Which ship has the nicest Diamond Lounge?

mafig

I

If you like sitting outside, the Freedom class ships have outside seating areas (when there aren't construction materials out there).

To me, it's not the room. It's the concierge and the servers, and of course, your fellow cruisers. These vary from cruise to cruise.

I was thinking about this point, but since Freedom made me Diamond and I haven't been back yet, but I loved the Diamond Lounge on the Voyager class that sounds similar.

Our first Diamond cruise was on Oasis, so that seems special to us.

I will add, while not a dedicated lounge, I enjoyed sunsets on Majesty.

To the OP, whichever ship you do go on. I think having the Diamond Happy Hour is another reason to enjoy eating dinner later. When the ship is crowded with Diamonds the DL can be very crowded when it opens up. If you get there about the time first seating dinner starts, it empties out a little bit.

We love the D lounge in Grandeur. Great view, lots of local people to interact with. Great hot Buffett and many drink servers with no waiting.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I do agree that Grandeur DL has a great AFT location with widows and views. If "nicest" is referring to location then hard to beat Grandeur! I do also like the Allure DL.

I do agree that Grandeur DL has a great AFT location with widows and views. If "nicest" is referring to location then hard to beat Grandeur! I do also like the Allure DL.

Are you looking for a wife?!?!?!?! [emoji15][emoji15][emoji79][emoji6][emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

hubby and i prefer the diamond lounges on freedom class ships (liberty, freedom and independence.) what we like are the large windows and fabulous views they offer. Restrooms are near by which are shared with the spacious public lounge next door. I really miss that great view in harmony's fourth floor closed in, windowless lounge. Oasis and allure did have the best lounges. I don't know if they still do because royal is changing that over to a restaurant. I surely do miss that great lounge that even served small lunches.

^ +1

We have found the one on Oasis to be very loud. We have preferred Radiance class DL`S

Sent from my SM-P550 using Forums mobile app

Also agree the DL on Oasis is very loud, and very..very crowded now that D+ have moved in with the D's upon losing the CL.

Currently on Brilliance. The DL has opened up every night to the entire VCL (no entry at night through key lock door and must go through VCL lounge door). It's nuts in there, and very tough to get served. We tried several times, gave up and left.

...Currently on Brilliance. The DL has opened up every night to the entire VCL (no entry at night through key lock door and must go through VCL lounge door). It's nuts in there, and very tough to get served. We tried several times, gave up and left.

Bummer! Always great to have the vouchers to use at the lounges/bars for times like what you are experiencing.:wine-glass::wine-glass: Enjoy.

Also agree the DL on Oasis is very loud, and very..very crowded now that D+ have moved in with the D's upon losing the CL.

Currently on Brilliance. The DL has opened up every night to the entire VCL (no entry at night through key lock door and must go through VCL lounge door). It's nuts in there, and very tough to get served. We tried several times, gave up and left.

We're you in Cozumel on Friday?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Had the same issue (slow service) on the Brilliance Medit. cruise. I simply walked a few feet and ordered our drinks from the VCL bar. No big deal.

Just FMI, is the outside area only accessible from the lounge or can others access it? Not been diamond on that class before.

On Voyager class (VOS & EOS that we've been on), there is an entry directly to the outside area from outside on the deck below thru a gate that has a sign saying something like Diamond Club Members only. You can enter from there without swiping, but have not seen anyone do it.

On Voyager class (VOS & EOS that we've been on), there is an entry directly to the outside area from outside on the deck below thru a gate that has a sign saying something like Diamond Club Members only. You can enter from there without swiping, but have not seen anyone do it.

On explorer in alaska this june, people walked up the stairs a few times. There were so few d and d+ onboard that chris (the concierge) was able to advise people that it was the diamond lounge.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Bummer! Always great to have the vouchers to use at the lounges/bars for times like what you are experiencing.:wine-glass::wine-glass: Enjoy.

Thanks! But we simply went back over to the CL and got served there. Was nice in there after 6:00 (early seating pax leaving).

We're you in Cozumel on Friday?

Yes, and then to Costa Maya on Saturday. Just days before that horrible bus accident. So sad.

Saw Oasis sitting next to us...wow...nice viewing angle from the deck of Brilliance! Figured you and Laura were on board, but no way to know which direction to wave to you. ;)

You would have spotted me fast. Bucky was pushing me around in a wheel chair on deck, broke my foot that twisted out from under me on uneven flooring in the CL first night of the cruise. :( Island Lady then did a most unlady like "spat". Not the way you want to start a cruise.

Had the same issue (slow service) on the Brilliance Medit. cruise. I simply walked a few feet and ordered our drinks from the VCL bar. No big deal.

Many pax on our cruise were doing that also, including my DH. He waited in line at the VCL circle bar to get our drinks for 15 minutes, I finally waved him off and we went back to the CL. :(

Yes, and then to Costa Maya on Saturday. Just days before that horrible bus accident. So sad.

Saw Oasis sitting next to us...wow...nice viewing angle from the deck of Brilliance! Figured you and Laura were on board, but no way to know which direction to wave to you. ;)

You would have spotted me fast. Bucky was pushing me around in a wheel chair on deck, broke my foot that twisted out from under me on uneven flooring in the CL first night of the cruise. :( Island Lady then did a most unlady like "spat". Not the way you want to start a cruise.

We were up in the SL/CK looking at this little ship next to us. Usually Liberty is there. Sorry about you splat. Didn't you fall on Serenaded this spring?

We were up in the SL/CK looking at this little ship next to us. Usually Liberty is there. Sorry about you splat. Didn't you fall on Serenaded this spring?

No, slip and fall on greasy floor in WJ on Rhapsody over a year ago, but just sprain on that one.

This one has the full break...and just HAD to be on first night of the cruise. :(

Still planning on doing my new "hobble" crutches walk on Jewel on the 7th. :eek:;)