New question on post cruise survey

So what prevents anyone from just not doing the survey? I'm not a fan of surveys anyway, and they certainly can't force you to do it.

We do the surveys to mention by name those who have provided great service. Occasionally we'll mention some issues that we think needs some extra care & feeding.

Nothing, and that's certainly an option.

While on a b3b this summer a guest asked how he could do the survey for the first cruise which goes away in over a week when he had no internet on board. They did not offer even a free half hour to have him complete it. So, if it is that important and a consecutive cruiser would be a good judge of service, why wouldn't they comply with his request?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a good point... if there is a sudden downturn in completed surveys I'm sure the powers that be will quickly want to find out why.

I’m toying with answering every question N/A except the new question that started this thread. In comments I’ll put “I declined to answer all questions because I have been discouraged from giving an honest appraisal by RCCL staff who are saying a 10 is the only score that counts”

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While on a b3b this summer a guest asked how he could do the survey for the first cruise which goes away in over a week when he had no internet on board. They did not offer even a free half hour to have him complete it. So, if it is that important and a consecutive cruiser would be a good judge of service, why wouldn't they comply with his request?

Good question. On several of our B2B cruises, they gave us an access code for about 30 minutes of internet just for the survey.

Good question. On several of our B2B cruises, they gave us an access code for about 30 minutes of internet just for the survey.

You would think RCI could put the survey in the list of links that works without a VOOM package. [emoji19]

I’m toying with answering every question N/A except the new question that started this thread. In comments I’ll put “I declined to answer all questions because I have been discouraged from giving an honest appraisal by RCCL staff who are saying a 10 is the only score that counts”

Interesting post,i wonder if they would respond to you if you did that?

Love this idea, think I might do that for my next survey.

You would think RCI could put the survey in the list of links that works without a VOOM package. [emoji19]

How would that work? At present I get a link to the survey sent to me in my e-mail and the link expires after you complete the survey. If they had an open link anyone could do surveys and as many times as they wanted.

How would that work? At present I get a link to the survey sent to me in my e-mail and the link expires after you complete the survey. If they had an open link anyone could do surveys and as many times as they wanted.

I think Biker was saying that the survey website should be one of the free websites you can use from the ship.

I think Biker was saying that the survey website should be one of the free websites you can use from the ship.

I know, but somehow they would have to get a code to you to unlock the survey or anyone would be able to go to the website and fill out surveys. I don't understand how they would have any control over having an open site.

I know, but somehow they would have to get a code to you to unlock the survey or anyone would be able to go to the website and fill out surveys. I don't understand how they would have any control over having an open site.

I see what you are saying, the link to the survey normally comes to our personal email, which we would still need internet access to read. Good point.

The survey could be limited by booking/name and can be only submitted once.

How can we find out for sure what RCCL is doing with the money we give in good faith as tips? I assume that if I add a tip to a restaurant bill, our waiter is getting that amount. I would not be happy to learn that the restaurant is not giving them that amount. I assume the same if I auto add my cruise tips to my account.

Excellent idea!! I think I will do this next year after our December cruise. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

I would hardly trust the response from that site ;p

Well what site should we trust?? And to be honest, I’m not sure why we’re all so wrapped up in how this particular group of people gets paid. Almost any tip we give on land goes in to a pool and we have no idea how it is split up (especially when we’re writing it in on the credit card bill). I call the cable company or the cell phone company and a few minutes later I get a call to take a survey, never give a second thought about the impact it might have on the person who just helped me. I get that over a week you build more of a relationship with your server on the cruise, but with so many people doing MTD, that’s not even an issue for many. This has been a fun thread but honestly, what other people make and how they make it is their business - and I think most of us feel that way about every other job except a steward, waiter, and assistant who took care of us for a week. Probably a disproportionate focus.

Yes, but anything less than a 10 will shortchange the RCI employee.

I have to perform to my plan to get maximum compensation as well.

Rating average or good service as a 10 is one thing. Rating poor, sub-par, or mediocre service a 10 is ultimately doing you more of a disservice than the employees.

I have to perform to my plan to get maximum compensation as well.

Rating average or good service as a 10 is one thing. Rating poor, sub-par, or mediocre service a 10 is ultimately doing you more of a disservice than the employees.

And to the all future guests.

Well what site should we trust?? And to be honest, I’m not sure why we’re all so wrapped up in how this particular group of people gets paid. Almost any tip we give on land goes in to a pool and we have no idea how it is split up (especially when we’re writing it in on the credit card bill). I call the cable company or the cell phone company and a few minutes later I get a call to take a survey, never give a second thought about the impact it might have on the person who just helped me. I get that over a week you build more of a relationship with your server on the cruise, but with so many people doing MTD, that’s not even an issue for many. This has been a fun thread but honestly, what other people make and how they make it is their business - and I think most of us feel that way about every other job except a steward, waiter, and assistant who took care of us for a week. Probably a disproportionate focus.

Royal's website has been a notorious joke, hence my reply. Sorry that caused so much ananjst for you:)