Craziest thing you've seen another passenger do

danielbriere

Enjoying all the posts. Reminds me of our Bermuda cruise on the Summit last year. We were finishing drinks in the Martini Bar and about to go to dinner when a very inebriated and boisterous couple appeared at our table. Friendly and obviously enjoying their drink packages, the woman was gushing about my wife's outfit (it was Evening Chic night). The man turned to me and, I guess feeling a need to explain their very casual and rumpled outfits (we certainly didn't say anything..we don't care about things like that), said they had spent all day on the island drinking and then found a secluded beach cove and "constipated" their relationship. He said it loudly enough to silence nearby conversations. "Sounds painful," I replied. He appeared bewildered at the laughter and we chuckled all the way to the restaurant.

Enjoying all the posts. Reminds me of our Bermuda cruise on the Summit last year. We were finishing drinks in the Martini Bar and about to go to dinner when a very inebriated and boisterous couple appeared at our table. Friendly and obviously enjoying their drink packages, the woman was gushing about my wife's outfit (it was Evening Chic night). The man turned to me and, I guess feeling a need to explain their very casual and rumpled outfits (we certainly didn't say anything..we don't care about things like that), said they had spent all day on the island drinking and then found a secluded beach cove and "constipated" their relationship. He said it loudly enough to silence nearby conversations. "Sounds painful," I replied. He appeared bewildered at the laughter and we chuckled all the way to the restaurant.

Oh dear :D

Since it is a pet and not a service animal, how did you get your peeve on board?

Is it a purebred peeve?

Service animals onboard a plane represent a real issue to people like my husband who develops asthma and breathing difficulties when within the same proximity. And if the fur had been left on the seat from a previous flight he would have the same reaction. So I really hope this doesn't become mainstream in Australia.

Since it is a pet and not a service animal, how did you get your peeve on board?

Is it a purebred peeve?

If you are a Star Trek fan, you beam your peeve directly into and out of your room. That would make a good series episode "The Persistence of Peeves".

If a Star Wars fan you are, then use one must Jedi Mind Tricks, "These are not the pet peeves you are looking for." Make sure to wave you hand like a wand.

My own pet peeves are mongrels, nothing pure about them.

Get in a lift (elevator) and get very confused that it would not take them to the front of the ship from the aft. We tried to explain that it only went up and down but they just did not get it.

It was hysterically funny though.

They'd watched too much Star Trek

On a previous cruise, I was in an elevator when a woman began getting on. Jokingly I told her this elevator was going to the bow. She immediately turned around and got off the elevator! I wonder if she ever figured that one out?

On our first cruise, on a Carnival ship, we shared dining with a young couple from Chicago who were getting married in St Thomas. He found out he could order more than one entree so he got 2 or 3 each dinner plus multiple desserts. She got after him saying he'd not fit into his Tux for the wedding and banned him to 2!

the other couple at our table were from Texas. They kept telling us how poor they were and couldn't afford much...not exactly dinner conversation especially when we found out they were in a suite. He wore his ballcap at the table every night, something that drives me nuts, but then toppped it off on the last night. In those days, you brought your envelope to the table to tip the waitstaff. We got there with ours and they asked us what that was for. We explained, and they looked at each other and said, 'ohh, we forgot ours'. They then both got up to 'go get it'. I observed, either their tip is so big it takes both of them to carry it or we'd not see them again...nice stiff job.

I climbed into a hot tub to enjoy and as I slipped in, said how great the cruise was and how much I was enjoying it. the man next to me set me straight by starting to list all the negative things about the cruise. When it became obvious most of the complaints were about cruising in general, I asked him why he cruised, and he said his wife forced him to go......and as he continued his never ending list of complaints, I got out, walked over to the next hot tub and slipped in. this time I sat quietly until a woman said how much she was enjoying the cruise, so I pipped up with my exclamation of happiness.

You've go to know your audience!

Den

I don't remember which cruise we were on, but we were in the elevator which was full - doors opened and a woman on a motorized scooter and two companions wanted on. There was no space, and one of the people up front nicely said, "sorry, catch the next elevator". She gave the guy a dirty look and rammed the scooter forward, - everyone went against the wall, the people in the front squeezed out - She was talking in a foreign language, so she might not have understood, but she could see that the elevator was full. After that, I avoided the elevators as much as I could.

