Poor charter behavior on Vision

For the gay charters, we have to follow all the same rules as the general public sailings including no public sex. Seems unreasonable to me then that charters like the swingers cruises or this one would allow public sex since Royal Caribbean should be setting the rules regardless of the charter company.

If it was a charter there wouldn’t be any real passengers, would there??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Then what are they robots? "a traveler on a public or private conveyance other than the driver, pilot, or crew."

LOL - This was a PRIVATE charter booked for the SOLE purpose of partying so why would there be any surprise that was what was occurring? There was no "orgy" going on in public. Rather, ONE cruiser DESCRIBED it as IF that was the case. Basically, it was their way of saying that they felt it was a bit wilder than they expected. Nothing but hyperbole. I don't know for certain but I would expect that the rules on drugs are significantly different for ships in international waters so... perhaps the drugs are actually not regulated so... just another nothing-burger.

When did I describe "Orgy?' Wow, better reread what I said! Poster made comment about Royal revenue and I joked back(obviously): ....."Maybe Royal offered a Drug package that's like Alcohol package. A Pot package, COKE package. But nice, have a 3 week TA on Vision coming up, now I'll have these images in my head when I board"......

Edited by ONECRUISER

The article clearly says Royal has a zero tolerance policy on drugs though and its very true. They likely kick people off their ships every week for it. Several years ago, we all got to read about a guy that got kicked off Freedom the same day he boarded for what was supposedly "hookah tobacco" because he tried to hide it in a secret compartment of a hair spray can or something similar. I was on that cruise. Our whole roll call wondered what happened to this couple. We didnt know until the cruise was over and the lady guest came here to complain about it lol. She didnt get much sympathy.

I remember that one, Classic...

I don't know for certain but I would expect that the rules on drugs are significantly different for ships in international waters so... perhaps the drugs are actually not regulated so... just another nothing-burger.

Regardless, one must pass through the port as one boards the ship. Possession is a crime in all the boarding ports.

Vision of the Seas is making the news, but not for good reasons:

Headline says:

Cruise ship filmed for Channel 4 reality show 'descended into drug-fuelled orgy' as passengers 'snorted cocaine, vomited in pool and were so drunk they had to be pushed on wheelchairs'

Article has lots of pictures and some video.

One picture is of two women in thongs, so a warning there if you don't want to see that.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5846369/Cruise-ship-filmed-Channel-4-reality-descended-drug-fuelled-orgy.html?mrn_rm=als1

BRING LYSOL :o

You mention this response to a sailing after an adult charter, BUT, read general "balcony club" threads from every day cruisers where folks mention all kinds of escapades they have on the balcony or balcony furniture. Not a charter, just any sailing, maybe the one prior to yours and maybe in your cabin/balcony.

enjoy

M

Did you have to show this.......now I'm gonna be like scratching all the time before our April Vision.

O well, time for an extra large canister of Germy wipes!

We won't be on Vision until May...So glad you will have cleaned it up before we get onboard :')

You mention this response to a sailing after an adult charter, BUT, read general "balcony club" threads from every day cruisers where folks mention all kinds of escapades they have on the balcony or balcony furniture. Not a charter, just any sailing, maybe the one prior to yours and maybe in your cabin/balcony.

enjoy

M

Sure poster like me cleans/sterilizes room surfaces every time I cruise, every cruise. I'm one who doesn't walk around the room barefoot. Just turned 53 but have spent 34+ years traveling for Military, as Federal Employee and since retiring staying in Hotels and Long Term Hotels... Also haven't been in the "People Soup", I mean Hot Tub's since the 1980's. I'm what my Ex call's me Anal when comes to cleaning. Not really that bad, just one Woman's opinion...

Sure poster like me cleans/sterilizes room surfaces every time I cruise, every cruise. I'm one who doesn't walk around the room barefoot. Just turned 53 but have spent 34+ years traveling for Military, as Federal Employee and since retiring staying in Hotels and Long Term Hotels... Also haven't been in the "People Soup", I mean Hot Tub's since the 1980's. I'm what my Ex call's me Anal when comes to cleaning. Not really that bad, just one Woman's opinion...

Same with me. Clorox wipes are a travel must. And whether in a hotel or on a cruise ship the duvet/bedspread comes off the bed right away never to be touched again!

Same with me. Clorox wipes are a travel must. And whether in a hotel or on a cruise ship the duvet/bedspread comes off the bed right away never to be touched again!

Like! Yeah, as said years living in Long Term Hotels remove bedspread and use my own Comforter. ...

Sadly this behaviour is typical of young brits to be fair. It sounds like it was lucky no one was killed onboard.

RCI have failed miserably once again. It should not be possible to get drugs onboard a ship but it was. They didn't have anything like enough security for the event that the ship was holding. Channel 4 and the charter agency should have bought security onboard for the task. I was on the indy last year and there were 2 english kids and they nearly went overboard one night it kicked off badly many complaints were made about their behaviour and nothing was done about. Had those two lads been killed or someone died here RCL's booze, child and security policies would be at the bottom of the ocean along with their business model and stuart levin's career.

Regardless, one must pass through the port as one boards the ship. Possession is a crime in all the boarding ports.

And possession with intent to supply is even more serious and is smuggling drugs into a country if the people are all from England. They must have been smuggled in or bought ashore at the port of call. At least thank god there only seemed to be one drug dealer/drug dealing group onboard not rival dealers because they could have lead to serious violence.

Maybe Royal offered a Drug package that's like Alcohol package. A Pot package, "Coke package'... But nice, have a 3 week TA on Vision coming up, now I'll have these images in my head when I board...

I'm not into the 'Cocaine' scene, but a 'Deluxe Marajuana Package' if priced right and the inclusion of edibles would be worthy of exploring. I believe the MDR would have a completey different take on desserts. ;p

• 1 month later...