Carnival Corporation Increases Dividend eff. Jun/17

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/news-sources/?date=+20170407&archive=prnews&slug=CL57490

I was hoping they would do this!

Here's an excerpt from the news release linked above:

Carnival Corporation & Plc Increases Quarterly Dividend And Authorizes Additional $1 Billion Share Repurchase Program

Friday, April 07, 2017

Carnival Corporation & plc Increases Quarterly Dividend And Authorizes Additional $1 Billion Share Repurchase Program

10:24 EDT Friday, April 07, 2017

MIAMI, April 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK) has announced a 14 percent increase in its quarterly dividend to $0.40 per share from the previous dividend amount of $0.35 per share.

Additionally, the company's board approved the re-authorization of up to $1 billion in share repurchases covering both Carnival Corporation common stock and Carnival plc ordinary shares. Since resuming the share repurchase program in late 2015 the company has repurchased more than 56 million shares valued at $2.7 billion.

"The increased dividend, along with another $1 billion share repurchase authorization, reflects continued confidence in our outlook and our ongoing commitment to return value to our shareholders," said David Bernstein, chief financial officer for Carnival Corporation & plc.

The board approved a record date for the quarterly dividend of May 26, 2017 with a payment date of June 16, 2017. Holders of Carnival Corporation common stock and Carnival plc ADSs will receive the dividend payable in U.S. dollars. The dividend for Carnival plc ordinary shares will be payable in U.S. dollars or sterling. In the absence of instructions or elections to the contrary, holders of Carnival plc ordinary shares will automatically receive the dividend in sterling.

Dividends payable in sterling will be converted from U.S. dollars at the exchange rate quoted by the Bank of England in London at 12 noon on June 1, 2017. Holders of Carnival plc ordinary shares wishing to receive their dividend in U.S. dollars or participate in the Carnival plc Dividend Reinvestment Plan must elect to do so by May 26, 2017.

Great news in addition to my shares more than doubling since purchase and all the shareholder onboard credits I have received.

If only the rest of my portfolio was like this LOL......

How many shares must you own to qualify for OBC? And, how long must you own it before qualifying for the OBC. We have a cruise on HAL in July and Princess 2018. I was wondering if it is worthwhile.

THANKS !

How many shares must you own to qualify for OBC? And, how long must you own it before qualifying for the OBC. We have a cruise on HAL in July and Princess 2018. I was wondering if it is worthwhile.

THANKS !

100 shares is needed to qualify for the OBC. You need to own it long enough so HAL has time to process the request---probably 2-3 weeks.

You purchase the stock, get proof of ownership, then have your TA (or do it yourself) send the proof to HAL.

THANKS !

Just 100 Shares, Quote this morning is $58.73 per share. I own it in my IRA :)

Sure wish it was allowed up as much are my RCCL!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's good news. With the dividends over the years and the OBC for many cruises, I think our cost is down to about zero! And the stock has gone up a lot since we bought it. Win-win-win!

oops, that's wrong! I have to add the price increase before it pays for itself.

My wife owns 100 shares of Carnival stock. Carnival Corp says the current schedule of shareholder benefits is applicable on sailings through July 31, 2018. We have our first HAL cruise booked for August 2018. Anyone know what would happen if we sent in the OBC request now; would it just be denied (for now) because there's no benefit schedule out that far yet? (Obviously, we can try it and see. Just curious as to whether anyone knows what would happen.)

Thanks

My wife owns 100 shares of Carnival stock. Carnival Corp says the current schedule of shareholder benefits is applicable on sailings through July 31, 2018. We have our first HAL cruise booked for August 2018. Anyone know what would happen if we sent in the OBC request now; would it just be denied (for now) because there's no benefit schedule out that far yet? (Obviously, we can try it and see. Just curious as to whether anyone knows what would happen.)

Thanks

I've had one of my requests denied temporarily when I've sent it in too early. You can send it in up to two/three weeks in advance of the cruise. I would just wait until it is less than a year away to request the benefit, even if your cruise is after the current benefit year.

Should the unthinkable happen, and they take away the credit in 2018, I'm sure they would reverse it from the account, had they granted it upon request. But I would be very surprised if they took away such an important benefit to shareholders. I know I would sell my shares, in a heartbeat, and take the gain that I currently have.

It's good across all Carnival lines not just HAL. If you cruise Carnival lines regularly, it's a screaming deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why do you say HAL excluded? Awhile ago, it was stated that ALL Carnival Corp. lines were under the same umbrealla.

Thanks for the help! Anxious to get in on this as we have an HAL cruised in July 2017 and Princess in Feb. 2018.