The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday August 20th, 2024

richwmn

Posted (edited)

Today is National Accessible Air Travel Day, National Radio Day, and World Mosquito Day

The reason I talk to myself is because I'm the only one whose answers I accept.--George Carlin

Meal Suggestion for today - Chicago-Style Carrot Dogs
Drink of the Day - Shark Bite
Wine of the Day - Penfolds RWT Shiraz
Destination of the Day - Dunedin, Port Chalmers, New Zealand

Today in History:
1741 Alaska first sighted by Danish explorer Vitus Bering at head of Russian expedition
1882 Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky's "1812 Overture" debuts in Moscow

Ship Locations

Eurodam --- 7 days, round-trip Alaska Explorer

Glacier Bay, Alaska   0700-1600  

Koningsdam --- 7 days, round-trip Alaska Inside Passage
Skagway, Alaska   0700-2000  

Nieuw Amsterdam --- 7 days, one-way from Whittier to Vancouver
Glacier Bay, Alaska   0830-1830  

Nieuw Statendam --- 21 days, round-trip Ultimate Viking Explorer
Invergordon, Scotland   0800-1600  

Noordam --- 7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Whittier
Ketchikan, Alaska   0630-1500  

Oosterdam --- 7 days, round-trip All Star Irish Cruise
Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey      

Rotterdam --- 7 days, round-trip Norse Legends
Bergen, Norway      

Volendam --- 11 days, one-way from Boston to Montreal
Boston, Massachusetts   0700-1500  

Westerdam --- 7 days, round-trip Escape With Effy
Juneau, Alaska   1300-2100  

Zaandam --- 7 days, round-trip Alaska Inside Passage
At Sea Destination Vancouver, Canada eta 08-21  

Zuiderdam --- 35 days, round-trip Voyage Of The Vikings
Corner Brook, Newfoundland   1000-2300  

0820Alaska.thumb.png.d20defe91ba302bde842e158ac24a651.png

0820Atlantic.thumb.png.b2eb380257ec21101772f79d1f79fb7b.png

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 29

Good morning.

I haven’t been a fan of HAL for a while, at one time it was our favorite cruise line but I believe the company has lost its way.

Yesterday in another thread someone questioned why I continue to post on the Daily Report, maybe they thought I was a hypocrite so this will be my last post on the Daily, it was fun and I really enjoyed interacting with all of you. 
Have a great day, stay well and safe.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 10

Good morning Dailyites and thank you for the Daily Report!

Another warm humid summer day here in SC. 

Work is going well and thankfully have had time to post and read here at CC more often lately. 🙂

I hope everyone has a great day!

20211124_155857.jpg

• Like 34
  • Thanks 2

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.  Love the maps.

Another cool. cloudy morning but it should be a nice afternoon.  We're heading to the local farmers market this morning.

Three interesting days.  I'm listening to the radio now.  I'm not sure mosquitoes deserve a day.

Love the quote.

Not sure about the meal, drink or wine, I'll wait for recipes and descriptions.

Prayers for so many.

Have a great day.

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Today’s Care List:

NextOne’s hip surgery today

Seasick Sailor’s DSis Bonnie’s breast surgery today

Doobieb’s DH testing positive for Covid

Mr. Boston safe travels home

Lindaler’s DS with an emergency situation

Hal Sailer diagnosed with Lymphoma

RIP Phil Donahue

Heat, Fires, flooding and Storms across the US

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, weakness, poor appetite

Vict0riann’s DH Pat needing heart valve surgery

StLouisCruisers’ DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage TiogaCruiser (Laura)!

Welcome back Horizon Chaser 1957 (Laura)!

Kazu’s house is on the market, with lots of interest

Lazey1’s DS Tony making slow improvement

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

2 days for Lady Hudson (Vision of the Seas Aug 22 to Aug 31) 9d Cabada/New England

4 days for Crazy For Cats (Zuiderdam Aug 24 to Aug 31) B2B 7d Canada/New England Discovery + (Zuiderdam Aug 31 to Sept 7) 7d Canada/New England Discovery

4 days for Dfish (Zuiderdam Aug 24 to Aug 31) B2B 7d Canada/New England Discovery + (Zuiderdam Aug 31 to Sept 7) 7d Canada/New England Discovery

