'Celebrity Cruises Wants To Hear From You' Survey

downsmead

I haven't seen the survey, but if it's done as usually done, it is being run by the agency and for your privacy that information is not shared with them. They only get essential information to contact you for the purpose of the survey, not your whole cruising history - and revenue which is separate again.

Also, your spend with the line is not the same as your income. You may be a new cruiser in which case there isn't much history to build, and also people have different profiles e.g. retired people may have lower incomes, but a higher spend due to sufficient funds, and lots of time. Whereas higher incomes may spend less per annum, but in a higher suite. Two different characteristics which build a different profile. Another significant example is those with a larger income - but spread it across different lines. Thus your spend may not be as high as your income profile and tastes would realise.

As for revealing income, it's common for many surveys so not something especially odd. If you're not willing to reveal that which is fine, it makes it harder to build a profile - and may not be worthwhile, so better to go on to complete profiles, even if fewer in number.

I'm not saying it's unusual to be asked your income on those surveys, but they are usually optional questions at the end and not 'we're not interested in your views if you don't disclose your income' at the start and log you out ;). Furthermore, how do you know those fewer completed questionnaires have answered truthfully, irrespective of there being a margin for error. Get the views, then ask for more personal details if pax are willing to disclose when they feel their comments are of importance to your company ;).

I got the e mail on Saturday and set about the survey. To those concerned about giving away your income-you can choose from any of the salary ranges without having to tell the truth. That way you can continue and see what's ahead.

I didn't get all the way to the end as the Qualtrics software fails during the questions asking you to list in order of importance 6 aspects of cruising that most appeal- Destination, Accommodations, Bars and Nightlife etc. Even the people X hire for their surveys are computer illiterate.

X sent me an e mail today hoping I'll return to finish the survey but again I come up against the same garbage software. I replied to the e mail pointing out the software issue.

The biggest section of questions was on dining which makes me think this survey is for the Edge class: questions like- would I be interested in multiple smaller MDRs with different themed menus and moving among them at will over the course of the cruise or would I like a set pattern of movement where the same waiters and table mates move with me in a rotation of dining rooms (sounds like Disney), or would I like fixed traditional dining in one MDR only or Anytime Dining only from a choice of dining rooms with a different table and waiters each night (Princess has long had this on two of their ships but the food is the same in each-only the decor and one signature dish sets them apart).

Just FYI,

Norris

I would have loved to do the survey! Especially with those questions. I like the traditional late dining. One less thing to worry about. If I am too pooped I will eat elsewhere. Too me the traditional dining is very special.

I don't like all this make a reservation, and play it by ear cruising.

For the note in case X is listening age mid fifties job retired.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got one and filled it in until total investable assets (0) LOL we spend all our money on holidays ! Then it cut me off. oh well

They are not really to concern your income or your total asset.

Celebrity knows that half of the cruisers are Millionaire.:rolleyes:

I was too old (74). First question was age group. Answered then got a good by.

They never ask my age when we book a suite twice a year and they always accept my money. If your going to do a survey at least listen to a frequent customer no matter how old they are. That was like hanging up the phone on somebody.

The biggest section of questions was on dining which makes me think this survey is for the Edge class: questions like- would I be interested in multiple smaller MDRs with different themed menus and moving among them at will over the course of the cruise or would I like a set pattern of movement where the same waiters and table mates move with me in a rotation of dining rooms (sounds like Disney), or would I like fixed traditional dining in one MDR only or Anytime Dining only from a choice of dining rooms with a different table and waiters each night (Princess has long had this on two of their ships but the food is the same in each-only the decor and one signature dish sets them apart).

Just FYI,

Norris

Thanks Norris,

I'd love to see all the dining questions.

Sounds like Lisa Lutoff-Perlo and the rest of the top could be looking into the RCCL ( DD ) Dynamic Dining concept which their new builds are designed around.

If it is I for one will be looking elsewhere (no big loss, I know) but all it really turned out to be after months of discord and aggravation, as far as I am concerned is just a bunch of different specialty restaurants which have a static, every night the same, menu and a few complimentary venues some serving up such dinner time delicacies as pigs in a blanket and another being formal every night????

