The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday October 2nd, 2024

Today is Guardian Angels Day, International Day of Non-violence, and Name Your Car Day

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one.“ C.S. Lewis.

Meal Suggestion for today - Maple Pumpkin Pie Dip
Drink of the Day - Itchy Bitchy Smelly Nelly
Wine of the Day - Pirathon By Kalleske Shiraz
Destination of the Day - Portree (Isle of Skye), Scotland, United Kingdom

Today in History:
1789 George Washington transmits the proposed Constitutional amendments (The United States Bill of Rights) to the States for ratification

Ship Locations

Eurodam --- 7 days, round-trip Alaska Explorer
Sitka, Alaska  ?   0800-1600  

Koningsdam --- 7 days, round-trip Alaska Inside Passage
Glacier Bay, Alaska ?   0700-1600  

Nieuw Amsterdam --- 5 days, one-way from Vancouver to San Diego
San Francisco, California   0800-2300  

Nieuw Statendam --- 14 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Piraeus-Athens
Port Said, Egypt   0600-1900  

Noordam --- 14 days, one-way from Vancouver to Yokohama
Juneau, Alaska   1200 -10-02  

Oosterdam --- 11 days, round-trip Venetian Dalmatian Delight
Zadar, Croatia   0800-1700  

Rotterdam --- 14 days, round-trip Jewels Of The Baltic
Warnemunde, Germany   0700-2200  

Volendam --- 7 days, one-way from Boston to Montreal
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island   0700-1600  

Zaandam --- 51 days, round-trip Tales Of The South Pacific
At Sea Destination Nawiliwili (Kauai), Hawaii   eta 10-06  

Zuiderdam --- 7 days, one-way from Quebec City to Boston
Sydney, Nova Scotia   0800-1600  

Eastern Hemisphere

Westerdam --- 53 days, round-trip Majestic Japan
At Sea Destination Ishigaki, Japan   eta 10-04

image.thumb.png.df389beb59d8d70749c0b1226c21a546.png

image.thumb.png.657be54295f0ce336e67d638a3d8c603.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 23

Good morning friends!  I have a temperature of 63F this a.m. and expect we will rise to 84 with sunny skies today.  Still rather warm.

There is a bit of uncertainty on the Fleet locations today.  Noordam is heading north from Ketchikan and AIS reports it is going to Juneau at perhaps noon.  Eurodam passengers related it would go to Endicott Arm today but on the maps they have passed it by already.  Koningsdam is the furthest north on the second map and is heading who knows where?  Icy Strait Point, Glacier Bay?  Guess they will keep us in suspense for a while.  Sorry I can't be more helpful at this early hour.

Thanks Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday, Oct. 2.  I'm a fan of guardian angels and agree with non-violence but have never named a car.  Nice quote today.  I can't wait to see this dip recipe!  I do NOT like the name of the drink today so can't see myself ordering one.  No on the Shiraz.  This was an important date in U.S. history.  Can hardly wait to see what Debbie @dfishDixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard have to say about the food and beverages today!  Thanks ladies!

Prayers for Annie and Chuck, Roy, Tana and Terry, Nancy’s DB Nick, Joy’s DS Bonnie, Melisa and her DH, Ann and Pat, Dixie, Elizabeth, Terry and Jim, Carol and Sam, Debbie and anyone else in need of them.  Also for my DB, the people of Israel especially now as they are under attack by 4 sets of enemies, those in Ukraine, and our troops in a war zone.  Prayers too for all impacted by Helene and in need of major help.  For those celebrating special occasions today, cruising, and even preparing to cruise, congratulations!  Enjoy!  Thanks once again Vanessa @JazzyV for the Care and Celebration lists, especially while enjoying a New England/Canada cruise!

The port today is Portree, Isle of Skye, Scotland UK.  I was lucky enough to stop there once and it was lovely.  This was the port of the day before on Sept. 6, 2022 and Oct. 7, 2023 (a sad day in history).  I’ll post the links, and my photos right after.

I saw the cutest photo of newlywed Christopher stressing out in their cabin waiting for their luggage to arrive. 😬 He’s learned you can’t count on it every time.  This time the luggage did arrive before sailing.  Today they are in Naples so it should be fun to see their tour pics.

