Dynamic Dining postponed for Oasis & Allure

brfan

Hope you are right. We are sailing on OA on 11-27-2016 and 2-26-2017 so we may have traditional dining on the first of these cruises as Harmony will have just been launched. If 2-2017 cruise is DD, we will choose the classic option.

Head waiters and Maitre D's are speculating. You can't put any stock in what they are saying as far as when and if cruises will have Dynamic Dining. Even chatting with the Captain, Hotel Director, or Food and Beverage manager they are only giving their opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Head waiters and Maitre D's are speculating. You can't put any stock in what they are saying as far as when and if cruises will have Dynamic Dining. Even chatting with the Captain, Hotel Director, or Food and Beverage manager they are only giving their opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know it is speculation/opinion so will just see how things shake out when we get to about 3-4 months before the November 27, 2016 cruise. If they were going to implement DD, I think RCI would do it before final payment. Edited by SherriZ366

Great to hear. I think if Oasis and Allure get DD, then there will only be 3 restaurants, right?

I personally don't care either way. We are on My Time anyway, so it's just one more step of booking the restaurant ontop of the time. My only concern would be the static menus...especially if we only wanted the formal restaurant one time

Our understanding of the conversion (if and when it happens) will be American Icon Grill on deck 3, Grande on deck 4, and Silk on deck 5. We had our first experience with DD on the Quantum in April and it went quite smoothly once onboard. The biggest problem was the online reservation system we had to struggle with in the months leading up to the cruise. :( We found it fairly easy to change times and even restaurants as they seem to hold a percentage of reservations for on board changes. :)

Earlier this year our dining on the 10/25 Allure TA was changed from DD to Classic 1 (there is also a classic 2). I believe this is where we float from restaurant to restaurant with the same wait staff and tablemates.

Our understanding of the conversion (if and when it happens) will be American Icon Grill on deck 3, Grande on deck 4, and Silk on deck 5. We had our first experience with DD on the Quantum in April and it went quite smoothly once onboard. The biggest problem was the online reservation system we had to struggle with in the months leading up to the cruise. :( We found it fairly easy to change times and even restaurants as they seem to hold a percentage of reservations for on board changes. :)

Earlier this year our dining on the 10/25 Allure TA was changed from DD to Classic 1 (there is also a classic 2). I believe this is where we float from restaurant to restaurant with the same wait staff and tablemates.

I'm confused. How were able to get DD Classic on your reservation? Last time I checked, the Allure dinner reservations have all been switched back to traditional dining until they make an announcement on if/when DD is coming to that ship. I've even done dummy bookings as far out as summer 2016, and it only shows Traditional dining. (I know, this can easily be switched, but I'm just making a point.)

Good to hear that you found DD good on Quantum...aside from the reservation system. Hopefully they have worked out any kinks and when / if it's rolled out to Oasis and Allure, it'll be fixed.

But to clarify...did you mean Anthem ? We are sailing April 2016 and we are set as My Time, with other options being early and late traditional dining.

Good to hear that you found DD good on Quantum...aside from the reservation system. Hopefully they have worked out any kinks and when / if it's rolled out to Oasis and Allure, it'll be fixed.

But to clarify...did you mean Anthem ? We are sailing April 2016 and we are set as My Time, with other options being early and late traditional dining.

My Time on Anthem? With other options being early and late traditional dining. Now I am confused.....

Edited by Charles4515

My Time on Anthem? With other options being early and late traditional dining. Now I am confused.....

No, LuCruise was referring to MTD on Allure.

What's confusing is that the other poster stated that they have DD Classic on their Allure reservation, which doesn't make sense, as I think everything on Allure has been changed back to either Traditional or MTD.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

No, LuCruise was referring to MTD on Allure.

What's confusing is that the other poster stated that they have DD Classic on their Allure reservation, which doesn't make sense, as I think everything on Allure has been changed back to either Traditional or MTD.

Yes exactly. We are talking about My Time and Traditional on Allure (and questioning if DD will be implemented some day).

I was questioning the previous poster as they said they had DD Classic on Allure, so though perhaps the person meant to write Anthem....where Quantum class has DD.

Yes exactly. We are talking about My Time and Traditional on Allure (and questioning if DD will be implemented some day).

I was questioning the previous poster as they said they had DD Classic on Allure, so though perhaps the person meant to write Anthem....where Quantum class has DD.

That is probably it. That they are on Anthem.

Edited by Charles4515

Got a formal response from C/A on the Allure for the 25th of OCT. --- There is NO DD on that cruise and DD is on permanent hold

"Thank you for your inquiry regarding the time table for the introduction of Dynamic Dining onboard our Oasis-class ships. As we continue to collect guests' feedback and put the finishing touches on Dynamic Dining aboard Quantum-class ships, Royal Caribbean International has decided to postpone implementation of the cruise line's new concept aboard Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas. As it currently stands, your cruise will not have Dynamic Dining."

And

"At this time there is no specific date set for implementing Dynamic Dining aboard Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas. Please keep an eye on our website at http://www.royalcaribbean.com for further announcements."

Got a formal response from C/A on the Allure for the 25th of OCT. --- There is NO DD on that cruise and DD is on permanent hold

"Thank you for your inquiry regarding the time table for the introduction of Dynamic Dining onboard our Oasis-class ships. As we continue to collect guests' feedback and put the finishing touches on Dynamic Dining aboard Quantum-class ships, Royal Caribbean International has decided to postpone implementation of the cruise line's new concept aboard Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas. As it currently stands, your cruise will not have Dynamic Dining."

