Aqua Class

NHCRUISIN

Hi,

Just booked a Concierge category room for a 7 day cruise in Caribean, noticed the Aqua Class rooms were only $50 more pp.....is it worth it? what does it offer you that Concierge doesn't ?

Don

I would grab it in a second. Aqua gives you all the concierge perks plus your own restaurant Blu which is like eating in a specialty restaurant every night.

Blu! AQ have their own dining room - Blu - which is definitely a perk in my view. The food is more to our task, less salt, sugar etc, smaller portions, but still delicious. Plus being a smaller room it is much quieter. The other perks include the Relaxation Lounge at the front of the ship which is nice but you can probably live without it. Also, free access to the Persian Garden steam/sauna area. Again, this depends on whether this is something you would use. The other good benefit in my opinion is free daily water unless you have a drink package in which case it makes no difference. The only downside is that depending on which ship you are on the location sometimes is not so good - far forward or far aft. If the price is right I would do it.

YES! Blu is soooo much nicer than MDR. I have not found the portions to be smaller, just more freshly plated and opportunity to request modification such as having the scalloped potatoes offered with the veal chop but having with the steak instead. MDR getting a switch up is a real hassle for the waiter but not so much in Blu as it is a much smaller venue.

Only reason we sail Celebrity is for BLU! Of course we have only sailed Celebrity once,lol But we love BLU as we love the smaller setting and we are not an overly social couple, so don't wish to be sat with others in the MDR,lol Just like to chill. And of course we love the service and the food! We tend to sit in the same area, so the BLU staff knew what we liked. Did not thin the actual Aqua rooms were anything special..the shower with the extra nozzles was nice. Don't care about the extra captains club points, soley like it for BLU!

Grab it and enjoy. We sail AQUA on every cruise. We have never had a bad room location and love, love the shower. BLU is so awesome and even if portions are smaller, you can order as many items as you choose to enjoy. The service is so much better and after first night they usually know who you are and what you prefer. Go for it as the price is definitely right.

Another plus for Aqua Class involves the Solarium pool. If you use it or the sauna/ shower area frequently, there is a spiral staircase directly to that area from the AQ cabins near the front of the ship. No worries about a fancy cover-up or walking outside after you finish. I believe with AQ you also get a lock, robe and slippers in the pool/ shower area by showing your room card. Both times our cabin was directly adjacent to this stairway and I often went for a swim, a shower and did my hair while my husband napped in the cabin. I could then do my makeup and dress for dinner while he showered or watch the sail away from the Relaxation room while enjoying a cup of tea if I did't want to wake him. The Relaxation room door can only be opened with an AQ class stateroom key, or by the spa attendant. I rarely had anyone in there with me during the sail away.

We recently chose an AQ cabin for our upcoming Baltic cruise. Then, we were upgraded to a Sky Suite near the aft of the ship. I am not that sure that eating in Luminae will be worth giving up the AQ perks that I enjoy, like direct access to the pool eating every night in Blue, and enjoying the solitude of the Relaxation room. But since I would never pay suite rates, I'll soon see what we will be missing in the future!

We tried Aqua once

Not impressed with Blu menu except loved breakfast

Location not good -- noisy cabin with big bar blocking view

Persian gardens hot crowded room did not use

Don't want to be negative but thought I would love it & didn't

Just another viewpoint

Happy sailing

Wouldn't do it again at any price

Like concierge cabins

Relaxation room is not available on the M class ships, only S class. Persian gardens is on all the ships. Just so there is no confusion, Solarium pool is open to everyone over the age of 16 irregardless of category.

Edited by dkjretired

There are some undesirable AQUA cabins---which are the ones under the gym and a few other places--take a look at the S Cabin Spreadsheet on the main page. We prefer to book the aqua 2 rooms back aft! I know 1648 was quiet! We have 1650 this August!

I think the relaxation room is available to all, isn't it? I've been in there many times in all classes of rooms, since the beginning of the S class ships. Love it, never had anyone look at my key, just walked in, got some of that great citrus-infused water, and had a great view while reading or stitching.

All the people waiting for a spa treatment fill out their forms and wait in there.

I think the relaxation room is available to all, isn't it? I've been in there many times in all classes of rooms, since the beginning of the S class ships. Love it, never had anyone look at my key, just walked in, got some of that great citrus-infused water, and had a great view while reading or stitching.

All the people waiting for a spa treatment fill out their forms and wait in there.

Relaxation room is supposed to be for AQ patrons and those waiting for spa treatments. On my cruises however it was not enforced. When I said its not available on M class ships, I mean they don't have them on those ships.

Edited by dkjretired

Easily worth the $50.

Other than cabin location and an additional 2 cc points per night, I don't really see the point of concierge class. For just a bit more you'll see a genuine better experience from an ordinary balcony room.

Agree with all the previous good comments about Blu. However, check the location of the cabin as compared to the one you already have: if you are comfortable with it, go for it.

Be careful, the A1 cabins on both sides of deck 11 on M-class ships have smaller balconies and no room for foot stools; however, the 5 aft A1 cabins on the same deck 11 have oversize balconies but are probably already taken; if one becomes available, jump on it!

There are some undesirable AQUA cabins---which are the ones under the gym and a few other places--take a look at the S Cabin Spreadsheet on the main page. We prefer to book the aqua 2 rooms back aft! I know 1648 was quiet! We have 1650 this August!

We do exactly the same thing. Not only are these cabins less expensive but we prefer to location surrounded by other cabins rather then being under the pool deck. We also prefer the extra deck overhead since it gives us more space from that ugly overhang.

Hank

The price is real good but be careful about location as some of the AQ rooms are among the least desirable on the ship. See what is above you! Or bring ear plugs.

As for dining in Blu, it is NOT a specialty restaurant. Not even close. However, it is a smaller dining venue with real good service. There are fewer nightly options than the MDR but you will usually find something that you will enjoy.

Hi,

Just booked a Concierge category room for a 7 day cruise in Caribean, noticed the Aqua Class rooms were only $50 more pp.....is it worth it? what does it offer you that Concierge doesn't ?

Don

We would take AQ without second thought. We like A2 location better.

Hi,

Don

Which ship....advice may be different on M-class ships than S-class ships.

I think it does vary from ship to ship. We had a great A2 room on the Reflection--very close to mid ship- on the aft side, cabin above and cabin below.

On the Summit, unfortunately this isn't the case, but we picked an A2 cabin as it seemed "the best of the worst"-- Under the carpeted part of buffet upstairs.

If we weren't sailing during the summer, I think we would have given up Blu and pcked a concierge class cabin that had our usual "cabin above and below" routine. Alot of people like the A1 location on 11th deck-- too windy for us, though, so A2 still worked out better.

We prefer the quiet Blu--my dh makes use of Persian Gardins- practically dailly-

There will be much less kids in Blu, espescially now that the suites have their own dining room.