Please, everyone have a good day, stay safe and keep well!🙂

• Like 24
  • Thanks 11

Good morning Dailyites and thank you for the Daily Report!

It's a nice cool muggy (98% humidity) morning here in SC at 70 degrees with a forecasted high of 84. The pollen count is very high with no chance of rain.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! 

20231104_055319.jpg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 4

We spent a lovely day in Portree in 2019 on our beloved Prinsendam.  

What a wonderful last cruise (for us) that was!  We saw many smaller towns as is usual with a small ship.  The weather was outstanding!  Here's a photo of a tender boat heading into shore.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLQWzq5Ii6hgrN6Aame5TfR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558789926

I liked the colorful houses lined up along the slopes of the village.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVInTx-1ZLij0xgSdHl4UuJk?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794583

We enjoyed our stroll along the winding streets.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKnMj_l1la5AN8rT9ZSox21?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790015

The Visitor Center

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIf6l2x3sV8J5FpMVz6pZAw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790031

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJzb33skE-apfFoNLtt7qIY?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794588

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIuf4Pc_NNTEzJ3md1EdTMj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790059

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ3gZQg_DYkAPa0ZJkS3Vji?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790069

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJG3iQThtAg5KVDeUhil2Xl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790067

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJDgr1_9qTfn0ash5kv8L1R?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790085

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKA7kVUEQ-bO-D4HISzVrVR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790130

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKdFxrLtd1CC2qtaKKyrCvb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790040

Check out that bench

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLPHIorm6ZLiIuf16Pd_wFU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794607

Your typical castle turret hidden up the hill.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJJz4D3p_ZmfGH2Op7Y6VDg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790158

Loved this view of the Prinsendam outside the harbor.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJGyNiy42v9hIulFFiKDGR_?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790121

Heading back to the tender dock we spotted these men sorting fresh caught crab.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIZubVuIzRKsbS7y8PRhHQ2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790151

some photos from the tender ride back

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIrkjU7jbc-s5bv8vdeWJ3t?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790480

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL1gHrU3nAOxuDKFeIYNOhJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790472

Loved our time spent in Portree!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 10

Good morning and thank you Sandi @StLouisCruisers for bringing us today's daily reports.

Father David mentioned our Guardian Angels in his sermon on Sunday.

Non violence should be everyday unless you are using Self defence.

We have named several cars over the years.

I will pass on today's food and strangely named Drink of the day.

I dropped Pauline and an old retired work friend of hers at our local retail park and got myself a breakfast to eat overlooking the rough looking North sea.

I hope everyone is safe and well and prayers 🙏 for our friends who are unwell.

IMG_20241002_110140.jpg

IMG_20241002_110406.jpg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 2

Today’s Care List:

Rafinmd (Roy) hopefully to rehab yesterday

Mr. Boston’s DM’s brother Henry with possible stroke

Ottahand7’s DB Nick in rehab, doing better

StLouisCruisers with a health issue, upcoming biopsy

Kazu with items missing from move, vision problems and leg pain

Nickelpenny having a family emergency

Heat, Fires and Storms across the US. Those in the path of Helene

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, weakness, poor appetite

Hal Sailer diagnosed with lymphoma

Vict0riann’s cleaning lady Leanne dx’d with esophageal cancer

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

StLouisCruisers doing a great job posting the Daily in Rich’s absence

Crazing Terri’s DH Jim not needing a tooth extraction

Vict0riann’s DH Pat post heart valve replacement 9/24, now home

Kazu moved into new home

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

7 days for Denise T (NCL Sky Oct 9 to Oct 19) 10d Canada & NE: Bar Harbor, Halifax

TAW1963 (Eurodam to Oct 5) 7d Alaska Explorer, Haljo1935 (Eurodam to Oct 5) 7d Alaska Explorer – celebrating 35th anniversary, Doobieb (Oosterdam to Oct 10) 11d Venetian & Dalmation Delight, JazzyV (Celebrity Eclipse to Oct 11) 11d Boston, Maine & Canada, Richwmn (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan, Seasick Sailor (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan – celebrating her birthday and their 33rd wedding anniversary, USN59-79 (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan and Gail & Marty sailing away (Rotterdam to Oct 27) 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 24