4 days for Sharon in AZ (Zuiderdam Aug 24 to Aug 31) B2B 7d Canada/New England Discovery + (Zuiderdam Aug 31 to Sept 7) 7d Canada/New England Discovery

5 days for LAFFNVEGAS (Westerdam Aug 25 to Sept 1) 7d Alaska Explorer

5 days for Dobiemom (Westerdam Aug 25 to Sept 1) 7d Alaska Explorer

Cunnorl (Zuiderdam to Aug 24) 35d Voyage of the Vikings, St Pete Cruiser (Zuiderdam to Aug 24) 35d Voyage of the Vikings, RMLincoln (Emerald Princess to Aug 28) 17d Greenland & Canada, Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to Aug 29) 44d Epic Northern Adventure London to London, celebrating 50th anniversary, 0106 (Rotterdam to Aug 31) 14d Best of Norway, TiogaCruiser (Volendam Aug 20 to Aug 31) 11d Newfoundland & New England Discovery and Gail & Marty sailing away (Rotterdam to Oct 27) 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 27

Good morning friends!  Today it’s 82 with a high of “only” 100F expected.  Sunny skies again too.  Yesterday it was around 106 in late afternoon. 🥵 We did go out yesterday morning after we dropped Ren off at school.  I wanted to look for some shoes to wear at DGD’s upcoming wedding.  The ones I liked online are not available in the store so they ordered them for me and will ship them home.  I did find a pair of sandals I liked though and purchased them so the drive over wasn’t a total waste.  We were home at 11:30 and it was nearly 100 by then.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily as well as the ship location maps.  I’m pondering why we need a World Mosquito Day, but agree with Accessible Air Travel Day and Radio Day.  Did you know it’s National Bacon Lovers Day too? 🥓 What a sense of humor George Carlin had.  What could a Chicago style carrot dog be?  I don’t like the name of the cocktail, and pass on the Shiraz.  Nice that Alaska was sighted on this date and I’m sure Tchaikovsky’s 1812 Overture roused its audience awake in their seats. 😲 Thanks to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for your reports today.

Prayers for our Care list group this morning including Tana and Terry, Chuck and Annie, Melisa and her DH, Joy’s DS Bonnie on her surgery day, Nancy’s DB, Jacqui, Elizabeth, Roy, Jane’s DS, Debbie, Terri and Jim, @doobieb’s DH, and Vanessa.  Also for my DB, twin sister, DD, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still held, and our military members in war zones.  Hoping for good news from Jacqui @kazu on her offers!  Good luck to Terri @Cruzin Terri at her appointment at Mayo Clinic and hope Jim’s rash is gone.  Cheers to those cruising, preparing to cruise, and all celebrating special occasions.  Bon Voyage Laura @TiogaCruiser!  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for the list keeping work each day!

The port today is Dunedin, Port Chalmers, New Zealand, an enjoyable port to visit.  We had it here before on Oct. 5, 2022, March 13, 2023 and Sept. 25, 2023.  I’ll post the links to help you find your photos.  Mine will show up next.

Have a super day today, and try to stay safe and keep well!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 9

Thanks for our Tuesday Daily, Rich & thank t Vanessa and our F & B team.

Yat on accessible travel - so important to so many.  Sorry, but I will boo mosquitos.  LOL on the George Carlin quote.  DD DH and I very much enjoyed Port Chalmers.

Thank you everyone for the good wishes for the house sale.  I was too tired and overwhelmed to post again yesterday.

Woke up this morning crying.  A real mix of emotions.  Realtors w3ere late yesterday as there were so many offers. 16.  Thankfully, they had a spread sheet done for me with pricing, conditions, etc.  A couple calls were made and the we countered with what we knew would be accepted (and has been).  And yes, at what I thought the house should be worth. A few conditions to be met which should be done by Friday 🤞 

Now the reality has set in.  I better get my head together - water test this morning and then I am off to the vascular surgeon for my follow up.  I’ll see what he says about the legs and dizziness.

Prayers for those on the Care listand all who need them 🙏 Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

• Like 41
  • Thanks 15

20 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Good morning.

I haven’t been a fan of HAL for a while, at one time it was our favorite cruise line but I believe the company has lost its way.

