PRICING GONE CRAZY???

I booked the Silhouette in December 2023 for a Nov 2025 going to the ABC islands. Original price for a prime veranda with military rate was $2628 & I rebooked during a sale for $2428. This class is now boking at $3078!!! My experience is the pricing usually comes down, but this keeps going up, diff of $640. This will be my sister and her husband's first cruise and it was a stretch for her. I told her the price usually goes down, don't worry. Lol. Grateful we booked early!

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, RICruisegal said:

I booked the Silhouette in December 2023 for a Nov 2025 going to the ABC islands. Original price for a prime veranda with military rate was $2628 & I rebooked during a sale for $2428. This class is now boking at $3078!!! My experience is the pricing usually comes down, but this keeps going up, diff of $640. This will be my sister and her husband's first cruise and it was a stretch for her. I told her the price usually goes down, don't worry. Lol. Grateful we booked early!

My experience with Celebrity is prices rarely go down, we book early and it’s almost always cheaper early when we check pricing as the cruise nears..

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 3

Same.  Supply and demand  pricing.  Some sailings are filling up causing prices to rise.  Over the last few months we have made all of our bookings for mid-2025 through early-2026.  This is a new concept for us.  Our booking habits have quickly become akin to the philosophy of choosing preferred itineraries in our preferred stateroom categories at the best prices.  More often than not this involves booking far off into the distant future.  I am now looking to complete our travel planning for the remainder of 2026.  I am grateful for group pricing with refundable deposits on most of our selections.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

I am now looking to complete our travel planning for the remainder of 2026.

Have 2026 itins been released for Celebrity or are you cruising other lines as well?  I only have 1 cruise on the books for 2025 and I'm feeling behind...

2 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

Same.  Supply and demand  pricing.  Some sailings are filling up causing prices to rise.  Over the last few months we have made all of our bookings for mid-2025 through early-2026.  This is a new concept for us.  Our booking habits have quickly become akin to the philosophy of choosing preferred itineraries in our preferred stateroom categories at the best prices.  More often than not this involves booking far off into the distant future.  I am now looking to complete our travel planning for the remainder of 2026.  I am grateful for group pricing with refundable deposits on most of our selections.

Hi Paul, what is the best way to get group pricing with refundable deposits?  Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Have 2026 itins been released for Celebrity or are you cruising other lines as well?  I only have 1 cruise on the books for 2025 and I'm feeling behind...

4/4/2026 Silhouette

Come join us!!!🤗

Looking at other lines for sure.

It is always good to have options.😉

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Glad you got in on a good deal.  Prices have definitely been trending up for a while now. Every once in a while a good deal can still be found!

Prices seem to be on the rise. Since June this year I booked three cruises. One has already sold out and prices have skyrocketed on the other 2.  Glad you got a good deal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RICruisegal said:

In all our time cruising- i have not ever seen prices come down.    BUT this cruise I have booked on Celebrity for January 2025 has come down 3 times saving me over 300.       It has steadily risen in price since the last reduction.     Im glad i booked when i did  and not waited 

• Like 1

Not surprised...it's a popular itin,  and  the ship is  getting great reviews..

.Many are going back to S and M ships from E Class after they are even more pricey!

56 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

4/4/2026 Silhouette

Come join us!!!🤗

Didn’t we sail together 4/4/2024…also on Silhouette?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Stem to Stern said:

4/4/2026 Silhouette

Come join us!!!🤗

Yes @Georgia_Peaches and @lola2013 Come join us!

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

4/4/2026 Silhouette

Come join us!!!🤗

Checking it out right now!  And BTW, I just booked MSC World America for November, 2025...because of you!  Can't wait to tell DH it's all your fault.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, hcat said:

Not surprised...it's a popular itin,  and  the ship is  getting great reviews..

.Many are going back to S and M ships from E Class after they are even more pricey!

The S class ships are beautiful and still very popular especially the Caribbean. I was almost tempted to book my flight and hotel and wait for price drop as I thought solo pricing was still a bit high as I booked a veranda cabin but I bit the bullet and glad I did as ship has now sold out. They did upgrade my veranda to midship higher deck at no extra cost. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Checking it out right now!  And BTW, I just booked MSC World America for November, 2025...because of you!  Can't wait to tell DH it's all your fault.

Staying on topic…last I checked pricing on that sailing had not yet gotten too hateful.  We could have quite the Cruise Critic meet and greet on board.

Will this be your first MSC?  YC I presume.

Edited by Stem to Stern

3 hours ago, RICruisegal said:

Glad you got a great deal.   I've often seen prices go up when the sailing is selling well.   There is also a good chance it will drop after final payment date when they don't have to price match.

Staying on topic…last I checked pricing on that sailing had not yet gotten too hateful.  We could have quite the Cruise Critic meet and greet on board.

Will this be your first MSC?  YC I presume.

Yes, to YC but not our first.  It will be our first mega ship though.  

On another note, I just got the go ahead from DH for April 4th!  And to bring this full circle to OP's point, the RS, which was our category last time we were on Silhouette in 2019 is now listed for approx. 9K pp...so I am still hunting the right category for us.  It's looking like a concierge cabin or maybe Aqua.  The only S1's listed right now are accessible so that's a no go for us.  The hunt continues...😻 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RICruisegal said:

This will be my sister and her husband's first cruise and it was a stretch for her. I told her the price usually goes down, don't worry. Lol. Grateful we booked early!

You chose a wonderful ship and itinerary for your sister’s first cruise.  Going forward we are mostly sticking with the verandah accommodations like yourself leaving cash in the cruise budget coffers for additional cruises.  Some of the jumps in price from verandah to aqua and aqua to retreat are insane as @Georgia_Peaches just provided an example of.  (When I booked three months ago, nearly two years out, I splurged and snagged the last non-accessible entry-level sky suite on the 4/4/26.)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, RICruisegal said:

ABC itinerary is one that books fast and increases in price on all lines. There aren't many sailings and it's a very desired itinerary.  I have never seen any reductions or last minute deals  for those even after final payment. You need to book when it opens.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

ABC itinerary is one that books fast and increases in price on all lines. There aren't many sailings and it's a very desired itinerary.  I have never seen any reductions or last minute deals  for those even after final payment. You need to book when it opens.

You said exactly what I planned to say. These itineraries always book up quickly as they are the best Caribbean itineraries.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Z-Bird said:

Hi Paul, what is the best way to get group pricing with refundable deposits?  Thanks!

Hi!!  A few random notes for you….

Finding travel agents that offer group pricing can involve some research and surfing.

Cruise Critic is not the place to find them since specific mention of travel agents or agencies or websites is not permitted.

Get quotes from a number of different agents for a particular sailing that you are interested in.  Compare their offers against pricing on Celebrity’s website.  Possibly let the agents know they are competing for your business because sometimes they will match another agent’s offer.  

Join and follow private groups on social media that relate to Celebrity and The Retreat to find travel agents offering deals.  Sometimes these groups are moderated by travel agents, so they post deals in the group.

By using a TA you will relinquish control of your booking, but that has never been an issue for me.  

Ask friends, family, and fellow cruisers who they book with.
If an agent that you have reached out to for a quote responds timely, thoroughly, and professionally to your emails and messages, that is a good sign you have found one that is eager to earn your business.

I never book direct unless Celebrity’s direct price is astonishing.

If I book direct I transfer the booking to my preferred travel agent within 30 days for additional on board credit from her.

Hopefully this helps and falls within Cruise Critic guidelines.

• Like 2