And

"At this time there is no specific date set for implementing Dynamic Dining aboard Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas. Please keep an eye on our website at http://www.royalcaribbean.com for further announcements."

Probably a bit strong to claim DD is on a "permanent hold" as that would mean it will never happen. All this email said was that DD won't be implemented prior to 25 Oct.

And

Interesting how you interpret this.

"As it currently stands" doesn't necessarily rule it out altogether and "there is no specific date set" isn't really news, it's been on hold for some time now. Permanent hold implies it will never happen and I doubt they would go to all the trouble and expense of changing the dining rooms to then abandon it.

Having said that I doubt they will introduce it on the Transatlantic (more's the pity from my point of view as I'll be on that cruise and would love to try it). I'm inclined to agree that they will wait until both ships are back in the US and holding out hope that it's on my Oasis cruise in November :)

Edited by Bobal

Hi,

I understand that the main dinning room at Oasis of the Seas has been divided into 3 different restaurants: The Grande, Silk, and American Icon. Although it is the same menu in the 3 of them, I would appreciate if someone could tell me which of those 3 is nicer and which one I should choose for dinner.

Thanks!

Hi,

I understand that the main dinning room at Oasis of the Seas has been divided into 3 different restaurants: The Grande, Silk, and American Icon. Although it is the same menu in the 3 of them, I would appreciate if someone could tell me which of those 3 is nicer and which one I should choose for dinner.

Thanks!

I believe My Time Dining uses American Icon, so there's no choice if you have MTD. If you are in traditional, you will be assigned to Grande or Silk. I think it's very subjective which is "nicer".

My understanding is that they have decided not to pursue Wonderland at this time on Oasis class.

Given that space is now the Diamond lounge, I'd say that is probably true. Maybe they'll finally take down the Wonderland sign on Oasis.

Hi,

There´s no choice - one level is traditional, the others are MTD.

Thanks. Do you know when they will open Wonderland restaurant?

Never. Skipped for both, Allure and Oasis.

steamboats

There´s no choice - one level is traditional, the others are MTD.

Never. Skipped for both, Allure and Oasis.

steamboats

Incorrect,

American Icon - MyTime Dining

Grande - Traditional

Silk - Traditional

Also, I don't think they are installing Wonderland on Allure at all, at least it wasn't mentioned in any way during the "what's happened" part of Captains Corner.

Edited by ocav

Wasn´t sure about The Grande, thought it was split between Traditional and MTD on the Allure. American Icon Grill was MTD.

We´ve been told by at least two officers that they got rid of the Wonderland idea for the Oasis and Allure. The Allure kept the Chef´s Table on deck 12 / now Diamond Club. For the Oasis it looks like they might relocate it back to deck 12 instead of the Suite Lounge now.

steamboats

Wasn´t sure about The Grande, thought it was split between Traditional and MTD on the Allure. American Icon Grill was MTD.

We´ve been told by at least two officers that they got rid of the Wonderland idea for the Oasis and Allure. The Allure kept the Chef´s Table on deck 12 / now Diamond Club. For the Oasis it looks like they might relocate it back to deck 12 instead of the Suite Lounge now.

steamboats

--- which begs the question, what will they do for a Diamond Club? If thy put the Chef's Table back on Deck 12, leaving just Deck 11 for the lounge, it will be too small to accommodate D's and D+'s.

--- which begs the question, what will they do for a Diamond Club? If thy put the Chef's Table back on Deck 12, leaving just Deck 11 for the lounge, it will be too small to accommodate D's and D+'s.

It would probably depend on the sailing. We were on in April and deck 11 was never full. I don't recall anyone going upstairs. On the TA it would definitely be a problem, but those are infrequent. I doubt it would be filled during summer either.

OTOH, I don't see why you would want Chef's Table moved. Seems like a good location. The CL never looked crowded when we were in CK. I guess it could use a little more privacy so the guests could focus on the meal and it's presentation. If it moves would they expand CL or CK. :confused:

Probably a bit strong to claim DD is on a "permanent hold" as that would mean it will never happen. All this email said was that DD won't be implemented prior to 25 Oct.

My Harmony OTS booking for Feb 2017 was assigned to DD Traditional, Early.

Our Oasis OTS for Feb 2016 was changed this week from MTD to DD Traditional, Early. It looks like they are at least planning to start it on Oasis by 2016.

I think u are on my sailing. I will look . But i am worried about this. For my and my sons sake. I hope yhey have it all fixed by then. Good luck to me lol ;)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

My Harmony OTS booking for Feb 2017 was assigned to DD Traditional, Early.

Our Oasis OTS for Feb 2016 was changed this week from MTD to DD Traditional, Early. It looks like they are at least planning to start it on Oasis by 2016.

Interesting. My Oasis (Nov 2015) and Allure (Mar 2016) are still showing MTD.

Curiously, I had to prepay gratuities for OOS but not for AOS.

Based upon your report, it looks like RCI is changing reservations incrementally. Since you were changed for Feb 16, I'd guess I'll have MTD for Oasis and DD for Allure. Just did a mock booking and the only dining option available for my Oasis is TD. The only dining available for my Allure is MTD. Near as I can tell from mock bookings, all Harmony cruises are Dyanamic Dining. So much for DD being on permanent hold.