven't been to the port, I'm not a pickle fan, the drink sounds interesting.  Not sure about the poetry! 😁  Looks like Denali NP is opening again today, that's great news!  We did go to the concert last night...the music was too loud and not our "style."  We left after an hour or so.  The group next week is one of our favorites, cant wait!  

@kazuyou sure have some busy times ahead, but won't it be great when it's all done.  After watching our neighbors move, it's motivated us to start some downsizing now.  They had a few showings before it was officially listed, no interest.  The price was lowered and it sold for 30K over the new asking price - the price they originally had chosen.   They had 1 open house and got several offers that day.  They didn't do any staging-just showed it the way it was. 

@smitty34877Hoping all goes well for Tana....

@Mr. BostonHope all goes well with unpacking! 

Have a great day!  Can anyone help me figure out how to post pictures with spaces between them, and how to add text with the pictures?  Is there somewhere on CC that gives directions, I've looked?  Thanks!

karen

Karen, the way I put space between the pictures and add information about the pictures is easy if you do it when you first start posting pictures.  I don't attempt it when reposting pictures without spaces between them.  When I'm ready to add a picture to a post, I put a space (blank line) after the previous picture, then I add the picture.  If I want to say something about a picture, I type my comment, then add the picture just under the comment.  I hope it helps.

Lenda

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Still hot in north NJ but supposed to be down 3 degrees F from yesterday, not much different. I think the heat wave is just spreading out into just July temps. 

Sorry @kazu Jacqui that it’s all coming at once but the best is your leg surgery date! And Ivan. The rest will happen, you’ll get the help you need, and the realtor will guide the house sale through, ready or not. When we bought our Maryland condo we bid above asking price; realtor suggested an escalating bid to offer $1200 above other bids up to a cap.  Worked well for us. Upon selling it last year we priced at $5k below realtor’s suggestion and had an offer right away. Very glad to move forward quickly because we only had 60 days between reserving our selected unit in our independent living community and “taking possession” which means starting to pay the rather steep monthly fees. We were glad we had done the major downsizing coming from NM to Maryland but it’s still hard. We had help from the new community “move in coordinator” and the grandkids came down one weekend, plus we hired packers. So glad we did it while we could!  It’s amazing how much energy we had been putting into keeping up the NM house! 

Started looking at cruises again for my 70th this fall but nothing is clicking. Asked myself what I’d really enjoy, and the things that came to mind are kayaking and seeing the stars like we used to!  I’m looking at cabin rentals in upstate NY. Had thought about Cape Cod and Niagara Falls but I really don’t want to deal with any crowds. We’ll see where these ideas go.  

I noted Susan’s @durangoscots mention of COVID…. I have a BFF whose kids have it now, brought it home from travels. Didn’t wear masks on planes.  And BFF will be heading to Scandinavia in less than two weeks, hoping she doesn’t pick it up from them before she goes.  Our grandson-in-law lost a friend in March who brought it home from travels- he thought he had a cold, it got worse, then was hospitalized too late and died at 49. We still all need to be mindful of it!  

Blessings for all our ills, procedures, consults, decisions and angst…and for all those traveling… for our country, your country and the war zones…and all the weather impacts and those going to help…. for each of us and all our loved ones to be well and safe, grateful for today!  Thanks, Rich, Vanessa, Dixie, Ann, Tina, Graham and all for being here! 
Maureen

• Like 27
  • Thanks 4

Good morning,

It will be another sunny day. After what seemed like weeks of rain we have moved into summer. I will have to turn in my sprinklers again. 

I did a crazy thing over the weekend. I will blame it on the excitement of my DGD 4th birthday. I booked us all on the Icon of the Seas. It is Royal Caribbeans largest ship. I am doing an early 70th birthday celebration since my birthday falls smack dab in the middle of hurricane season. It is expensive but still less than a Disney cruise and looks family friendly. I have been on the Oasis class ships and liked it so the size does not bother me. I hope it will be fun for the kids. I will wait to cancel my October 2025 Mediterranean cruise until closer to the time. There might be a slim chance I will do both cruises. 