Yesterday in another thread someone questioned why I continue to post on the Daily Report, maybe they thought I was a hypocrite so this will be my last post on the Daily, it was fun and I really enjoyed interacting with all of you. 

there are several people who post here who have never sailed HAL.  You have - just because younno longer do so is no reason to leave.  Don’t let someone else’s post on ANOTHER thread affect or upset you, please.

• Like 42
  • Thanks 10

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Good morning.

@MISTER 67 please don't let one person's comment ruin your experience here on the Daily!  We want you here and I'm sure they didn't mean anything by it. Come back again tomorrow please?!

15 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks for our Tuesday Daily, Rich & thank t Vanessa and our F & B team.

Uau on accessible travel - so important to so many.  Sorry, but I will boo mosquitos.  LOL on the George Carlin quote.  DD DH and I very much enjoyed Port Chalmers.

Thank you everyone for the good wishes for the house sale.  I was too tired and overwhelmed to post again yesterday.

Woke up this morning crying.  A real mix of emotions.  Realtors w3ere late yesterday as there were so many offers. 16.  Thankfully, they had a spread sheet done for me with pricing, conditions, etc.  A couple calls were made and the we countered with what we knew would be accepted (and has been).  And yes, at what I thought the house should be worth. A few conditions to be met which should be done by Friday 🤞 

Now the reality has set in.  I better get my head together - water test this morning and then I am off to the vascular surgeon for my follow up.  I’ll see what he says about the legs and dizziness.

Prayers for those on the Care listand all who need them 🙏 Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

Good luck at your appointment for the follow up with the vascular surgeon.  Glad to hear you got what you felt your house is worth and have only a few conditions to meet.  A busy time for you!  I hope you can move when you wanted to.  Keep us updated when you get two seconds.  LOL!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Here are my photos from Dunedin.

We first visited Port Chalmers on Dec. 19, 2013 on Diamond Princess.  We took a tour on the Taieri Gorge Railway train which came right to the ship for pickup of passengers.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI8_M9C4R6ho8ByuWg5INiC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388711449

It was a comfortable ride and some seats had a table at them sort of in a booth configuration which came in handy at lunch.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJXNOyb7KJcaeVObFrZDnGB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388708796

Four of us ate at the table and they even provided wine with refills if you wanted it.  Made for a crowded table but no one minded.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJvv1wSMPH7wznXWGaMd3W4?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388708688

Along the way on our tour of the Taieri Gorge.  The scenery was great and we saw a lot this yellow plant growing there.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKPJqZoZEORObX_s4c-qSwb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388711087

We saw horses and sheep and either alpacas or llamas.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLe0GgztEd1-9jPS-0cwMdF?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388710972

You could step off the car and take photos between the cars if you wanted to.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIxUe1aDiyl-BQS_aoe7dge?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388711123

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIPsYCNg2gcnqIDJR2oz8pS?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388708560

We made a stop or two along the way at tiny little outposts, but the train stopped and reversed course at Pukerangi.  Locals set up tables displaying good for the tourists to buy and enjoy.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKdaDNUG4TZ9qYaKDU9nE2a?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388708654

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJsTjx9MaOzQIIegv_b1QzG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388708665

This guy was set for Christmas with his little hat on.  I think he would rather have been at home taking a nap.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLysxjw-ZpNYE53-augZpDu?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388708675

The train station in Dunedin is famous and they stopped there long enough to let you take a little self guided tour.  It's beautiful as you'll see especially on the opposite side from the tracks.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJR7nKehvWOXsZyGUzKl_CM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388711355

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJdnq0t02FO1JBN9y7aifJm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388708744

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJw-K-fNCXZhyhaK2sGP_9s?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388711398

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLMfT789ZSLLIqhnoCNRgc5?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388708727

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJUiAb3gepCAFNmA0p-XM0J?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388708775

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIX7OosNjpohoUUj3JZPYnG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388711425

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI672K8_6BLOKrb2Aa0uepl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388708779

At the end of the tour we decided to walk around Port Chalmers.  There is a tall hill near the ship which we walked up, on a residential street, so we could take photos from that viewpoint.  This is the sign along the steep street.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJyxuztAww1DnZxXQaQOYqp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388711477

Photos of the timber along the shore.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKvF51sWerCDa27aWGfqErN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388711480

and Diamond Princess00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKbBmlMr89HLN4ko1MKDAaN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388708835

