So who is getting ready to book for 2026/27?

gordylad

2 hours ago, Josie201 said:

I put a hold on the 14 day June 2026 Norwegian Fjords/Arctic Circle in an SV.  I need a day or two to decide if the additional $3K over the Sky Princess is justified.  We prefer Celebrity, but $3K buys our airfare, pre cruise hotel and more.  And the Princess fare includes the Premium package. 

I did the same: sunset suite and sunset veranda...very pricey for both, but my DH said to get what I wanted.  Looks like Celebrity is going for our gold!

• Like 1

Yikes! Not cheap. Off the Ascent a couple of weeks ago and purchased a Future Cruise Certificate (reduced deposit and OBC thingy). Thought we just had to get back on the Ascent in Summer 2026.

Reviewing the Apex prices at approx £250 - £307 ($330-$407) a night for an IV with AI. This compares with the Sky Princess Med cruise in September 2026 already booked in a deluxe balcony with their AI Plus package at £171 ($227) a night. Both with military discount at 10%.

Okay I prefer the Ascent but not up to 80% more if prices are similar to the Apex fares. The Sky Princess is a great ship too.... and better drinks on the standard package.

• Like 1

We had a Transpacific booked for 4/26 (SYD-HNL) but changed it to a 9/26 (HNL-SYD) sailing. We had a Celebrity suite booked but was able to get a Royal Suite for the same price by rebooking for the later date, since we booked the 4/26 cruise fairly recently the prices were higher then first day pricing as expected. Now the very long wait for that cruise 

On 9/28/2024 at 11:11 AM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thank you!!! I had not realized the link earlier showed anything but the deployment dates. 🙂 I've got 2 I think I am going to decide between - Alaska or Norway.

We have an eight night to the Norwegian Fjords on the Apex but it’s for May of next year. After we booked they announced that it will be the President cruise. Not sure how that will change things. Norway looks beautiful. 

I’m starting to look at Explora. Reading mixed reviews but the cost is very close to X retreat prices. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, shoelover536 said:

For those that have done Norway, which itinerary do you find the best?  Would want Apex but even within that there are slight differences in ports.  Looking at 2026, 7 day cruises. TIA!

We did Apex last month on the Norwegian Fjords sailing. Had waited until Flam had reappeared on the itinerary as it hadn’t shown on any sailing since the restart. Scenery was spectacular, weather was mixed.Ship was awesome, staff were brilliant

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

Did everyone get the email this morning?  Very intrigued  by their Grand Voyage announcement, December 10 

https://www.travelgossip.co.uk/latestnews/celebrity-to-launch-first-grand-voyage-in-2026/

Thanks for sharing.  This is intriguing.  I don't have the time or interest in a world cruise, but is this their first?  I can't remember one, so you veterans out there will have to remind me when they had one before.

Two other points:

1) It's a definite contrast to all those short X sailings to Coco Cay

2) It's not on one of their smaller M-class ships.  I guess they expect it and its segments to sell well.  And maybe they're expecting to charter more of the M-class ships during that time period?  I know the Summit is a very popular charter option in the winter.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, virginconvert said:

I booked a SV on the 2026/09 transpacific HNL-SYD. I think I was first to book (all cabins were available and I booked and paid as soon as the booking went live yesterday) and it was priced lower than a Porthole. Just checked this morning and can see all SV have sold out! 

I know, what’s up with that? We were going to book a Jan 2027 Syd/NZ/Syd 23-day B2B on the Edge this afternoon. This morning practically all the aft-facing verandas were available. However, when we sat down after lunch to book it, there was not one SV available on either cruise. Pretty weird!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shoelover536 said:

For those that have done Norway, which itinerary do you find the best?  Would want Apex but even within that there are slight differences in ports.  Looking at 2026, 7 day cruises. TIA!

Find the one that does both Geiranger and Flam. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

With both HAL and Princess allowing vaping in the cabins,  Celebrity is back to the top of the list...

That’s not what I’m reading on their websites. Here’s Princess’ smoking policy

Stateroom Smoking Policy
Princess Cruises prohibits smoking or vaping of all types, including e-cigarettes, in guest staterooms and balconies. This reflects the preferences of a vast majority of our guests who value having their primary living space (both stateroom and balcony) smoke-free. As balconies are a hallmark of Princess Cruises, we believe it is important to keep this peaceful space clear of smoke. Violations to this policy will result in a $250 fine for each occurrence, which will be charged to the guest’s stateroom account. Keeping with the global trend toward more restrictive smoking policies and honoring the wishes of our guests, we feel this enhances our onboard experience.

https://www.princess.com/en-us/faq/onboard-experience

Here’s HAL’s Stateroom Smoking policy

Is smoking permitted on Holland America Line cruises?

Answer: For the comfort of all of our guests, all staterooms (cabins), lounges and most other indoor areas are designated non-smoking. No smoking of any kind will be permitted on any stateroom verandah.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en/us/faq/cruise-planning/general-information/smoking-policy

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

That’s not what I’m reading on their websites. Here’s Princess’ smoking policy

Stateroom Smoking Policy
Princess Cruises prohibits smoking or vaping of all types, including e-cigarettes, in guest staterooms and balconies. This reflects the preferences of a vast majority of our guests who value having their primary living space (both stateroom and balcony) smoke-free. As balconies are a hallmark of Princess Cruises, we believe it is important to keep this peaceful space clear of smoke. Violations to this policy will result in a $250 fine for each occurrence, which will be charged to the guest’s stateroom account. Keeping with the global trend toward more restrictive smoking policies and honoring the wishes of our guests, we feel this enhances our onboard experience.

https://www.princess.com/en-us/faq/onboard-experience

Here’s HAL’s Stateroom Smoking policy

Is smoking permitted on Holland America Line cruises?

Answer: For the comfort of all of our guests, all staterooms (cabins), lounges and most other indoor areas are designated non-smoking. No smoking of any kind will be permitted on any stateroom verandah.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en/us/faq/cruise-planning/general-information/smoking-policy

That is not what the cruise contracts say for HAL or Princess.  Here is one for Princess.  Princess customer service does not deny it either:

Thank you for your feedback. We will forward your concerns to management for consideration.

Danyelle P.
Guest Services

image.thumb.jpeg.45720cbff52b37a6c16d2c216c3768df.jpeg

Edited by NMTraveller

1 minute ago, NMTraveller said:

That is not what the cruise contracts say for HAL or Princess.  Here is one for Princess.  Princess customer service does not deny it either.

image.thumb.jpeg.45720cbff52b37a6c16d2c216c3768df.jpeg

Thanks. Good to know. It’s also good to know they are not allowed to vape on their balcony, as I really don’t care what they do within their cabin.

• Like 1