Question how the 4 drinks for Diamonds work re card

I will be  first time  Diamond next week so excuse the ignorance.  Are the 4 drinks loaded on the cards each day or are vouchers needed for them?  Do you have to tell the bartender to use the drink credit  for it to be used?  Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, elizabethbp said:

I will be  first time  Diamond next week so excuse the ignorance.  Are the 4 drinks loaded on the cards each day or are vouchers needed for them?  Do you have to tell the bartender to use the drink credit  for it to be used?  Thanks in advance.

Your 4 drink vouchers are loaded onto your Sea Pass card every day.  We always let the bartender know we are using one of our D+ vouchers so there is no confusion.

also at the end of the evening if we have not used all our vouchers we will get some bottles of water or some sodas to take back to the room.

• Like 9

I’m excited to be diamond after my next cruise that’s in 5 days.    

and I get to use it 55 days on my 15 day tp to japan.   That’s 56 drinks. Lolol.   
I don’t drink that much anymore.  Haven’t had a drink in months.    
will be nice to have some tequila every now and then.  And a bottle of water if I need.     

are there any other drinks I could get?    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Cruise5life said:

and I get to use it 55 days on my 15 day tp to japan.   That’s 56 drinks. Lolol.   
will be nice to have some tequila every now and then.  And a bottle of water if I need.     

Yes anything almost but stand alone Starbucks. You can get fresh squeezed oj or specialty coffee in the morning is what I get. Or vitamin water in the vitality spa or soda. Try some ginger beer in the promenade bar.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Anything other than an alcoholic drink, they’ll usually ask if you want to use a voucher when they swipe your card. On a mixed drink, they pretty much take it for granted that you’re using one of your vouchers. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cruise5life said:

There are drink menus at the bar that list some non-alcoholic mixed drinks. Nice to have one at the evening show. We also get bottles of water from a bar to take back to the room and use for taking pills, or to take off the ship for an excursion the next day. Can get a bottle of Pellegrino for sipping. We also use it for fresh squeezed OJ in the Windjammer. 

• Like 1

We always let the bar server know if we want to use a voucher. We wouldn't want one used say on a beer or soft drink during the day if we were drinking spirits in the evening.

• Like 1

You will also have access to the Crown and Anchor lounge where you can get specialty coffees self made with their machine, no vouchers needed.

And they will have small morning selection of Donuts, bagels, fruit, yogurt parfaits, smoked salmon, assorted cheeses, etc.    And as long as happy hour is available for Diamond members, varies per cruise, they have a nice happy hour selection of hors d'oeuvres.

Enjoy

• Like 1

Don't let any vouchers go to waste. If you have any left at the end of the night go to any bar and grab some bottles of water on your way back to the cabin. We do this with our kid's vouchers, usually go back to the cabin with 6-8 bottles......they come in handy. 

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Don't let any vouchers go to waste. If you have any left at the end of the night go to any bar and grab some bottles of water on your way back to the cabin. We do this with our kid's vouchers, usually go back to the cabin with 6-8 bottles......they come in handy. 

To expand on this, you can cash the vouchers out for any unopened canned or bottled beverages - beer, Truly, soda, water, etc.  Not just water.  They can then be taken back to your stateroom and kept in the refrigerator for another time.  We do this with every cruise on which we have remaining unused vouchers at the end of the night.  Nice to then have for a beverage on the balcony or to take to the pool the next day, etc.

Another point is they are also combinable in that my wife can use hers for me and visa versa which allows for (in our case) 10 total beverages between us each day. Nice feature if one would drink less than the other in a given day.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

Your 4 drink vouchers are loaded onto your Sea Pass card every day.  We always let the bartender know we are using one of our D+ vouchers so there is no confusion.

also at the end of the evening if we have not used all our vouchers we will get some bottles of water or some sodas to take back to the room.

Perfect summation!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Another point is they are also combinable in that my wife can use hers for me and visa versa which allows for (in our case) 10 total beverages between us each day. Nice feature if one would drink less than the other in a given day.

Or in my case... a cause for me to learn to drink more since my wife only uses about 2/day on average and I don't normally get to 8 without adding stuff to the cooler but if I did that everyday I'd have a vending machine by the end of the cruise.

The challenge is a work in progress.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

11 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Or in my case... a cause for me to learn to drink more since my wife only uses about 2/day on average and I don't normally get to 8 without adding stuff to the cooler but if I did that everyday I'd have a vending machine by the end of the cruise.

It is a terrible problem to have to deal with.....LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

It is a terrible problem to have to deal with.....LOL

Yeah, life can be rough, lol. 1st world problem for sure.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

After a 15 night TA, I ended up taking home a Bulmers cider, Old Speckled Hen, John Smiths, and some bottles of water.  I was driving home, so no big deal to carry them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

After a 15 night TA, I ended up taking home a Bulmers cider, Old Speckled Hen, John Smiths, and some bottles of water.  I was driving home, so no big deal to carry them.

We have had a similar experience as well.  And they don't seem to have any issues with you taking beverages off the ship - just on....LOL

Don't forget you can share your drink vouchers.  It's not like the drink package where you aren't allowed to share.  We share with other adult cruisers we are sailing with all the time.

Also (and this is just us, not starting a tipping thread) but I always hand a dollar bill with my SeaPass card when ordering each Diamond drink.  I've never been asked if my drink is one of my 4 Diamond vouchers, they know the drill.  Also, they typically let me know, after my 3rd, that I have one left.

• Like 1