Captain Circle Elite Benefits

dog

4 hours ago, dog said:

Good points. I use laundry, minibar setup, 10% discounts, afternoon tea and that’s about it.

Once we made elite last year, we didn’t feel we needed to get the Plus Package any longer. We now get the 4-device internet package that both of us can use for $22.50 per day, use the 10% excursion discount to help pay for the daily gratuities, and swap out our default minibar setup for 10 alcoholic (beer for me) and 10 nonalcoholic drinks (water for my DW). But that’s just us.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Once we made elite last year, we didn’t feel we needed to get the Plus Package any longer. We now get the 4-device internet package that both of us can use for $22.50 per day, use the 10% excursion discount to help pay for the daily gratuities, and swap out our default minibar setup for 10 alcoholic (beer for me) and 10 nonalcoholic drinks (water for my DW). But that’s just us.

I think I’ll note the savings on my next cruise as the laundry, wifi, minibar add up. I also pre purchase bottle water.

• Like 2

So Premium, Plus package buyers don’t use their 50% off wifi discount, minibar not necessary,, but Princess is giving double Captains Circle credits to those buying the packages currently. Um.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, dog said:

So Premium, Plus package buyers don’t use their 50% off wifi discount, minibar not necessary,, but Princess is giving double Captains Circle credits to those buying the packages currently. Um.

As elite and getting plus package every cruise 10-21 days in length.   We use the mini bar after switching out to what we want, use laundry every few days (this allows us to pack for 7 days but sail for 21 days, The plus package saves us money because we know we will each probably have 8 + drinks a day and the mini bar lets us reach over a grab a beer or soft drink while we sit out on our balcony 

• Like 2

For us, the ability to just walk into a waiting lounge and then be let down to the water shuttle is the best perk. Beats having to get a ticket, then wait to be called.

• Like 6

Been Elite for years, and buy either Plus or Premier on every sailing.

Minibar is handy when not wanting to wait on room service, half off internet - no big deal, used to pay to upgrade to unlimited even back when we had minutes when Internet was metered,  don't do ship Excursions, have used the shop discount on occasion, laundry is super handy, etc.. 

YMMV 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jadn13 said:

We don’t buy pkgs either, not necessary especially if you have stock credit too. 

I am afraid the stock credit wouldn’t cover my 8-10 cocktails at $12 each on a daily basis 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, memoak said:

I am afraid the stock credit wouldn’t cover my 8-10 cocktails at $12 each on a daily basis 

Ha! Probably not. I use it towards gratuities and not drinks. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

Ha! Probably not. I use it towards gratuities and not drinks

Me too! Just last month my stock perk took care of my CA in full on a 14 day cruise.

Edited by IrieBajan54
correction
  • Like 2

On 9/8/2024 at 5:54 AM, skynight said:

Medallion net is internet access. If purchased the full cost is $24.99/day for one device. Platinum and Elite loyalty levels can purchase for half price, $12.50/day.

In the past, my wife and I have not purchased ship's internet because although we don't buy plus or premier our T-mobile phones get us internet for free in just about every port in the world.  Now we have a cruise coming up with many sea days.  Am I correct that as an Elite I can purchase one device internet for any given 24 hour period for $12.50?   And that I can make this purchase after I board?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Petersonfcu said:

In the past, my wife and I have not purchased ship's internet because although we don't buy plus or premier our T-mobile phones get us internet for free in just about every port in the world.  Now we have a cruise coming up with many sea days.  Am I correct that as an Elite I can purchase one device internet for any given 24 hour period for $12.50?   And that I can make this purchase after I board?

I don't believe so. I believe the cost for a single day is $30 for the day, and I don't know if you will receive the 50% off. I can't locate the cost when I search.

21 minutes ago, Petersonfcu said:

Yes, and yes, Platinum/Elite discount applies to 24 hour Internet purchase ($30) as well as cruise long internet access package ($24.99 one device).

1 minute ago, reedprincess said:

Yes, and yes, Platinum/Elite discount applies to 24 hour Internet purchase ($30) as well as cruise long internet access package ($24.99 one device).

Ahh.   So an onboard purchase of 24 hours/one device should cost me $15 after my elite discount?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skynight said:

I don't believe so. I believe the cost for a single day is $30 for the day, and I don't know if you will receive the 50% off. I can't locate the cost when I search.

As an elite you would get 50% off the internet without a package

55 minutes ago, SANDRAMARTINEZ said:

Question re Spa discount--if you prebook do you get the 10% off in OBC as well?

I paid pre cruise and they gave me the elite discount at the spa.

That's what I had on the Royal Princess in April 2024 plus free laundry tokens (prefer cold wash, cool dryer × 20 minutes then air dry).  In fact I've had free machine & product tokens since restart

• Like 2

On 9/8/2024 at 10:11 AM, voljeep said:

What we may/may not use during a 7 day cruise

shops 10% - nope, not good on sale items

photos - nope

spa - nope

shore excursions - 10% - maybe

priority water shuttle - if needed

disembarkation - no rush here

laundry - yes, depending on turnaround time

afternoon  tea - nope

minibar - meh with PLUS or Premier

50% medallion net - meh with PLUS or Premier

Cap

canapes  -  nope as to current offerings

Grapewine wine - prolly do it, but again, not important with P or P

Elite lounge - not for us

Captains circle party - again, not for us with P or P

I am a little confused by some of the responses as we are still enjoying the Elite amenities that you say are not offered. 

10 percent in shops - yes. It isn’t on sale items true, but it is good on all regularly priced items. 

Shore excursions - yes. 10 percent discount credited back to your onboard account.  

Priority Water Shuttle - yes. This is an amazing advantage in tender ports where it often takes hours for people without this perk to exit the ship. 

Laundry - yes. Our average turnaround is one day if we get it in before 9 am. Most we ever wait is 2 days, but that’s the exception. 

Afternoon tea - yes. Still available for in room delivery as long as you book in advance. Just enjoyed it on our Alaska cruise last week. 

Canapes - yes. Still delivered to your room in formal nights. You simply need to complete the order card provided by your room steward and hang it on the door the night before. 

Of course, everyone will value the Elite perks differently - we enjoy the wine tasting, 1/2 price wifi, minibar, and Elite lounge.  But by far the best benefits in our estimation are laundry and priority tendering. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

I am a little confused by some of the responses as we are still enjoying the Elite amenities that you say are not offered. 

10 percent in shops - yes. It isn’t on sale items true, but it is good on all regularly priced items. 

Shore excursions - yes. 10 percent discount credited back to your onboard account.  

Priority Water Shuttle - yes. This is an amazing advantage in tender ports where it often takes hours for people without this perk to exit the ship. 

Laundry - yes. Our average turnaround is one day if we get it in before 9 am. Most we ever wait is 2 days, but that’s the exception. 

Afternoon tea - yes. Still available for in room delivery as long as you book in advance. Just enjoyed it on our Alaska cruise last week. 

Canapes - yes. Still delivered to your room in formal nights. You simply need to complete the order card provided by your room steward and hang it on the door the night before. 

Of course, everyone will value the Elite perks differently - we enjoy the wine tasting, 1/2 price wifi, minibar, and Elite lounge.  But by far the best benefits in our estimation are laundry and priority tendering. 

I think the poster was referring to the benefits they use rather than them not being available. 

• Thanks 2

One of my complaints two years ago was not having the opportunity to order the canapes for formal nights. It was a 16-day cruise with three formal nights. On the third formal night, they delivered a small plate of ship-made chocolates. On our recent Emerald Princess cruise, we got the order form again.