I don't remember which cruise we were on, but we were in the elevator which was full - doors opened and a woman on a motorized scooter and two companions wanted on. There was no space, and one of the people up front nicely said, "sorry, catch the next elevator". She gave the guy a dirty look and rammed the scooter forward, - everyone went against the wall, the people in the front squeezed out - She was talking in a foreign language, so she might not have understood, but she could see that the elevator was full. After that, I avoided the elevators as much as I could.

similar thing happened to us .. except empty elevator. We were waiting with another couple . It arrived , doors opened and a voice from behind us said move.. coming through. we stepped aside and a scooter went in and she says sorry no room, you will have to wait for the next one . Seriously ... we got in and she was very annoyed and more verbally pissed off when we got to her floor and she had to wait for us to move aside so she could get out.. aside .. as we did not get out for her

Chip and Jenny are crew favorites and not just because he brings them gifts. Agree that they are two of the nicest people you would ever meet. They are both "Double" Zenith with more than 6000 points and cruise at least two weeks each month. Hoping to see them soon.

They sound lovely. They cruise two weeks each month? How I wish DH and I could sign up for that travel plan! In the meantime I'm trying to convince DH to do two cruises per year. At this point in our lives it's more of a time off issue than a financial issue. Oh well, it will happen...someday. :)

Edited by galensgrl
add info

Awesome stories!

the other couple at our table were from Texas. They kept telling us how poor they were and couldn't afford much...not exactly dinner conversation especially when we found out they were in a suite. He wore his ballcap at the table every night, something that drives me nuts, but then toppped it off on the last night. In those days, you brought your envelope to the table to tip the waitstaff. We got there with ours and they asked us what that was for. We explained, and they looked at each other and said, 'ohh, we forgot ours'. They then both got up to 'go get it'. I observed, either their tip is so big it takes both of them to carry it or we'd not see them again...nice stiff job. - .....Thought you were going to say, they were going to ask you to put their names on your envelope also :)

I climbed into a hot tub to enjoy and as I slipped in, said how great the cruise was and how much I was enjoying it. the man next to me set me straight by starting to list all the negative things about the cruise. When it became obvious most of the complaints were about cruising in general, I asked him why he cruised, and he said his wife forced him to go......and as he continued his never ending list of complaints, I got out, walked over to the next hot tub and slipped in. this time I sat quietly until a woman said how much she was enjoying the cruise, so I pipped up with my exclamation of happiness. - .....Thought you were going to say it was grumpy pant's wife.. :)

You've go to know your audience!

Den

On my Equinox December cruise I had the unfortunate pleasure of having an obnoxious eater seated next to me. When he sat, he immediately shared a story of him being accused by the head maitre d' of assaulting him a few days earlier and being forced into a meeting of several department heads including security, Hotel and F&B among others. He was admonished that another incident would cause him to be ejected from the cruise at the next port and he could make his own way home.

It seems he likes to order about five appetizers and five entrees. He insists that all the appetizers be served on one plate at the same time and the same with the entree's. He gets quite abusive with the staff when they don't follow his instructions.

Well our server this night brought his appetizers on separate plates. (At least they all came at one time instead of one at a time.) OOPS. He loudly berated the server. Then proceeded to dump each appetizer onto one plate before wolfing them down.

The server got the point and served all the entrees on one plate. The cruiser did the same with desserts. OMG. You had to be there to believe it. I'm not doing this justice.

BTW the DW, he admitted, refused to eat with him so he dined with us by himself. I was seated with two of the couples from that table the next night. We were all aghast.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Now one on me.