I had one of the first cruises booked for the Quantum when it came to Cape Liberty. After repeated attempts, both on line and with RC directly, to schedule dining times for the different dining venues along with shows and entertainment schedules I gave up and decided I wanted to go on a cruise and relax and not spend weeks planning out where I would eat at a number of restaurants that so far did not ever exist.

I have no idea as to what it has evolved into but hope Celebrity understands that many people are perfectly satisfied with the traditional first and second seatings as well as the added my time dining along with a couple of specialty venues, FINE, however what was the initial plan for DD is and will never be my cup of tea.

I have enough senior moments deciding which itinerary, which ship, when and what extras I should book, along with flights and my vacation schedule that must be planned out almost a year in advance. LOL

This us the current way it operates and I am still not interested.:: http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Anthem/15043109_Anthem_DynamicDining_FAQ_Flyer.pdf

Sorry, but just my opinion.

bosco

Edited by boscobeans

Thanks Norris,

Sounds like Lisa Lutoff-Perlo and the rest of the top could be looking into the RCCL ( DD ) Dynamic Dining concept which their new builds are designed around.

If it is I for one will be looking elsewhere (no big loss, I know) but all it really turned out to be after months of discord and aggravation, as far as I am concerned is just a bunch of different specialty restaurants which have a static, every night the same, menu and a few complimentary venues some serving up such dinner time delicacies as pigs in a blanket and another being formal every night????

I had one of the first cruises booked for the Quantum when it came to Cape Liberty. After repeated attempts, both on line and with RC directly, to schedule dining times for the different dining venues along with shows and entertainment schedules I gave up and decided I wanted to go on a cruise and relax and not spend weeks planning out where I would eat at a number of restaurants that so far did not ever exist.

I have no idea as to what it has evolved into but hope Celebrity understands that many people are perfectly satisfied with the traditional first and second seatings as well as the added my time dining along with a couple of specialty venues, FINE, however what was the initial plan for DD is and will never be my cup of tea.

I have enough senior moments deciding which itinerary, which ship, when and what extras I should book, along with flights and my vacation schedule that must be planned out almost a year in advance. LOL

This us the current way it operates and I am still not interested.:: http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Anthem/15043109_Anthem_DynamicDining_FAQ_Flyer.pdf

bosco

I'm with you Bosco. Traveling solo, I would en up in the buffet every evening. Not my cup of tea. I am doing an NCL cruise in August only because of there solo supplement sale (0%). I don't like there anytime dining either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Norris,

bosco

Hi Bosco, I am happy with the current mix of Traditional/Anytime MDR and am one who books Specialties on a whim, with the only exception being the first night when I want to get the cruise off to a good start with a fine dinner, which for me would be Murano. On the survey I gave a thumbs down to the same waitstaff/same stablemates moving from room to room each night as it would tie me down too much and the waitstaff and tablemates might not be the company I would choose-we usually book two tops and talk to each other and we like fun waiters who can take our lighthearted banter and give it back. We always have done Anytime Dining so we can choose when to eat (usually after 8pm).

We book our excursions well in advance but as for knowing what we'd like to eat on a given day 6 months from now....not going to think about it unless it's a One Time event-eg we are going on a Princess cruise in September to Alaska and we intend on doing their amazing Ultimate Balcony Dinner which is only served to two cabins a night. I already know which night that has to be and will be reserving it once on board.

Dinner each night has to be flexible for us. If we find a waitstaff team we like we will ask the Head waiter after the first night if he can seat us with them going forward and they have always obliged.

It's good though that X are seeking opinions before the ship begins assembly. They need the Edge class to be another Home Run following the stunning S Class.

Cheers!

Norris

I'm normally quite happy to do surveys. I was happy to provide age, income range etc but when it came to investable assets I gave up! It's none of their business - how much I have put by has nothing to do with my choice of holiday :( Quite annoyed:(

It has been very interesting reading people's responses to my original post. I too would have baulked at the assets question! To have been 'blanked out' after the age one and the other ones discussed leads me to question why this particular external supplier was chosen by X. It appears to have left a sour taste to many of the X cruisers targeted by the survey. I would have thought that the aim of the survey was to canvas opinion, not alienate X clients. Even if they were not interested in the results from certain groups of people, it may have been better to let them finish the survey and then just take them out of the analysed data :(. It would be interesting to determine exactly what the parameters for their target audience was, or better still, be upfront in the email saying we would only like people meeting these ***** (income / age etc) requirements to take part in this survey :).