Jacqui, I know what you are going through. It was hard going through DH things but I kept telling myself they were just things and his memories will always be with me. I was lucky that the buyer wanted most of the furniture I was not taking as they were big pieces I bought specifically to fit in the house. I worked an hour at a time alternating doing other things not to overwhelm myself at any one time. My prayers are with you making these difficult decisions. 

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

I also remembered what a Clerihew is although I've never written one, and I endorse not stepping on a bee. 

I don't really like the idea of a pasta salad today, and I think that it might be dangerous to drink a Flatliner. There are also many cocktails called Defibrillator, most containing espresso or cold-brewed coffee. One Irish version adds Guinness and Jameson's whiskey to it. For the wine,
Goose Watch 2022 Viognier, $19.99. "Known for its lush tropical passionfruit and peach aromas, Viognier is a rare find in the Finger Lakes region. Our cool climate slowly ripens the fruit producing intense varietal aromas and flavors in this medium-bodied, dry white wine."

The events yesterday left me exhausted. It was like a steam bath, only not voluntary, but the officiating rabbi, who has known the couple for 45 years (his first job after seminary was here), did an outstanding job. I did OK with leading the prayer service in the evening at the couple's home, a new condo with AC; two more to go.

I went to bed early and thus woke up early, really just wanting to go back to sleep, but I couldn't. The rain has been postponed until noon and is no longer expected to persist into tomorrow, but it was too humid this morning to consider any outdoor work.

canismajor.jpg.426fef9ead30d955944b584e5000b89a.jpg

• Like 28
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Good morning to all.

Thank you to Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie and Ann.

Today I learned about a Clerihew, not that I will be able to write one.  

i like Redneck Bob’s version.

I will skip the drink or for sure I will be flatlined!

i will also skip the meal and wine.

As an update on what I accomplished yesterday—

1) The HVAC people were here.  There is no problem with that, so that is not the source of the water leak.  He thinks I need a plumber.  i have not called one yet.

2) I called the clock company.  They will will be here at 12 noon.

3) I got a callback from the nurse at the Mayo Clinic Ortho Dept.  I have a virtual visit set up with my Doctor for next Wednesday.  So happy i do not have to make a trip to JAX.  

4) The new surge protector is working fine.

Now I will address some of your comments.

1). Sandi @StLouisCruisers i hope your twin gets relief from her pain with her surgery.  I am beginning to think i am on the same path.  Prayers for her.  We will see what my Doc says next week.

2) Maureen @RMLincoln I hear you.  I understand what you are saying.  I think we waited too long. You and your DH are in your 70s. My DH is a lot older and while i am younger, it is all falling on me and I just cannot do this alone.  I do not think he can handle a move at this point in his life.  I am prepared to have people come into the house to help us and we have the means to do so.  We did not move earlier because of his brother, who was involved in a program for disabled adults with cognitive disabilities.  Since we were involved in settling the estate and then a flood, moving was not an option.  Now it seems to be too late.  I appreciate your advice.

Thank you all for your concern and prayers.

Prayers for everyone

We will continue on the best we can.

God Bless,

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 31
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

Still hot in north NJ but supposed to be down 3 degrees F from yesterday, not much different. I think the heat wave is just spreading out into just July temps. 

Sorry @kazu Jacqui that it’s all coming at once but the best is your leg surgery date! And Ivan. The rest will happen, you’ll get the help you need, and the realtor will guide the house sale through, ready or not. When we bought our Maryland condo we bid above asking price; realtor suggested an escalating bid to offer $1200 above other bids up to a cap.  Worked well for us. Upon selling it last year we priced at $5k below realtor’s suggestion and had an offer right away. Very glad to move forward quickly because we only had 60 days between reserving our selected unit in our independent living community and “taking possession” which means starting to pay the rather steep monthly fees. We were glad we had done the major downsizing coming from NM to Maryland but it’s still hard. We had help from the new community “move in coordinator” and the grandkids came down one weekend, plus we hired packers. So glad we did it while we could!  It’s amazing how much energy we had been putting into keeping up the NM house! 