The view from Upper Port Chalmers as a sign up there named it.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKI3NFy61KEhmlOlTFT-HjS?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388708865

And a crazy statue someone placed up there.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJXNV-lcrIic1Q7nKJ6qN-G?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388711489

A local church with scaffolding00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKEHQRejBXpGdCO3dQ007HR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388708884

That's it for that visit in Port Chalmers.  The next time we would do another tour which we also enjoyed.  Photos of that visit coming up next.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 13

Another beautiful day in Port Chalmers on Nov. 30, 2017.  On this trip we were on Sun Princess for 62 days seeing all the sights in Australia, Papua New Guinea and New Zealand.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIDuyPXz5E1iJN4urVrw5rX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513622575

I believe I booked a private tour from Good Company, so we waited in this special area for our group to gather.  We would visit Larnach Castle, Speight's Brewery and a Dunedin city tour.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIdSw1_H7aCcvubUqJsu3C8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513622617

Along the way to Dunedin we saw the Forsyth Barr Stadium, third largest in New Zealand.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLVgl_30ku_VVkoCEj2grfP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513622646

We passed a different brewery named Emerson's.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJuSitU5Ri-yhUFuLPZ7sBh?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513622670

One place we stopped at seemed pretty popular for tourists guessing from the number of people already there.  The so called steepest street in the world, Baldwin Street.  I'm not so sure. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKqKPWIcsgnNacyiqsNHFAE?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1664971897

I feel like I've been on steeper before.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLrLB_E6o4naJTrNFkcoygX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513622725

The tour stopped at the Dunedin Railway Station which was nice because I'm sure many on the bus had never been there before. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKdn9Cns0tAXHwffKe6U7cy?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513622785

Out on the Station lawn, you can see the former Cadbury candy company across the road.  Some tours actually included a Cadbury tour and it was quite popular.  I know the crew made sure they got a good supply of Cadbury chocolates while in town.  I have read that the factory was torn down in 2018 and a hospital put in its place.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIyPA5Z3V2e4fUGGY52rrTA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513622841

That's our bus parked in front of the train station.  Time to head downtown to pick up more passengers. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI4grMyPmCJggBMsZPhcEeF?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513620502

We stopped near St. Paul's Anglican Cathedral which is right next door to the Town Hall.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK_xWYN5v2GQpgq53vsMZEj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1664971939

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJePeVzIPMDhRc91D0mhiOy?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513622991

I'm not sure why this statue of poet Robert Burns has an orange cone on his head.  Pranksters??00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIDVP3yoo-Fz5nJ1fw1Nmb4?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1664971948

We enjoyed a lovely view of the countryside as we headed out to Larnach Castle. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK6sKX4CYIetRnW5YGd6Dl-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513623032

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKO4mdFeWx-DRFWqUpVF0Bt?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513623055

That's Dunedin in the distance.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLA4jIALnPdz0_vEb-NPWK5?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513623219

We pulled over at this scenic view.  I was enjoying this part of the tour a lot.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJJf2_bLR4j-_Yk-55mpZu0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513620502

Beautiful Larnach Castle.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLmVIZmifkr31REO01EIdbc?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513620521

This was a residence and is the only "castle" in New Zealand.  We had an extensive tour of dozens of rooms. This is the type of decor we saw inside.  I won't bore you with a dozen photos like it.  I enjoyed the outdoors more.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK5n571sVE1PYv-PTP-A8b0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513623310

Well, maybe a photo of this floor in the foyer, which proclaimed this home The Camp.  I'd love to see what their city home looked like!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKeQSifHSI3H1FSVZX5XugA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513624265

There was a rooftop terrace we could enjoy the view from.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK3na-gIj22D07a3ZdmGctj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513624349

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLTvkdR1rXhZvEQHSwfyjnd?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513624338

The entrance to their garden.  I used this photo as the cover of a wall calendar I made documenting our Down Under cruise.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKlYwhwtfD42NN-9aKaChMm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513620524

more for the Garden Club00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ7KvL3HvuOiejVNfNl5w4z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513624988

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKNiVhW8Relc0Txjky4cAzM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513620540

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKbgzVmBtSFGRa7hi9lFOSq?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625013

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLufRooyGUeI_MTWFfssHCr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625010

