How to get the old look back to my threads???

hcat

My tablet shows the new format...really not as easy to follow...but fortunately my phone still has the regular less busy format.

Is there any way I can get that back for my tablet?

Someone posted this on another line's tread and it worked for me: To change it back go into your user control panel, then click edit options, at the very bottom of the list under forum skin choose default style and you will go back to the proper look.

Someone posted this on another line's tread and it worked for me: To change it back go into your user control panel, then click edit options, at the very bottom of the list under forum skin choose default style and you will go back to the proper look.

Thanks! Everything on the new format had a left justification.

Thanks....I found it and hope I can maintain the look I prefer . Years ago I joined CC because a forum I used to participate in changed its look to something similar to the new CC look...I hope CC not offended but old displays are much better.... fewer ads and much better column spacing,...among other items.

Edited by hcat

Was hard to follow as I am computer skills deficient

I found the user control panel along the upper right among all the other distraction......then followed what NHL Arizona said...it worked..

.I am so happy I was able to make the change,.....This was worse than when Yahoo switched from Classic...which I have managed to keep sort of.,

maybe someone else can better guide you...good luck...

This "new" look seems to only be when I use Internet Explorer. The forum looks normal using Google Chrome. :confused:

Thanks for the directions on how to make the old look appear on my IE. ;)

The new look just appeared for me tonight on Firefox on a MAC.

Thanks for the tips on getting the OLD look back. I agree that the OLD look is more friendly. Hope we can keep it.

The new look just appeared for me tonight on Firefox on a MAC.
I am using Firefox on a PC and have no idea of what changes everyone is talking about because everything here looks the same as always to me.

But since the new look just appeared for you on Firefox tonight, maybe they are phasing it in gradually and I may yet get to see it on the PC tomorrow or the next day.

Saving the instructions for changing it back, just in case they are needed, so thanks to the people who posted them.

If you give yourself some time to adjust, it is easier to read. That 15+ year old version wasn't tablet/mobile friendly. The CC forum or Tapatalk apps helped but now the website itself is much more usable on iPads.

I do like the condensed signatures too. I know some people are proud of their status and 100 cruise history, but I don't need to see it all on every post :)

Edited by Jeremiah1212

Thank you! The new format is very difficult to read, at least for my 60 year old eyes! ;)

Thanks for posting this solution, I like others do not like the new format.

TYVM!!! This worked and I'm so happy to be back to the 'old' format :D

Thank you so much! I was not enjoying the display of the new forums - too much white space for my liking!