Started looking at cruises again for my 70th this fall but nothing is clicking. Asked myself what I’d really enjoy, and the things that came to mind are kayaking and seeing the stars like we used to!  I’m looking at cabin rentals in upstate NY. Had thought about Cape Cod and Niagara Falls but I really don’t want to deal with any crowds. We’ll see where these ideas go.  

I noted Susan’s @durangoscots mention of COVID…. I have a BFF whose kids have it now, brought it home from travels. Didn’t wear masks on planes.  And BFF will be heading to Scandinavia in less than two weeks, hoping she doesn’t pick it up from them before she goes.  Our grandson-in-law lost a friend in March who brought it home from travels- he thought he had a cold, it got worse, then was hospitalized too late and died at 49. We still all need to be mindful of it!  

Blessings for all our ills, procedures, consults, decisions and angst…and for all those traveling… for our country, your country and the war zones…and all the weather impacts and those going to help…. for each of us and all our loved ones to be well and safe, grateful for today!  Thanks, Rich, Vanessa, Dixie, Ann, Tina, Graham and all for being here! 
Maureen

I'm so sorry to hear your grandson in law's friend died aged 49 Maureen.

Pauline and I had COVID in May and it was nasty.

Best wishes for finding a perfect holiday for your 70th.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Sorry I missed some other things I wanted to mention

@smitty34877 prayers for you and Tana—as always.  You don’t know how much i admire your resiliency.

@kazu Prayers that the surgery goes well and that the house sells quickly and the move is seamless.

Terri

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and Happy Wednesday. I’ve lost track of the high temp from yesterday but I think it was 109. Today it’s supposed to be 107. We were surprised last night when a monsoon rolled in and couldn’t swim. Maybe today. 

@quilty964, just to add to Lenda’s advice. I usually add pictures individually and that makes it easier to add spaces and comments. Sounds rudimentary but a tip is to always look where your cursor is and move it to where you need the spaces. I also have problems if I start off with only a picture (especially on my phone). 

I never understood poetry but think I could with Tina’s @0106 help. I liked yours Annie @marshhawk

I would definitely try the drink with Debbie @dfish and Gerry @ger_77 !  I would like the pickle pasta but would use pickle relish instead. I use it in my potato salad too. I would also like to try the wine. 

I got a nice surprise yesterday and saw that my AARP OBC had been applied to my August B2B cruises. I was worried it was too late to add it. 44 days and 6 weeks to go!!

Jacqui @kazu, I’m glad you have your surgery date even though it’s close to Ivan’s. Just think, it will be all over soon and you can begin your new adventure. 

Terri @smitty34877, I don’t know how you hold it all together. I would also have a hard time not voicing my opinions. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 4

ScreenShot2024-07-10at07_57_06.thumb.png.3398a86591723b0c8b095737d2aa0df6.png

Thanks for the daily and fleet report.  I cannot write any kind of poems, the entire world needs to start being more energy independent and I don't step on any kind of little creature, especially bees.  I agree with the quote, therefore I try to cram in as much adventure as I can. As I love dill pickles (I will admit I drink the juice and have it in my frig), the meal sounds wonderful.  No to the drink and wine; I have been to Cambodia (Siem Reap) but not the port. Love the day in history as it was historic!

Today should be the last day of our excessive heat warning.  Yesterday, the airport recorded a high of 111F and it is already 91F at 0830.  I received 3 calls yesterday for research studies - one I did not qualify for (no high blood pressure), one I may get into but one of my qualifying questions was already over the quota so she will try to see if they will accept me, and the third I wasn't interested in.  We will see.