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIcSqT1EcF9JeHjNFgDXoyT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625027

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL6DH7qsdlj8wMIRwCyp-Mu?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625049

Next door was the Ballroom Cafe where we enjoyed lunch.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLHcQ359TkpQqAKBTMYAqR2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625066

We of course had the same beautiful scenery leaving the Castle and heading back to the city.  We made our last stop at Speight's Brewery, the largest one in New Zealand.  We began our tour in the production area, but everyone had that tasting room on their mind.  Our guide took us through the history of the company and its place in Dunedin's background.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIvrBTAaGTB3MiOmDzmDYYH?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625215

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ-sZOyQCYZ67uRHmhhxfEu?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625232

Our guide Keith went through the whole process.  I don't remember much he said, but DH could probably give the tour for him with 29+ years experience in engineering at Anheuser-Busch.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIgXwz4LFreZHVgkKbZHs34?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625261

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKc87xcgtmgG1GKhUn8XqQe?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625311

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI_FI1sPgpbi5k6-5WzXhqk?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625323

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLKJRhKr2tOGUCG-S2lpiPf?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625334

On to the tasting room!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI4nBPO3SpvF8FvmhNxJD0n?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625179

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKFJEM-60E8qURUD1HkM9fE?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625185

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJNfSlSlgxBLrqiEj7D58sn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625189

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLvOToBDvFLE6UgSn45Jbxs?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625346

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL3F2ZTzLlzZIR4s5_DUDey?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625348

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKAl2zIHpUX684lkLiofTDw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625369

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJBMpucS_ueeuqXQwC9yy5a?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513620547

Since I don't drink beer I took small sips of lighter beers.  I would never want to waste a whole glass of beer like that.  We had a full day on this tour and enjoyed it a lot.  If I were going back I would check out their tours and no doubt find something new to do in Dunedin.  

• Like 25
  • Thanks 14

27 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Good morning.

Please continue posting. There are many of us who cruise on other lines. Some have never been on a Hal cruise. 
Would like you to reconsider.

if not it’s been great. Thank you for your service. Bruce🫡

• Like 39
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Couldn't log in, doing some sort of update..

Shark Bite cocktail:

Ingredients:

2 cups ice cubes, divided
2 oz. simple syrup
3/4 oz. spiced rum
3/4 oz. light rum
1/2 oz. Blue Curacao
1/2 oz. lime juice
3 drops grenadine syrup, or as needed

Directions:

Fill a cocktail shaker with 1 cup ice. Add simple syrup, spiced rum, light rum, blue Curaçao, and lime juice. Cover and shake until the outside of the shaker has frosted, 10 to 15 seconds.

Fill a glass with remaining 1 cup ice. Strain cocktail over ice in the glass. Add drops of grenadine to cocktail.

Screenshot 2024-08-20 at 6.45.43 AM.png

Edited by summer slope
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 21

35 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Good morning.

I will echo what others have said. Please continue to read and post to this thread.

I didn't see the post you are referencing, but it doesn't reflect the sentiments of most of the people who participate in the Daily.

• Like 36
  • Thanks 4

18 minutes ago, kazu said:

there are several people who post here who have never sailed HAL.  You have - just because younno longer do so is no reason to leave.  Don’t let someone else’s post on ANOTHER thread affect or upset you, please.

Amen!!!!  Do not stop, I enjoy reading about your day and your golf.

• Like 34
  • Thanks 2

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann and Dixie for the FR&D   I will definitely NOT celebrate mosquitos but will the other two days.   Special prayers for Melissa, Bonnie,  Terri, Katherine’s friend, Sandi’s brother, Scottie,  Chuck, Annie and Tana with  Annie and Chuck at the top of the list..

Prayers for successful surgeries for NextOne and Bonnie.  Bon Voyage TiogaCruiser and Welcome Home Horizon Chaser 1957.

A funny quote by Carlin..

I visited Dunedin twice, Crystal Symphony in 2018 and Crystal Serenity in 2020..

Two great days in history

I’ll pass on  the meal.  My alternative is Oven Roasted Rack of Lamb which I enjoyed on MS Veendam August 20, 2913

Will be a delightful day with a morning visit to one of the more distant grocery stores and then the rest of the day likely at home..

Roy

• Like 35
  • Thanks 3