Itchy Bitchy Smelly Nelly cocktail:

Introducing the enigmatic "Itchy Bitchy Smelly Nelly" cocktail - a name that intrigues and flavors that captivate. This concoction defies conventions, blending Coconut Rum, Melon Liquor, Sour Mix, Orange Juice, and Lemon Lime Soda into a symphony of taste that surprises and delights. With its unconventional combination of ingredients, this cocktail promises a playful journey for the palate, offering a refreshingly unique experience that's bound to become a talking point at any gathering.
Ingredients:
1 oz. orange juice
1.5 oz. coconut rum
1/2 oz. midair
1 oz. sweet and sour mix
2 oz. lemon lime soda
Directions:
In a shaker with ice cubes add the Coconut Rum, Melon Liquor, Sweet & Sour Mix, and Orange Juice.
Give the mixture a vigorous shake for about 10-15 seconds, ensuring the flavors meld together perfectly.
Fill a glass with ice cubes and strain the shaken mixture into the glass.
Top off the cocktail with Lemon Lime Soda, allowing it to gently fizz and mingle with the other ingredients.

Screenshot 2024-10-02 at 6.21.12 AM.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 20

9 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Today’s Care List:

From the Rotation:

Kazu moved into new home

7 days for Denise T (NCL Sky Oct 9 to Oct 19) 10d Canada & NE: Bar Harbor, Halifax

TAW1963 (Eurodam to Oct 5) 7d Alaska Explorer, Haljo1935 (Eurodam to Oct 5) 7d Alaska Explorer – celebrating 35th anniversary, Doobieb (Oosterdam to Oct 10) 11d Venetian & Dalmation Delight, JazzyV (Celebrity Eclipse to Oct 11) 11d Boston, Maine & Canada, Richwmn (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan, Seasick Sailor (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan – celebrating her birthday and their 33rd wedding anniversary, USN59-79 (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan and Gail & Marty sailing away (Rotterdam to Oct 27) 

Thanks Vanessa for adding me to the Celebrations list.  You are so kind!  I see you have a nice large font today, too.  I'm sure most of us will appreciate it.😉

• Like 29

12 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Today’s Care List:

From the Rotation:

Kazu moved into new home

Thank you for today's lists Vanessa from Celebrity Eclipse.

I hope you are having an amazing time.

I have a COVID and flu vaccine tomorrow at my doctor's 

• Like 26

21 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We spent a lovely day in Portree in 2019 on our beloved Prinsendam.  

What a wonderful last cruise (for us) that was!  We saw many smaller towns as is usual with a small ship.  The weather was outstanding!  Here's a photo of a tender boat heading into shore.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLQWzq5Ii6hgrN6Aame5TfR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558789926

I liked the colorful houses lined up along the slopes of the village.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVInTx-1ZLij0xgSdHl4UuJk?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794583

We enjoyed our stroll along the winding streets.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKnMj_l1la5AN8rT9ZSox21?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790015

The Visitor Center

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIf6l2x3sV8J5FpMVz6pZAw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790031

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJzb33skE-apfFoNLtt7qIY?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794588

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIuf4Pc_NNTEzJ3md1EdTMj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790059

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ3gZQg_DYkAPa0ZJkS3Vji?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790069

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJG3iQThtAg5KVDeUhil2Xl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790067

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJDgr1_9qTfn0ash5kv8L1R?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790085

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKA7kVUEQ-bO-D4HISzVrVR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790130

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKdFxrLtd1CC2qtaKKyrCvb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790040

Check out that bench

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLPHIorm6ZLiIuf16Pd_wFU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794607

Your typical castle turret hidden up the hill.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJJz4D3p_ZmfGH2Op7Y6VDg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790158

Loved this view of the Prinsendam outside the harbor.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJGyNiy42v9hIulFFiKDGR_?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790121

Heading back to the tender dock we spotted these men sorting fresh caught crab.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIZubVuIzRKsbS7y8PRhHQ2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790151

some photos from the tender ride back

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIrkjU7jbc-s5bv8vdeWJ3t?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790480

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL1gHrU3nAOxuDKFeIYNOhJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790472

Loved our time spent in Portree!