I am a pretty active person and I have been bored out of my skull lately.  So yesterday, I finally broke down and bought a sander.  I have decided to use my HAL tiles to redo the top of my hutch as it needed to be refinished (I had bought it in Dubai).  I will have some extra space so I have to go get some tiles that will fill in the space.  I am 🤞 that it all works out well.

@kazu Sorry you have so much on your plate but at least you do have a timeline and things are not so much up in the air.  Thoughts and hugs to you!

@RedneckBob I was waiting with bated breath for your poem and you did not disappoint!  Congrats on the weight loss!

@smitty34877 I know it is a hard decision for people in recovery to avail themselves of something they have tried so hard to avoid.  I applaud the decision.  I had an uncle who had pancreatic cancer and wouldn't use narcotics because he "didn't want to get addicted".  He was miserable and in pain for so long.

@Vict0riann Thoughts as you get ready to start radiation.

Oh, my!  CC decided to have a server problem!  Thank goodness it kept my post.  Anyway, who knows what I forgot but thoughts for all and cheers to those celebrating.  Have a great day!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning friends. A little later start this morning and currently watching radar as to when I may get a walk in. The pedicures were great. Today will schedule a haircut then I should be good to go.

Upon our return from St. George I will be busy with medical appointments before flying to Pennsylvania to visit son and family around the first of August. End of August a trip to East Jordan, Michigan to Susan’s sister’s. Then in September off to Kauai for three weeks at our time share on Poipu Beach. After that we will be home for a while as it appears Susan will have a knee replacement in October. Busy but mostly enjoyable times.

@RedneckBobCongratulations on your weight loss. It definitely is not an easy nor enjoyable accomplishment.

Looks like a small window of opportunity for getting a walk in. Have a great day and thanks for all of your daily postings. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.8782baaba64b539ea07ce73379a9dec7.jpeg

Back from mall. You’re right about the weight loss. I was on these pills for 90 days that were horrible but it got the job done! In fact, last month I told my doctor that I could now see body parts I haven’t seen in years! 😀😳

• Like 9
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

We spent an interesting day here. I have been in recovery a long time and so has Tana. Of course, she has not been able to physically attend AA meetings but still keeps in touch with her sponsor. She only occasionally is able to get out of bed to the WC these days and any activity induces more respiratory difficulties. She always makes an effort to do more but physically she is requiring our help for transfers, etc. Her sponsor is well meaning but rather rigid in her thinking. Tana opted to try the edibles at the lowest dose.Frankly, she is at the stage in her struggle where one should not worry about  doing this but I kept my opinions to myself. The local dispensary was a hoot for this old lady who grew up in the late sixties. There were more older people there but considering it was noon on a Tuesday….I hope it helps. 
I often find one of the hardest things in life is to keep my mouth shut when necessary and was proud of myself. I only chimed in when my opinions were sought.

Terry, the decision Tana was faced with is one of the most difficult.  When my mom came home on hospice the mantra was, comfort first.  She had been in recovery for over 30 years.  The hospice social worker was very good in explaining to my mom what the protocols were and how that meshed with her recovery status.  Given that her time was so limited, it was more important that she be comfortable and not spend that limited time suffering.  Tana is in good hands with you!  

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from another sunny day in central Texas.  It is 77F and feels like 77F with no wind.  The humidity is 88% with a dew point of 73F.  The predicted high is 95F, but I think we'll be warmer than that, especially since we were warmer yesterday than the predicted high.  Not much on the agenda today except staying cool this afternoon.

Clerihew Day and the Clerihew poetry was new to me, and I'll not attempt to write a poem.  I hope I don't step on a bee, and I've only been stung once.  I did step on a yellow jacket once and when he stung me, I moved my feet, and he stung the other foot.  Energy independence is probably not 100% achievable, but using alternative energy sources is good since fossil fuel supplies are limited.

I don't like or agree with the Abraham Cahan quote in general.  Sadly life is too short for some people.

We'll pass on the meal and the drink.  It looks like we'll be passing on the wine since it's hard to find.

