Keeping track of cruises taken?

Knighton

Can anyone recommend an app that can keep track of cruises you've taken? It would be nice to save it somewhere to refer to.

I just have a list of them (word document). I add the cruises as I book them.

My husband has set up an excel page to track port excursions/entertainment on the various cruises we've taken.

First of all, the cruise lines will keep track of your cruises through their loyalty program once you join. Or you can just set up a file on your computer matched to your pictures from the cruises. Not sure that there is an app - or frankly if one would be necessary - for that. I guess you could always google it......

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I use an Excel spreadsheet. I have a separate sheet for each cruise where I list all the costs and make notes. All the sheets link to a summary sheet so I can compare costs in various different ways.

I use ShipMate. It's in the App Store. All you need is the sail date and ship (I too have saved all my key cards). You plug that in and it not only populates the detail and saves the info, there are a lot of other cool features. It will even let you enter cruises on ships that have retired

One feature I like is a spot to take 6 photos of the cabin and save for each sailing. There is also a chat and a roll call section, if one is interested in that.

I use ShipMate. It's in the App Store. All you need is the sail date and ship (I too have saved all my key cards). You plug that in and it not only populates the detail and saves the info, there are a lot of other cool features. It will even let you enter cruises on ships that have retired

One feature I like is a spot to take 6 photos of the cabin and save for each sailing. There is also a chat and a roll call section, if one is interested in that.

Thanks that's exactly what I needed! It's perfect. There's one ship not listed cuz they sold it (which isn't bad out of 37 cruises)so I sent a message to see how to make that work.

I don't have an app and don't keep any written record either by hand or digitally. My wife has a world map with push pins in all the places we've been. That is pretty cool. Hmmm, it would be even cooler if we plotted the cruise routes too.

Thanks that's exactly what I needed! It's perfect. There's one ship not listed cuz they sold it (which isn't bad out of 37 cruises)so I sent a message to see how to make that work.

Did you try to manually enter it?

That;s how I got trips on the old X Galaxy, Marco Polo, and Oceanbreeze to show up on my list.

The support guy for the app is great, too, very responsive.

I don't have an app and don't keep any written record either by hand or digitally. My wife has a world map with push pins in all the places we've been. That is pretty cool. Hmmm, it would be even cooler if we plotted the cruise routes too.

Want a real conversation piece that outdoes a one dimensional map with pins? Google the "Here" globe from Palomar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Want a real conversation piece that outdoes a one dimensional map with pins? Google the "Here" globe from Palomar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I like this! I wish they had a larger size. The map my wife has is about 42" wide, so shows a lot of detail.

First of all, the cruise lines will keep track of your cruises through their loyalty program once you join. Or you can just set up a file on your computer matched to your pictures from the cruises. Not sure that there is an app - or frankly if one would be necessary - for that. I guess you could always google it......

Problem with that is that the 3 lines that I have the most cruises on have all messed up my history. On one I was on the same cruise on the same dates 3 times.

Problem with that is that the 3 lines that I have the most cruises on have all messed up my history. On one I was on the same cruise on the same dates 3 times.

I hope they gave you loyalty points for every one of them then.

I like this! I wish they had a larger size. The map my wife has is about 42" wide, so shows a lot of detail.

I also use a world map and add pins to all the different places we've travelled to. My map is 185cm x 122cm (73" x 48") available through National Geographic

As soon as I return Home I edit my photos taken on the cruise and then build a Photo Book that shows the date on end. Then file the book along with the other books that go back to our first cruise. The first photo in the book is the Log of the Cruise. The next two pages is a typed out line showing where we went, what we did, who me met, and what it cost.

Bob