It is lovely to see photos of a port we have never been to especially with descriptions too.

Thank you for posting them Sandi.

• Like 20

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It is lovely to see photos of a port we have never been to especially with descriptions too.

Thank you for posting them Sandi.

You're welcome Graham.  I really enjoyed Portree.  It was one of the ports we missed this summer on Zuiderdam due to shuffling the schedule for bad weather in the area.  We pushed our Stornoway stop one day later and skipping Portree. I was wanting to explore it a little further.  I hope you get there some day!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Happy Wednesday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

7 days to go! Got an email from NCL about some port time changes. No big deal. One hour less time in Boston. Otherwise, I am all set to go. Winding down things for work so I will have to do less of it. Also keeping an eye on the weather. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Happy Wednesday! Have a purrfect day! - First World Cat Problems Meme ...

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone.  Thank-you for the daily report and all of the interesting information to get our days’ started.  Three nice days to recognize today, guardian angels help to protect us from ourselves, I wish every day excluded violence.  I would name our 21 year old Toyota Highlander “Endurance”.

Thank-you everyone for your kind thoughts yesterday about my uncle.  While we did not ultimately get to see him we did get to have lunch with his wife and got the full rundown.  He did have a stroke and finally got admitted to the hospital after spending the night in the emergency room.  It’s sad but due to his advanced dementia his wife said that he probably would not have recognized my mother.

I like the quote very much.  I think I would pass on both the meal and drink suggestions.  Not sure that I could ever order something that sounded like that!

I haven’t been to the port.

Prayers for those in need of them.  Cheers to those of you who are celebrating happy events today!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good evening from the beautiful Westerdam. 

I had a great day in Nagasaki! If you read Rich's live from, I spent every yen I had, thinking possibly we wouldn't make the next few Japan ports due to typhoon.  Welp, Captain Mark said we will try to make Ishigaki but will be better at a decision tomorrow. 

Tomorrow is a sea day, and the last night we will be eating in Pinnacle Grill, as it turns into Tamarind for the rest of the cruise.

I have been in prayer for each of you on our prayer list. Thank you Vanessa for keeping watch over all of us. And Sandi, you make a lovely, sweet prayer for all of us and the world. 

Also Sandi, you are doing an amazing job on our Daily and thank you SO much for stepping in for Rich.

Sending each of you a blessing. 

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Thank you for today’s FR&D, Sandi & Rich! We had some wild T-storms yesterday evening & night. And more rain. I hope they removed the humidity. It was gross yesterday afternoon. It was bearable on the East - West roads where the ocean breezes helped a bit, but on the North - South roads it was horrible. My eyebrows were dripping sweat on to my sunglasses. A first - and hopefully a last. 

Vanessa, hope you & BFF are enjoying yourselves & your leg is not painful. Thank you for taking care of us!

Gym, Bindi walks, chores, starting to pull together my next donation, and prepping for this weekend. My good friend’s brother is visiting from Seattle for a couple of days and I am going to try to spend as much time as possible with them. 

IMG_3526.jpeg.965717bb9ba5a2839c93f81374661ed3.jpeg

IMG_3532.jpeg.1990f89e3096b7b7bf2263d4c21cfe5a.jpeg

IMG_3531.jpeg.6bce9b347916dc1d9e00f2540a8cd33d.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Praying for Tana and her feistiness, Terry & DB, Melisa & DH, Chuck & Annie, Roy, Jacqui, Pat & Ann, Sandi & DB, Nancy’s DB - Nick, Elizabeth, Vanessa, Dixie, Jane & Tony, Sam, Terri &  Jim, and all our caregivers. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating! I think the Dailyites are in this category, since @Nickelpenny has been found!

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Pirathon Silver label Shiraz 2018

If you are lucky enough to live in Australia or New Zealand, or are visiting either Country, you might want to try this award winning wine. Sadly it is very elusive for the rest of the world. I used the new name & 2018 vintage info, since that might still be available. It seems reasonably priced, and one distributor offered free shipping - if you live in Sydney, Australia! Online prices started at $29.99.

