Can laundry and dry cleaning go in the same bag? (Millie)

zitsky

I think it was commented that dry cleaning on Celebrity is hit or miss, just like any other laundry.  But we've had OK experiences so far with regular laundry.

I paid for the "wash & press" package but I will want to send out 1-2 pieces of dry cleaning.  (On Millie if it matters.)  Am I safe putting it in the same bag as the other laundry or is that asking for trouble?  Maybe put it on a separate receipt and leave it outside the bag?

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

I think it was commented that dry cleaning on Celebrity is hit or miss, just like any other laundry.  But we've had OK experiences so far with regular laundry.

I paid for the "wash & press" package but I will want to send out 1-2 pieces of dry cleaning.  (On Millie if it matters.)  Am I safe putting it in the same bag as the other laundry or is that asking for trouble?  Maybe put it on a separate receipt and leave it outside the bag?

I would check with cabin steward myself…

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, zitsky said:

As suggested by @PTC DAWG I would talk with your room steward to confirm the dry cleaning as separate items.  I would not include dry cleaning items in the same bag as the "wash & press" items as they may not get separated. They likely also have a separate fee scale. 

Edited by leaveitallbehind

4 minutes ago, zitsky said:

If we are in a Sky Suite, would you talk to the cabin attendant or have the butler take care of it?  Not sure which one is appropriate.

I would think either would be able to assist but I probably would talk to the butler first.

There are plenty of bags and inventory slips made available.  The slips are universal (cover both types of articles) but I'd never mix the two.  No reason to do so, and why take the risk?

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, zitsky said:

I would not commingle 

Edited by cruisestitch

On our April cruise the butlers were no longer handling laundry that task was back to the cabin attendant.  Probably because the butlers have soooo many suites to cover now.

We put laundry and dry cleaning in the same bag without a problem. 

All I have ever done was fill the bag the slip as needed kept my copy and left it on the bed.  In either 1-2 day's it magically appears again folded or on hangers if requested.  Never bothered to talk to steward or butler.  I think the only time I talked to the steward about this is when I could not find a new slip in the room.  Called the line and wow amazing how fast a slip is sent to the room.  I do not bring anything needing dry cleaning anymore as pack with a carryon only, easily for 10+ days.  December on side by side will be 13 days total, but have the 2 laundry per sailing to use so not to worried about it.  

3 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

All I have ever done was fill the bag the slip as needed kept my copy and left it on the bed.  In either 1-2 day's it magically appears again folded or on hangers if requested.  Never bothered to talk to steward or butler.  I think the only time I talked to the steward about this is when I could not find a new slip in the room.  Called the line and wow amazing how fast a slip is sent to the room.  I do not bring anything needing dry cleaning anymore as pack with a carryon only, easily for 10+ days.  December on side by side will be 13 days total, but have the 2 laundry per sailing to use so not to worried about it.  

I'm on the Bali to Singapore cruise.  In January but still hot.  I signed up for the wash package.  But I only expect to bring one light cashmere/silk sweater, Mongolian from GOBI Cashmere, I highly recommend them.  Just something to have in case it gets cold on the ship.  But obviously I don't want to toss that in with the regular wash.  I see that dry cleaning is probably just about $8 per item so I'm happy to pay that price if necessary.  And I may not need it at all but it's good to know the best way to deal with it, just in case.

59 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

We have always used different bags for laundry and dry cleaning.  No problems in requesting additional  bags.

This is what we have always done. On the one occasion we sent a suit in we sent it on a hanger with the slip attached rather than shove it in a bag.

You fill out a slip the says: "dry cleaning, fold and laundry". Also has a list on items and prices. You place it in the same bag, unless you want to on the top of my closet due differently and place the bag on the bed with the slip inside the bag. I put it on top of my clothes. 

Thanks for the replies.  I used to buy cheap Chinese made sweaters from Nordstrom until I found Gobi Mongolian Cashmere which was better quality at about the same price or less.  So I'd like to make sure I don't ruin anything.  At home I take most of my clothes to the dry cleaners since I hate ironing.  

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

I'm on the Bali to Singapore cruise.  In January but still hot.  I signed up for the wash package.  But I only expect to bring one light cashmere/silk sweater, Mongolian from GOBI Cashmere, I highly recommend them.  Just something to have in case it gets cold on the ship.  But obviously I don't want to toss that in with the regular wash.  I see that dry cleaning is probably just about $8 per item so I'm happy to pay that price if necessary.  And I may not need it at all but it's good to know the best way to deal with it, just in case.

Understandable different story on Bali to Singapore.  I was basing mine mostly on Caribbean and 1 Europe one I did.  You have a bunch of overnights and travel to and from so that I see much needed.  

5 hours ago, zitsky said:

If we are in a Sky Suite, would you talk to the cabin attendant or have the butler take care of it?  Not sure which one is appropriate.

I would check with the butler first.   That's who always took care of our laundry when we had a butler. 

1 hour ago, Alakegirl said:

Why take a chance of confusion? They will provide all the bags you need

Oh I’m happy to ask for 5 bags or 50.  I remember several laundry slips.  But I only remember one laundry bag in the room.  I’d rather put it on separate bags to avoid any trouble.  It’s not a super expensive item but if I need to clean it I’d rather not take a chance.

2 hours ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

If you don’t won’t it ruined I would wait to have it dry cleaned when you get home 

I sent a blazer out to be dry cleaned and they ruined it. I won't send anything out to be dry cleaned again. 

I always use the same bag - HOWEVER, I put the dry clean items on top and bundle them around a note indicating that they're to be dry cleaned.

Most of my clothes have to be washed in cold and drip dried, so they all go for dry cleaning. Yes, I pay more for it but I like my clothes and want to take them home with me. Never had any problems with anything being laundered or dry cleaned. 

2 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I sent a blazer out to be dry cleaned and they ruined it. I won't send anything out to be dry cleaned again. 

Not easily done.  Color issues, or separation of the interfacing, or ???

8 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Fabric damage. They apparently made a mistake with the chemical solvent. 

Attempt at a spot cleaning?  Seems to be where a lot of dry cleaners get into trouble.  You'll be glad to know that the days of actually doing the cleaning in 'solvents' that would eat fabric are a thing of the past in this 'green' era in which we live.

I gave up on various synthetic blends a long time back, and stick with wool.  Summer-weight is actually very comfortable.