Children in the Diamond Lounge?

Rather than continuing to attack me, please go back and read post #153.

And then read it again. That post, was directed to you. It also was applauded

and admired by many.

Don't bother to respond to me any longer. I am done with this thread.

I am responding to you again, Island Lady. I like you! I have enjoyed and agreed with all your posts. And would like to meet you someday on a future cruise. Seems we think alike!😊

• 3 months later...

We were on the Brillance last week in the DL and there was a 2 year old stomping on the outside rim of the window sealing making a tremendous amount of noise disturbing the entire lounge. Even though everyone was looking at the family, both the parents and grandparents did nothing to silence the very bored child. When my husband could take it no longer he said be quiet and it quickly descended from there. The parents and grand parents began calling us names. When I could take it no longer I spoke to the DC ambassador and she was also passive. There were 3 of us in our group who had to speak to the attendant before anything was done. I don't mind behaved children but narcissism from the parents and grand parents was unbelievable.

Edited by aly7859
Misbehaved 2 year old with narcissistic parents on Brillance

Thanks for this thread.

My dd has always accompanied us to the lounges; not only because we like to do things as a family but it is a good opportunity to teach manners and how to behave in such places.

I think the children have as much right as anyone to be in the lounges - however the standards of behaviour and consequences need to be made very clear at the outset. e.g. "Please take crying infants or noisy children outside to preserve the peacefulness of the lounge".

Dd had diamond status but has not been on cruises for a couple of years and has now turned 20. Someone in the thread mentioned that children lose status at 18. As we are going on a cruise together next month, this worried me. I just went and checked her status and it still says diamond - this must be because she is still diamond in her own right. I assume that the "loss of status" at 18 is really a recalculation based on the number of cruises the child/person has done.

If there was a child or adult in the lounge behaving in a manner which "upset" me...I would leave and use my vouchers and possibly come back later. As for the debate whether kids are allowed....I can only relate to my situation...I have an 8 year old with 40 cruises under her belt, 40 cruises of which her existence contributed to the bottom line of RCCL, 40 cruises where she used her own earned money to purchase onboard items, 40 cruises where she influenced her parents to spend dollars they normally would not have if they sailed by themselves. As a diamond plus, she deserves the perk as much as anyone. Since adventure ocean is closed on the first night, she typically spends time in the DL or CL pre-dinner during this night. She likes the Shirley temple with extra cherries......after all......she earned it, just as much as anyone else in the room..........

Thanks for this thread.

Dd had diamond status but has not been on cruises for a couple of years and has now turned 20. Someone in the thread mentioned that children lose status at 18. As we are going on a cruise together next month, this worried me. I just went and checked her status and it still says diamond - this must be because she is still diamond in her own right. I assume that the "loss of status" at 18 is really a recalculation based on the number of cruises the child/person has done.

At age 18 a child "loses" the parents' status and gets a status of his/her own, based on his/her own cruising history.

So a child (under the age of eighteen) with 69 points sailing with a parent with 200 points would be D+. However, once that child turned eighteen, that person would become emerald.

Thanks Cuizer2. I hadn't really thought about it until reading this thread. DD would not have been happy if she couldn't come to the DL with us (which on Voyager is far nicer than the CL). I'm pleased she has cruised enough to be able to join us. Good to have it clarified

At age 18 a child "loses" the parents' status and gets a status of his/her own, based on his/her own cruising history.

So a child (under the age of eighteen) with 69 points sailing with a parent with 200 points would be D+. However, once that child turned eighteen, that person would become emerald.

That goes against everything I have ever heard about children and status transfer. I'm pretty up on things and it is my recollection that a minor child with 69 points they have earned and parents that have 200 points will be D+ and remain so when she turns 18. The caveat is that it will take her longer to attain the next level.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

That is not correct: the child has 69 individual points but has 200 via a family link therefore they are D+ status which will never be revoked.

However if that child wishes to attain Pinnacle, then their individual points will start from 69 therefore they need to earn 631 points ( and not 500 points).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by little britain

Incorrect

That goes against everything I have ever heard about children and status transfer. I'm pretty up on things and it is my recollection that a minor child with 69 points they have earned and parents that have 200 points will be D+ and remain so when she turns 18. The caveat is that it will take her longer to attain the next level.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Agree with John. The minor keeps the status, however their points revert back to what they have earned. As example if they were Diamond by parents they will stay Diamond but would not be able to progress to D+ until they get to the required points by their own point accrual.

Edit. Already answered

Edited by Ourusualbeach

yeah uhh, not so much. he has a good 35 guys sharing his 'cabin'

also you think Royal's food has gone downhill?! ;)

We will find out Friday, his first trip home since leaving for Japan 18 months ago. Pretty sure he's not a fan of the food, and he's on a carrier. Apparently that just means there are several bad places to eat. ;)

We will find out Friday, his first trip home since leaving for Japan 18 months ago. Pretty sure he's not a fan of the food, and he's on a carrier. Apparently that just means there are several bad places to eat. ;)

Is he on the GW?! We were stationed in Yokosuka ourselves 15 years ago. Tell him to bring you some CoCo Curry.

Thanks for this thread.

My dd has always accompanied us to the lounges; not only because we like to do things as a family but it is a good opportunity to teach manners and how to behave in such places.

I think the children have as much right as anyone to be in the lounges - however the standards of behaviour and consequences need to be made very clear at the outset. e.g. "Please take crying infants or noisy children outside to preserve the peacefulness of the lounge".

Correct. If she has actually been on enough cruises to accumulate at least 80 points, she is a diamond in her own right.

If there was a child or adult in the lounge behaving in a manner which "upset" me...I would leave and use my vouchers and possibly come back later. As for the debate whether kids are allowed....I can only relate to my situation...I have an 8 year old with 40 cruises under her belt, 40 cruises of which her existence contributed to the bottom line of RCCL, 40 cruises where she used her own earned money to purchase onboard items, 40 cruises where she influenced her parents to spend dollars they normally would not have if they sailed by themselves. As a diamond plus, she deserves the perk as much as anyone. Since adventure ocean is closed on the first night, she typically spends time in the DL or CL pre-dinner during this night. She likes the Shirley temple with extra cherries......after all......she earned it, just as much as anyone else in the room..........

FWIW...we were on Harmony last week, and AO was open on the first night. I recall it always being closed the first night...not sure when this changed.

Thanks for the clarification everyone. :)

Sorry about that. It was my understanding that the eighteen year old would revert to the status based on the number of points that person had.

Does this apply to Pinnacle also. Would an eighteen year old with 69 points whose parents both have one thousand points be pinnacle for life? :confused:

Sorry about that. It was my understanding that the eighteen year old would revert to the status based on the number of points that person had.

Does this apply to Pinnacle also. Would an eighteen year old with 69 points whose parents both have one thousand points be pinnacle for life? :confused:

No, Pinnacle level does not get passed down to children. Only to "significant others".