We were at the excursion desk when I noticed the young lady that was helping us was from the United States. I said, “You’re the first American I’ve seen on this ship.” Without missing a beat she responded, “You’re not very observant. I see them everywhere.”

years ago on RC Freedom of the Seas my wife went down to the

promenade to get a cup of coffee when she heard a lady ask the man behind the counter:

"do you get to go home at night"

employee "yes"

lady "how do you do that"

employee "they have speed boats that take us back and forth"

to which the lady left with a puzzled look on her face.

my wife was in hysterics

waiting in line at Guest Services a few hours before sail off a lady screamed

at the poor Guest Services lady "We did not pay all this money for a balcony

just to look at Tampa" to which the Guest Service Lady calmly replied "Give me a few hours and I'll fix that for you"

Before boarding one cold day in Tamp someone said "it sure is cold out" to which their companion replied "Don't worry it will be warm on the ship , it's so high up and closer to the sun"

Okay. I posted earlier on this thread but I held back on this one, because it's so obnoxious. But seeing so many funny sharings about boobs, speedos, and this and that, here it goes:

DH and I rarely sit by the pool but we were relaxing one day a year or two ago poolside. An old man proceeded to get into the hot tub in his jockey underwear. Yes, you heard me right his white underwear, actually the color was more like tattle tale grey. They had a tobacco stain in the rear area, if you know what I mean. We were totally disgusted, and felt sorry for those sharing the hot tub unknowingly with him. When he emerged from the tub, the stained was bleached away I guess from the chlorine chemicals!! EWWWW!!!

Ergo, you will never see us in a hot tub ever again!!

DH and I rarely sit by the pool but we were relaxing one day a year or two ago poolside. An old man proceeded to get into the hot tub in his jockey underwear. Yes' date=' you heard me right his white underwear, actually the color was more like tattle tale grey. They had a tobacco stain in the rear area, if you know what I mean. We were totally disgusted, and felt sorry for those sharing the hot tub unknowingly with him. When he emerged from the tub, the stained was bleached away I guess from the chlorine chemicals!! EWWWW!!!

Ergo, you will never see us in a hot tub ever again!![/quote']

Since there is no self service laundry on the ship, how else was he to do his washing?:D:D:D

I'm with you totally, we never go near the hot tubs.

Since there is no self service laundry on the ship, how else was he to do his washing?:D:D:D

I'm with you totally, we never go near the hot tubs.

Only use our hot tub at home. Gawd knows what is in those public things. YUK!

We have loved every one of our cruises and adore all the people we have met. But one time only, I had an upsetting experience.

It was Silhouette, my daughter and I were in the adult pool area and we got into the pool. It takes me a while - my daughter got straight in and I get down the steps and say to her "I know, I am a coward....." and this American man who was already in the pool - with his baseball cap on - said " well, that's right coming from an English person!". I said "Sorry, what was that?" and he said "Ha! the Great British Empire! Don't make me laugh!"

I was totally shocked by the horrid look on his face and all I could think of was a childish retort of "Oh you stupid fat idiot" to which he replied "I hear ya" and off he went. My daughter burst into tears.

Later in the cruise I saw him - recognised the cap - and a waiter bent to ask him something and he said "I cruise alone". My daughter whispered to me that she wasn't surprised as he surely had no friends.....

I'm still upset just recounting that!! Thank goodness for all the lovely cruisers we meet who make up for the horrible ones.

Is it a purebred peeve?

Good one, got a laugh out of it.

Some of the funniest things we have seen on cruise ships is people watching at the gangplank at debarkation time. Just watching the people running so they don't miss the ship. Kids running to the gangplank for Mom and Dad who are yelling at each other. All types of reactions.

Okay. I posted earlier on this thread but I held back on this one' date=' because it's so obnoxious. But seeing so many funny sharings about boobs, speedos, and this and that, here it goes:

DH and I rarely sit by the pool but we were relaxing one day a year or two ago poolside. An old man proceeded to get into the hot tub in his jockey underwear. Yes, you heard me right his white underwear, actually the color was more like tattle tale grey. They had a tobacco stain in the rear area, if you know what I mean. We were totally disgusted, and felt sorry for those sharing the hot tub unknowingly with him. When he emerged from the tub, the stained was bleached away I guess from the chlorine chemicals!! EWWWW!!!

Ergo, you will never see us in a hot tub ever again!![/quote']

You are on the money, and the same goes for bathtubs. Please, I know many swear by them..Not I

How many wifes do you have???

If you're gonna be the grammar police you need to get the spelling right;). I left off an apostrophe, you have the spelling wrong (it would be "wives"):) And one is good enough if you get the right one! :D