Winemaker’s notes

Pirathon is an ancient word for pinnacle and we believe Shiraz is the pinnacle grape of  

the Barossa and that the north-western Barossa is the pinnacle sub-appellation for  

Shiraz. Pirathon Silver Label Shiraz is a full-bodied wine encompassing the great  

flavour, texture and structure of the north-western Barossa. Higher altitude, gullies,  

hills, slopes, and undulations provide different topographies, microclimates and  

individualistic parcels of grapes with unique flavours and characters from their own  

site.  

We work with dedicated high-quality growers in the north-western Barossa, many of whom have been growing grapes here for generations. Pirathon Silver Label Shiraz  

showcases and celebrates the pinnacle north-western Barossa region and pinnacle  

Barossa grape with a complex and distinguished wine.  

GROWING SEASON  

The 2018 Barossa Valley growing season started off well, with winter rainfall around  

10% higher than average ensuring soil profiles were full. Spring saw moderate rainfall  

with a warmer than average October and November allowing vine canopies to grow  

quickly. Weather conditions allowed for good flowering and fruit set which resulted in  

good bunch numbers.  

January and early February were hot and dry in particular night time temperatures which were well above average causing the slowing down of ripening. After February 9 the season changed to an Indian Summer with dry conditions continuing but temperatures much more moderate with only two days reaching 35 C. This led to perfect harvest conditions allowing each block to ripen slowly. Yields were down due to the small berry size, but this led to wines with amazing colour and flavour concentration.  

VINEYARD  

The grapes were harvested from the low-yielding vineyards of traditional family growers in the north-western Barossa districts of Moppa, Belvidere, Koonunga, Ebenezer & Light Pass. Each vineyard adds its own exclusive dimension to Pirathon Shiraz and combined they produce the ultimate blend.  

WINEMAKING  

Each vineyard was harvested at optimal maturity across a period from early 2018 to early 2019. Following harvest, each individual lot of grapes was crushed into a separate open top fermenter. During fermentation, hand pump-overs gently  

extracted colour and flavour from the grapes. After 7-12 days on skins the fermented grapes were pressed with a traditional press. The wines were then filled to new and seasoned American, French and Hungarian oak hogsheads for maturation for eighteen months before each lot of wine was racked from the barrel and carefully  

blended. The wine was bottled without fining, ensuring the true expression of the vineyards in the bottle.  

TASTING NOTES  

Pirathon Silver Shiraz 2018 is Deep red with violet hues with a nose that is at once complex, savoury oak flavours of cloves, toast and warm spices intertwined with black fruits and a sarsaparilla like lift. It has a rich and inviting palate, upfront dark fruits in the blood plum and blackberry mould meld around assertive ripe tannins. With air,  

savoury characters come to the fore with black olive tapenade, nutmeg and cured Barossa meats. Oak maturation is noticeable giving clear structural and textual elements with a long and expressive flavour profile that will continue to evolve with careful cellaring.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 3

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Cool and clear this morning, only 8°C (46°F).  Bertie and I had a peaceful walk.  I'm not sure what's on the agenda for today, I've got lots to do, but who knows what will get done.

I like the quote.

I'll pass on the meal and the drink but I'll try the wine.

Prayers for so many.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

We were in Portree last year on the Zuiderdam, I wonder if I can find pictures?

Have a terrific day.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

Good hump day morning.  Thanks for the daily Sandi and Rich. Three good days and I have named my big red pickup "Big Red".   A wonderful quote by CS Lewis.  Thanks for the lovely photos of Portree Sandi and you had perfect weather.   I'll pass on the meal and the weird cocktail but the Shiraz sounds wonderful.  Thanks for researching these for us each day.  

Thanks for the cares and celebrations reports Vanessa.   I hope you are enjoying your cruise accompanied by beautiful weather.  It was wonderful to reD you were moved to rehab yesterday Roy!  Next step home!  Prayers for Jacqui that she can get some relief from her foot pain. Continuing prayers for Tana and Terry, Chuck and Annie, Jim and Terri, Sandi and her DB, Bonnie, Melissa, Pat, Le Ann and everyone else who are ailing or grieving.  Prayers for all in war zones.  

