Dry Erase Markers on Mirrors

IrishKevinCan

Has anyone ever taken dry erase markers and used them to write notes on the mirrors in their stateroom? I do this at home on the time, just never thought to do so on the ship. They would wipe off, and would save paper so thinking I would try it next cruise. Hoping others have done this.

Has anyone ever taken dry erase markers and used them to write notes on the mirrors in their stateroom? I do this at home on the time, just never thought to do so on the ship. They would wipe off, and would save paper so thinking I would try it next cruise. Hoping others have done this.

I would not. The wrong markers can ghost on the mirror, and can leave residue behind if you hit them with glass cleaner before wiping them dry.

Interesting idea! I would be afraid of chemical damage, but if it works at home, I guess it could work. I just use a note pad when I leave notes. Of course, it' s usually to my room steward or Butler. I don't think they would like reading notes on the mirror. :D

...and would save paper so thinking I would try it next cruise. Hoping others have done this.

No need to concern yourself with saving paper. The ship you're sailing on will give you plenty of daily junk literature you can flip over and write notes on.

I wouldn't want someone renting a property I own to write on the mirrors.

On the Infinity our vanity top had the residue of someone writing Happy.

Only guessing they were using a permanent marker on paper & realized it was bleeding through onto the counter and stopped before they finished.

Looks like there have been many attempts to clean it off but it still visible.

Dry erase markers will not hurt a mirror, you are writing on glass. We use them all the time at work to write on our computer monitors. It's what they are made for. However there is no telling if your room attendant will leave it or erase it. You would probably have to tell him to leave your notes alone.

you can take one of those magnet back note pads and put it on the wall just inside the door for a 'message center' We have magnet strips in our permanently packed cruise kit and our walls are lined with papers!! No mess on the desk.

My older brother used a dry erase marker on his bathroom mirror to draw a circle around the area he wanted the cleaning gal to clean but not the outside area because he didn't use that area. She fired him as a client.

I hope Celebrity doesn't ban you from future sailings or put you off the ship for writing on their mirror. :p

You have no idea how the mirrors on the cabin walls may differ from a mirror at home. I certainly wouldn't assume or guarantee they are the same and therefore will react to the markers the same.

Also, if the steward comes in and sees the writing s/he may attempt to wipe it off with water or cleanser which would be problematic. Additionally, as stated above, some dry markers on some surfaces leave a shadow (thereby destroying property not yours).

It can't possibly be about saving paper since it takes more paper to clean up the writing than it does to leave a message on paper.

There are plenty of other options. Marring up the furniture isn't one of them.

I appreciate the thoughts and feedback that everyone has left. Who knew this would be such a controversial topic?

It was just a thought and I wondered if anyone had ever done it before.

I barely even leave a sock on the cabin floor and am very cognizant of the cabin steward, past and future guests. I would never do anything to compromise anyone's future enjoyment.

Have a great time on your future cruises!

Thanks,

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I guess as an alternative you could write on the glasses or SS bucket, or pitcher that are in your stateroom

As others have suggested posted notes are the best solution. And if you want tons of paper enter the free raffles and art give away. We found that by not signing up for any of that our stateroom mail is nil.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I appreciate the thoughts and feedback that everyone has left. Who knew this would be such a controversial topic?

It was just a thought and I wondered if anyone had ever done it before.

I barely even leave a sock on the cabin floor and am very cognizant of the cabin steward, past and future guests. I would never do anything to compromise anyone's future enjoyment.

Have a great time on your future cruises!

Thanks,

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Kevin,

Rather than relying on the opinions of strangers with no actual expertise in the subject, try this on your next cruise. Bring the dry erase marker with you (it doesn't take up much room or weight in your luggage). Than before you use it, ask an expert, your Steward. He or she (or other Stewards who they talk with) might have experienced dry erase marker use on the mirrors before. If the Steward says it's OK, go ahead and use it. If the answer is no, leave the marker in your luggage. Easy Peasy!

"My older brother used a dry erase marker on his bathroom mirror to draw a circle around the area he wanted the cleaning gal to clean but not the outside area because he didn't use that area. She fired him as a client."

Hysterical !!! Thanks for the laugh.

you can take one of those magnet back note pads and put it on the wall just inside the door for a 'message center' We have magnet strips in our permanently packed cruise kit and our walls are lined with papers!! No mess on the desk.

Would love to know what else is in your cruise kit?

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Ha ha, Kevin, EVERYHTING on here is a controversial topic. I am always amazed by some of the responses.

enjoy your cruse!

I take a couple magnetic Post It notes to put on the inside of door. They are meant to use with mini dry erase markers. You can use them as magnets for holding paper notes and also for writing an erasable note. As an example, I tell dh where I am going if he is not in the cabin for me to tell him directly.

Ha ha, Kevin, EVERYHTING on here is a controversial topic. I am always amazed by some of the responses.

enjoy your cruse!

No kidding, by half the responses it's obvious that some people have no idea what a dry erase marker is or how a mirror is made.