Do you wear a lanyard?

kids-n-kitties

I always wear one, but never had to buy it. I donate blood and they give you a nice lanyard when you do so. It's perfect for my seapass, my ID and credit card when I get off the ship. Of course, I might take it off when I am by the pool or for a picture, but I like it close at all times :D

Cindy

I took have to wear one for work. We actually get in trouble if we don't have it on us. they prefer around our neck but some keep in their pocket. I have used a lanyard in the past. Especially at night when wearing dresses or skirts with no pockets.

I had heard from another site that carrying you seapass with your phone can demagnetise it. REALLY! my phone is in a case that has a cover which has spots for cards and cash. like one in the link below. I was actually thinking of putting it in their as i carry my phone 24/7 even when dont have any reception as i use it for reading and photo taking. So is this going to be okay? Or will it destroy my card.

http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/images/m/mLQyjjgir5x0Jqny3bEyYIg/s-l225.jpg

I do normally use a lanyard. Someone mentioned that there wouldn't be a hole in. Is that because they don't do it? Do i need to get like a little plastic sleeve for it

DW wear a lanyard on the ship but not it port and not on formal night. I have a retractable one that clips onto the waistband of my shorts or trousers. I think we bought it on our first or second cruise. It has RCCL's C&A logo on it.

...If you are traveling on anthem or quantum make sure you get the plastic bag type. No punch hole allow on that sea pass card

:eek: we threw away the plastic card holders because it was a pain sliding the cards in and out all the time. So much easier with a hole punched in it.

Lanyard here. I've collected enough of them at events over the years, my cost is $0. If I'm at a hotel, my key card goes in my wallet. I don't need to carry my wallet on a cruise ship, and often don't have pockets (swim suit).

Granted, I've only been on two cruises, and I find it interesting the first day or so of the cruise, maybe 10% of the people are using lanyards. By the last day or so, it's probably 50% or more (unscientific numbers).

If I'm worried about a picture, I can take the lanyard off and hold in my hand or put it on the ground.

I took have to wear one for work. We actually get in trouble if we don't have it on us. they prefer around our neck but some keep in their pocket. I have used a lanyard in the past. Especially at night when wearing dresses or skirts with no pockets.

I had heard from another site that carrying you seapass with your phone can demagnetise it. REALLY! my phone is in a case that has a cover which has spots for cards and cash. like one in the link below. I was actually thinking of putting it in their as i carry my phone 24/7 even when dont have any reception as i use it for reading and photo taking. So is this going to be okay? Or will it destroy my card.

http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/images/m/mLQyjjgir5x0Jqny3bEyYIg/s-l225.jpg

I do normally use a lanyard. Someone mentioned that there wouldn't be a hole in. Is that because they don't do it? Do i need to get like a little plastic sleeve for it

As I said above, I don't. Ours at work have to visible at all times, no exceptions. We need it for access into different areas also. I get tired of the thing and it catches on things sometimes. I guess for some it's a novelty.

We've learned to keep our sea pass separate from any other magnetized card or magnets. I have a formal gold purse that has a magnetic closure and magnetic closure pocket. The last time I cruised, I used the purse and my card quit working. I don't know about cell phones as I don't keep my card near it.

We have never done the lanyards before; however, I think we will this time as we will have the grandkids with us and that may be easier. I haven't read all the way back on this thread - do they punch a hole in the card or do we need to get the ones with the plastic sleeve to hold the sea pass?

We have never done the lanyards before; however, I think we will this time as we will have the grandkids with us and that may be easier. I haven't read all the way back on this thread - do they punch a hole in the card or do we need to get the ones with the plastic sleeve to hold the sea pass?

They will punch a hole in the cards.

I do, but not around my neck. I attach card to lanyard and loop lanyard through belt loop or if in swim trunks/sports shorts, loop through 'D' ring and put in cargo pocket.

Works great for me and I have never lost it. Also easy to retrieve with stuff in hand to use to open cabin door, then just drop it and let it dangle while putting stuff down in cabin.

I have at times had to wear lanyard for work and that fact does not stop me from doing something practical that works for me. DW carries it around in pocket or small purse and has done well too.

I would suggest trying it and if it works for you, then great. If not, then try something else. As you can tell from the comments, lots of opinions! :)

Interesting fact too about card that cannot be hole punched.

some ladies clothes manufacturers seem to think women do not need pockets in their clothes & short of taking my clothes apart & putting in pockets I wear a lanyard in the daytime

evening my card goes in my evening bag

YMMD

some ladies clothes manufacturers seem to think women do not need pockets in their clothes & short of taking my clothes apart & putting in pockets I wear a lanyard in the daytime

evening my card goes in my evening bag

YMMD

For what ever reason, Laura has never worn a lanyard onboard. She does wear one at work, at least going in and out of the building. She always seems to have some sort of bag on her, pool, beach, purse, etc..

This has worked for 50+ voyages ;)

I use a Keychain with a Starfish Charm and 2 hooks. 1 hook attaches to my key card the other hook attaches to my over-the-shoulder purse or beach bag or belt loop or is easy to carry in my hand if I don't have anything else to hook it on. Easy to unhook/hook to go through scanner getting on/off the ship.

Sometimes I use a lanyard (but always keep it underneath clothing so it doesn't show but is easy to access), sometimes I put it in a leather card holder in a pocket, and sometimes I keep it in a small purse/clutch. Kinda depends on where I am going and what I'm doing. Would never wear a lanyard to something formal or dressy, though.