We were in Sihanoukville in 2002 on the Volendam 64-day APEC cruise.

Good for the Episcopal Church approving a rite to bless gay marriages in 2012.  They were also the first church to have an openly gay bishop.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I hope Ren and the team do well in the tournament in Mexico city.  I'm sorry your twin will have to have shoulder replacement surgery sooner than expected.  I hope the weather improves and you can go ashore today in Nuuk.

@grapau27  Graham, thanks for the information on Clerihew Day.

@ottahand7  Nancy, I'm glad the fish are beginning to bite.  I hope you catch some big ones soon.

@RedneckBob  RMB, congratulations on the weight loss.  That's a hard thing to do, and I hope keeping it off is not too hard.  Loved the poem.

@marshhawk  Annie, good luck with the kittens at the vet.  I hope the tree doesn't cause any more problems.  Loved your Clerihew poem.

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope the couple next week loves your house and makes a great offer.  Glad you have a surgery date, and I hope it and Ivan's surgery both go well.  I don't think the realtors here use the lower asking price to start a bidding war strategy here.  The houses in our community seem over priced to us.  One house, despite lowering the price, has been on the market for more than a year.

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm glad Tana decided to try the edibles.  I agree with your thoughts about what will work at this stage for her.

449690707_1036463408480727_6579710883711350519_n.jpg.82144b262a7cc6af5ca2ef85e17db39d.jpg

449832235_18442197385016964_5308367690209828726_n.jpg.6543294b718ac250c140c9f36fda818a.jpg

450093785_122172527060088946_5654345922653715789_n.jpg.57ed3147de7552d31ef1bc0d267ceb86.jpg

450300986_384196504768786_5376793715124586177_n.jpg.7cbb5d9484fe531b6731754dfaa533e5.jpg

450313091_877205874444135_5281755747339607883_n.jpg.a8f8ae2a7407aced7836686ef49bb756.jpg

450342253_122186986040032823_4559723784197875019_n.jpg.7fb6a9b1002b7f25fb291e43bb6dc932.jpg

Lenda

Thanks Ms Crystal! Hasn’t been hard to keep it off; so far. It’s easy when you give up fried foods, sweets of all kinds, chips & dip, and a RC cola with a moonpie!

• Like 16

Good morning all!

We're looking forward to a cooling trend.  After hitting the mid 90's yesterday, it should be 10 degrees cooler today.  Still no rain in the foreseeable future.  

Interesting collection of days.  As a child I was barefoot all the time and I remember stepping on a bee and getting stung.  As an adult I was diagnosed with being allergic to all bee stings so I'm more careful now!

I'm going to pass on the meal (dill 🤢), but both the drink and wine sound great.  Have never been to Cambodia, thanks for all photos!

Today I desperately need to get my hair cut, not much else on the agenda.

Jacqui @kazu When it rains it pours!  Sending hugs, it's good to have a timeline now.  Sounds like your realtor has good advice.

Susan @durangoscots What cruises are you looking at may I ask?  😄

I'm waiting to see if my Nephrologist writes a medical excuse from jury duty before I send in the one I have from my PCP.  I know 1 would be sufficient, but best to hit with all I've got. 😉  

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, Dailyites!  Wow, a busy day for all today - and even for me, I have to go and buy ice.  Why?  Because the fridge died yesterday.  It seemed fine when I got up and I went to the grocery store and bought quite a lot, came home, and it was dead.  Panic.  The freezer was full, DD's fridge downstairs was pretty full, I had to start squeezing stuff wherever I could.  Pat called for a serviceman and he came at noon, said we needed a new "mother board"  - I don't know when it will arrive.,  In the meantime, we have cleaned out the fridge freezer, there is a soggy bag of ice keeping a few things cool in the fridge part, and there is a cooler with ice trying to keep some of the frozen food frozen.  I did throw away some older things, and probably will have to discard more in the next few days, if t doesn't get revived quickly.  Evidently the nextdoor neighbours have been visited by the appliance gremlin too, as they had a new fridge delivered yesterday.