OH and I both got the survey. We both survived until it got to the 'preferences' questions. 'destination, accommodation, dining option, evening entertainment and speakers' weren't the right answers. We were both booted into touch. Nice to know we're on the same page as X (not!!).

Interesting that Celebrity is not asking these questions of their most frequent cruisers. I have over 100 Celebrity cruises and did not receive a survey request. Also limiting the age range and income / net worth is quite strange.

I can understand the basic income question, but to dump someone who's of a certain age and to ask about investible assets is wayyyyy out of line. Who's business is it at Celebrity how someone invests their money. Shame on Celebrity. Sounds like Lutoff-Perlo is doing more stupid things like a discriminatory survey. If you're over a certain age, Celebrity doesn't want you, so you're discriminated against by not being allowed to complete the survey.

No wonder we left Celebrity with the continued boneheaded moves they do.

I can understand the basic income question, but to dump someone who's of a certain age and to ask about investible assets is wayyyyy out of line. Who's business is it at Celebrity how someone invests their money.

They might want to find out if people would be interested in buying RCCL shares in return for lower fares or more chocolate covered strawberrys?

OH and I both got the survey. We both survived until it got to the 'preferences' questions. 'destination, accommodation, dining option, evening entertainment and speakers' weren't the right answers. We were both booted into touch. Nice to know we're on the same page as X (not!!).

That's where my experience ended due to the software malfunction. X may be finding many surveys stopped in their tracks there. They sent me a second e mail reminding me to finish the survey and when I return to it it begins at that question again so there is no going forward to the end for me.

Norris

For those whose survey ended after they entered their age or income, I don't think you should assume that your opinion doesn't matter. It's likely that Celebrity feels they appeal to your demographic already. They are probably trying to learn how they can appeal to a broader group.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm not saying it's unusual to be asked your income on those surveys, but they are usually optional questions at the end and not 'we're not interested in your views if you don't disclose your income' at the start and log you out ;). .

Must see different surveys as the ones I've seen frequently involve income upfront, and if you don't disclose certain basic criteria, it's thanks for your time but you're out.

I don't see anything negative in that; if that's a way they want to segment or target customers then it's key for them, but if you don't want to disclose you haven't lost anything either.

I can understand the basic income question, but to dump someone who's of a certain age and to ask about investible assets is wayyyyy out of line. Who's business is it at Celebrity how someone invests their money. Shame on Celebrity. Sounds like Lutoff-Perlo is doing more stupid things like a discriminatory survey. If you're over a certain age, Celebrity doesn't want you, so you're discriminated against by not being allowed to complete the survey.

No wonder we left Celebrity with the continued boneheaded moves they do.

Hi Darcie,

I detest when ANYONE of a certain age or income are dumped from any survey, as it screams "your input is unimportant to us", and is a smack in the face to those who are dumped. If they had anyone who was able to think this project through.... and apparently they do not - they could have allowed everyone to take the survey, and then dissect the replies as they see fit. Simple enough. Right ?

To dump anyone out of a survey for age or income makes me worry that Celebrity is on another mission for a very specific type of cruiser, and that's concerning. I hope this is not a mission to get rid of older guests, and target rich millennials.

I'm also disappointed to hear they are asking for "investible assets", and that could be another reason for being dumped from the survey. With all due respect to Celebrity - and IMO... that's none of their business, and not something I'd care to share with them.

I hope Celebrity will reconsider sending the survey to everyone - allowing full completion by all, and not be so judgemental on who can be "honored" to take their valuable time to answer Celebrity's survey.

Edited by Host Andy

It's clear that if someone answers in the "wrong" way they are dumped from the survey... Not surprising... When someone makes a survey the questions are made so the answers will be "right".

They can then go on with whatever changes they like, they have a survey to back them up.