I have my second garden club meeting today.  We are meeting to tour our local community college food innovation center and have lunch cooked by the students in the culinary program.  I will be pretty close to DBs rehab so will visit him too.  Dinner out somewhere today too.  Have a wonderful Wednesday.  Nancy 

• Like 26
  • Thanks 5

Good morning, everyone!

Wow, did it get chilly last night!  It is currently 39F, but we are promised sunny skies and a high near 70.  Sounds good to me.  Last night was another mostly sleepless night.  I didn't get to sleep until almost 2 am.  I forced myself up this morning hoping I can get to sleep tonight.  Nothing planned beyond a trip to the gym.  

Today's meal is more of a snack than a meal.  I suppose if one wanted to they could substitute this in for a meal.  It is really easy to make according to this first recipe.  Maple Pumpkin Dip

maplepumpkindip1.thumb.jpg.713147db9762670e59183354bc4a84eb.jpg

This next recipe is similar but also uses brown sugar to help sweeten the dip mix.  Cheesecake Pumpkin Maple Dip

Maplepumpkindip2.thumb.jpg.a378c9521ea1c04e0b46fcb84e16396b.jpg

And this one uses some powdered sugar.  You could almost make a frosting.  Maple Pumpkin Fruit Dip

maplepumpkindip3.thumb.jpg.7ae4895f94fef0176e18ac1a5c20ca38.jpg

I think any of these would be great to take to a party.  

Ok, I am going to try to get warm and hit the gym!  Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 13

Here's an update on positions of Eurodam, Koningsdam and Noordam, several hours after the Fleet Locations were posted this morning.  Current time is 0830 Eastern Time.

Eurodam was heading south and had passed by Endicott Arm.  Now it has turned around and could be going back there.  Tracy Arm is also in the vicinity.

image.thumb.png.a689bc0f9999aeb9eab1a7a9a62f3431.png

Koningsdam this morning had left Juneau and taken another direction, heading into the area of Icy Strait Point, Glacier Bay, etc.  Juneau is on the far right.  So far it's not turning port to Icy Strait Point but who knows?

image.thumb.png.e4c4457e24772877791bdcf9dca5dad7.png

Noordam still could be heading to Juneau.  There are numerous possibilities.  The destination now shown on Cruisemapper says Juneau with a time of 2000 on Oct. 2.

image.thumb.png.b2358b6b626730fc66d2574a47d2a0b0.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 10

Good Wednesday Morning Dailyites! It is sunny out, but not yet down in the "hollar"  As i posted last night, the evening hours were a bit weird, they didnt get any better.  Up until 1:30.

When I went to walk the dog last night, I forgot to lock up the Collard on the porch, so he followed me across the street,  but Roofus followed him.  This morning,  Collard who followed me home, (apparently I belong to him)  was in the car port, but there is no sign of Roofus. He ran off on the way back across the street, and I thought he would follow, but apparently headed towards the creek.

My jeep that does not work at this time, and will either be donated, or trashed, was named Puddles.  I was Puddles the Pond Person when I worked at the garden center in the 2000-2003 years. I wrote a weekly Pond Care letter, that I would print out, and leave by the register.  Even the license plate is PUDDLES.  But I drive DH's jeep now, and he had no name, so I named the black jeep Sid Carter after a character in the Father Brown series.  Sid "Car"ter.

I have always said I wanted to visit the Isle of Skye.  As you know I am adopted, and wanted to know where I came from.  Over all I am 50% Scandinavian, but my people traveled (DH calls me a Viking) and Isle of Skye is in my blood too.  Last week I got a notice from Ancestry that they found one of my relatives on the Isle of Skye.  They showed a picture of my great grandmother, last name McLaughlin, and she was on born on the Isle of Skye.  Apparently lived there when she got the vote for the first time (for women), and they took a picture of her.  So all those years of wanting to go there, meant I actually belonged there?

The BioLab plume is still affecting the air, and still pluming away.

1ed35a65-6f0c-45dc-a0b5-16cebe8e12c3_1140x641.jpg

Victoria BC

image.thumb.jpeg.82d9cbf07b343c5e54b25a6060290ce8.jpeg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3