I am aching too, I made three batches of jam the day before yesterday, and a large batch of jelly yesterday.  I think my jam-making days have come to an end!  My father was the poet in our family, he would have had fun writing Clerihews.  I will try to think one up, in his honour.  

George Clifford Large - 

Spent most of his life on a barge

But when he retired he went

To Victoria and lived in a tent

(All a lie, of course, but I couldn't find anything else that rhymed with Large_)

We went to Sihanoukville in 2014 on our Asia cruise on Violendam, which DD Cathy, organized for us.  I'll put Pat's notes here and a few pictures.  "We (A, P and C only) took a ship's tour - Town & Village Exploration (Sihanoukville, Cambodia). We left on time at 8.30 am and our first stop was at a privately-owned 5 ha. Pepper Farm.   Besides pepper trees there were a number of different fruit trees growing on the farm, e.g., durian, mango, rambutan, rose apple, tamarind and papaya. After leaving the pepper farm we had a pit stop at a new gas station. We then visited a market - mainly food stuffs. While there, our guide bought some durian and we each sampled the fruit. When we boarded the bus again he produced some more durian for sampling. The smell stank the bus up for a couple of hours. We drove into Kampot, the capital town of Kampot Province, and walked along the river front. We then retraced part of our journey and stopped for lunch at a seafood restaurant. It was quite good. We then stopped at a fishing village for photos. Our next stop was at a complex of pagodas and a Buddhist school."

On the road and at the pe[p[er farm

P1050150.thumb.JPG.298a2b23cb931b78f922518ceeb35db1.JPG

P1060045.thumb.JPG.f6afe38be150146442e6c5291ca01007.JPG

P1060046.thumb.JPG.a9ac033c4ee1dbfdbcb082e4d436e1a5.JPG

P1050168.thumb.JPG.85588ca3f7b1bf1846d27700488056ff.JPG

Market - I don't seem to have a picture of the durian we tasted...

P1050210.thumb.JPG.808e35952ae3b537983939fa7dd503fe.JPG

P1060063.thumb.JPG.9f7e851d8a4384bfbc1c7e4c31f0e210.JPG

P1050947.thumb.JPG.51633f7713fe34c7d984286bcf94a1ae.JPG

Kampot  and I think some of Sihanoukville, my pictures and DD's and Pst's all got mixed up, time-wise.

P1050246.thumb.JPG.d4ba456dbba4eb2b82f21bb189090437.JPG

P1050255.thumb.JPG.b2a3686f417a487cfeff4b5221c2f583.JPG

P1050258.thumb.JPG.3e0d8825afa0678f47509a7951f09ffd.JPG

P1060012.thumb.JPG.dd0148c99f9588c3a163aa486fce905e.JPG

P1050992.thumb.JPG.1c67b4e756ad9a67c511f61ba1e91806.JPG

Even an Irish pub

P1050980.thumb.JPG.9c91f57722b9806477ac72d041cb2df3.JPG

Lunch was a huge assortment, I only have one picture! (But I survived to tell the tale.)

P1060002.thumb.JPG.fa865ebe23de169397bd4340244602d6.JPG

At the pagoda school

P1050292.thumb.JPG.56818347c80a358723c31bcdb16285d6.JPG

P1050280.thumb.JPG.22378be587e0f78467c27c1e96782a31.JPG

P1060095.thumb.JPG.70c094ba5320a2502cb573fb8054ebfc.JPG

P1060097.thumb.JPG.9406972fea5ce4af4d6eafe332bcdc15.JPG

PS  I haven't had a date yet when I will start radiation.  I will let you know, I see the surgeon next week.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 9

