"Thank you for sailing with us"

mafig

We just received an email from Celebrity thanking us for our recent sailing and offering an OBC to book another cruise by Sept. 1. I seem to recall Royal Caribbean doing this years ago.

However,does Celebrity do this? Maybe they do and I just didn't notice, or had a cruise on another line booked (we do hop around).

Anyway, we are thinking of booking something soon and we were torn between Equinox and Koningsdam and this additional OBC from X might tip us toward Equinox.

Is this new?

We just received an email from Celebrity thanking us for our recent sailing and offering an OBC to book another cruise by Sept. 1. I seem to recall Royal Caribbean doing this years ago.

Is this new?

This is not new. Make sure you read the fine print. The offer may not be combinable with certain incentives, promotions or sales.

I believe we have received them because we DID NOT book a future cruise onboard. I have used the last 2 we received and it was able to be combined with the 4 suite perks we received on the last cruise. On this one we did a resident discount with no perks so we used this and was still able to get the stockholder OBC. So I believe it is able to be combined with 1 other perk.

This is not new. Make sure you read the fine print. The offer may not be combinable with certain incentives, promotions or sales.

Agree, tried to use thus on my last two bookings. No go based on the promo I booked with.

Gee, thanks for sailing with us and we'd like to reward you but you went ahead and booked a promo, sorry but we only want to reward you if a promo isn't involved.

We received (and used) the POSTTHANKYOU email after the last two cruises of $150 each time. The first time we received it immediately after our cruise (within the first week home). That time I had booked a cruise with our TA about a week before we sailed during one of their large quarterly sales. I called the TA and they were able to apply it to the cruise we'd just booked even though it said new bookings only. The second time we received it about 6 weeks after returning home. That time we also booked with our TA and were able to get their sale rates and perks and had the OBC applied. We appreciated it both times.:)

We are Canadian and we got one after our last Celebrity cruise 3 years ago. I finally used it last week! I was able to combine it with a sale rate.

That's surprising. Both of ours had a short expiration time. If I remember correctly it was good for about 3 or 4 months.

That's surprising. Both of ours had a short expiration time. If I remember correctly it was good for about 3 or 4 months.

It did say to use it by a date 4 months later, but it still worked. I had to call in to do the booking, but it was because the website was misbehaving, unrelated to the Postthanku code.

I've never received one from X, despite being a loyal customer, and advocate sailing with celebrity to anyone who will listen.

It could be because I now always book my future cruises while onboard. This is still disappointing that a post cruise "thank you" may really not be about loyalty or appreciation, but rather a post-cruise "please sail with us again".... :(

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Forums mobile app

My favorite is the birthday "gift" they send from time to time.

The first time our initial reaction was "how nice" but

when we tried to use it, we were informed that it could not be combined with another offer we had.

What a gift!

I suspect the criteria is simply if you do not book a cruise while on the ship, here is another chance to do it.

We have received these from HAL but never from Celebrity. However, we have booked a future cruise on our Celebrity trips.

Is this the same OBC or promo one would get when booking a future cruise while onboard? This sounds like it is intended for those who did not book another cruise while on the ships.

HAL seems to send them to those who do not have a future cruise booked.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We received (and used) the POSTTHANKYOU email after the last two cruises of $150 each time. The first time we received it immediately after our cruise (within the first week home). That time I had booked a cruise with our TA about a week before we sailed during one of their large quarterly sales. I called the TA and they were able to apply it to the cruise we'd just booked even though it said new bookings only. The second time we received it about 6 weeks after returning home. That time we also booked with our TA and were able to get their sale rates and perks and had the OBC applied. We appreciated it both times.:)

But did you book another cruise while onboard? What cabin category were you in while onboard?

But did you book another cruise while onboard? What cabin category were you in while onboard?

We didn't (or even inquire) while on board. As I previously stated, both times we had other cruises already booked. We were Concierge Class each time we sailed. We've sailed many times with X, in CClass and not received it previously.