3 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, Dailyites!  Wow, a busy day for all today - and even for me, I have to go and buy ice.  Why?  Because the fridge died yesterday.  It seemed fine when I got up and I went to the grocery store and bought quite a lot, came home, and it was dead.  Panic.  The freezer was full, DD's fridge downstairs was pretty full, I had to start squeezing stuff wherever I could.  Pat called for a serviceman and he came at noon, said we needed a new "mother board"  - I don't know when it will arrive.,  In the meantime, we have cleaned out the fridge freezer, there is a soggy bag of ice keeping a few things cool in the fridge part, and there is a cooler with ice trying to keep some of the frozen food frozen.  I did throw away some older things, and probably will have to discard more in the next few days, if t doesn't get revived quickly.  Evidently the nextdoor neighbours have been visited by the appliance gremlin too, as they had a new fridge delivered yesterday.

I am aching too, I made three batches of jam the day before yesterday, and a large batch of jelly yesterday.  I think my jam-making days have come to an end!  My father was the poet in our family, he would have had fun writing Clerihews.  I will try to think one up, in his honour.  

George Clifford Large - 

(All a lie, of course, but I couldn't find anything else that rhymed with Large_)

We went to Sihanoukville in 2014 on our Asia cruise on Violendam, which DD Cathy, organized for us.  I'll put Pat's notes here and a few pictures.  "We (A, P and C only) took a ship's tour - Town & Village Exploration (Sihanoukville, Cambodia). We left on time at 8.30 am and our first stop was at a privately-owned 5 ha. Pepper Farm.   Besides pepper trees there were a number of different fruit trees growing on the farm, e.g., durian, mango, rambutan, rose apple, tamarind and papaya. After leaving the pepper farm we had a pit stop at a new gas station. We then visited a market - mainly food stuffs. While there, our guide bought some durian and we each sampled the fruit. When we boarded the bus again he produced some more durian for sampling. The smell stank the bus up for a couple of hours. We drove into Kampot, the capital town of Kampot Province, and walked along the river front. We then retraced part of our journey and stopped for lunch at a seafood restaurant. It was quite good. We then stopped at a fishing village for photos. Our next stop was at a complex of pagodas and a Buddhist school."

Kampot  and I think some of Sihanoukville, my pictures and DD's and Pst's all got mixed up, time-wise.

Even an Irish pub

Lunch was a huge assortment, I only have one picture! (But I survived to tell the tale.)

At the pagoda school

PS  I haven't had a date yet when I will start radiation.  I will let you know, I see the surgeon next week.

Nice rhyme! 👍

• Like 15

7 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

George Clifford Large - 

Even an Irish pub

At the pagoda school

Nice photos Ann.

Good luck in getting radiation treatment ASAP.

• Like 15

5 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

We're looking forward to a cooling trend.  After hitting the mid 90's yesterday, it should be 10 degrees cooler today.  Still no rain in the foreseeable future.  

Interesting collection of days.  As a child I was barefoot all the time and I remember stepping on a bee and getting stung.  As an adult I was diagnosed with being allergic to all bee stings so I'm more careful now!

I'm going to pass on the meal (dill 🤢), but both the drink and wine sound great.  Have never been to Cambodia, thanks for all photos!

Today I desperately need to get my hair cut, not much else on the agenda.

Jacqui @kazu When it rains it pours!  Sending hugs, it's good to have a timeline now.  Sounds like your realtor has good advice.

Susan @durangoscots What cruises are you looking at may I ask?  😄

I'm waiting to see if my Nephrologist writes a medical excuse from jury duty before I send in the one I have from my PCP.  I know 1 would be sufficient, but best to hit with all I've got. 😉  

I am waitlisted for the 28 day Alaska on the Westerdam (June) and Mediterranean from New York on the Volendam (October). Have my room on the latter just down the hall from where I was on the GANZ. I do need to get a room with a shower as I am too unsteady to deal with climbing into a tub. If I can't get that on the Westerdam, I probably will have to pass that up.... and of course that assumes I am feeling like longer cruises at that time. I would love to do Australia/New Zealand again.... but like you, I found the heat and humidity a bit too much.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2