Sabatini or Crown Grill ?

nimiq

Hello all,

We just got a free voucher for two to dine at Sabatini but was wondering if it's possible to change it once onboard to the Crown ?

We have done Sabatini before but it's been 10 years but heard it's not as good so that's why I'm looking into trading for Crown.

Should I try to trade it or stay with Sabatini and give it an other go.

Thanks

Sea ya

Eric

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I loved the crown grill! I don't have any past experience though. I've only been on one princess cruise. I'd choose crown over sabatinis. I love Italian food, but it wasn't the traditional Italian I prefer. If you like steak and seafood then crown grill is probably the better choice.

We love the Crown Grill and is always one of the first bookings we do onboard. On our last cruise we did Sabatini's as well and was OK but not as good as CG IMO. We also did the Crab Shack our first time on a cruise was absolutely fantastic but the last time was diabolical and a total shambles.

After trying the new menu at Sabatini's, I switched our free dinner to Crown Grill. I just called dining reservations and they switched it. I am not a big fan of the new menu in Sabatini's.

Before they changed the menu at Sabitini's I liked them much better. I do not care for the new menu at Sabitini's and I'm not a steak person so neither one will be getting my future business. Look at both menu's when you board and see which one suits your preference then ask to switch.

We love the Crown Grill and is always one of the first bookings we do onboard. On our last cruise we did Sabatini's as well and was OK but not as good as CG IMO. We also did the Crab Shack our first time on a cruise was absolutely fantastic but the last time was diabolical and a total shambles.

Question about the Crab Shack. My husband likes seafood but I don't. If I were to go there with him is there anything I could eat? Like chicken or pasta dishes without seafood? Thanks.

You can ask but I would go to Sabatinis. I just don't think the CG is as good as it once was.

Tony

You know Tony, we have not seen a big difference in the Crown Grill. Sabatini's has changed dramatically from the old endless appetizers days, but has been pretty consistent otherwise. We are looking forward to trying Sabatini's new menu on our next cruise (which I believe you will be on also) in January on CB. But, if we had scored a free dinner in the Crown Grill, I would go there and then spring for Sabatini's later.

Question about the Crab Shack. My husband likes seafood but I don't. If I were to go there with him is there anything I could eat? Like chicken or pasta dishes without seafood? Thanks.

When we last went there was not a great or varied choice of courses and what there was for the main course was mainly seafood based there was no alternative pasta or chicken dishes.

You guys are so right about Sabatini's. I just looked at the old menu, and I could eat there every night throughout a cruise. The new menu -- hard to find one choice in each category. What a shame. But the bottom line is it will cost Princess as we will be one (or none) and done in Sabatini's instead of multiple evenings.

You guys are so right about Sabatini's. I just looked at the old menu, and I could eat there every night throughout a cruise. The new menu -- hard to find one choice in each category. What a shame. But the bottom line is it will cost Princess as we will be one (or none) and done in Sabatini's instead of multiple evenings.

Agreed. We've enjoyed Sabatini's in the past, but have no desire to return now with the new menu. :(

Hello all,

We just got a free voucher for two to dine at Sabatini but was wondering if it's possible to change it once onboard to the Crown ?

We have done Sabatini before but it's been 10 years but heard it's not as good so that's why I'm looking into trading for Crown.

Should I try to trade it or stay with Sabatini and give it an other go.

Thanks

Sea ya

Eric

When you get into your cabin go ahead and call the Dine Line for your request. While on the phone with them make your reservations so know when you want to eat at the Crown Grill.

Formal nights SB were Sunday and Wednesday night, FYI.

Friday night in the MDR is a fun night so don't miss the mdr that night!!.

There is an Italian night was Thursday in the MDR so the change would be good. Both are the same price so the swap should be easy.

We exchanged a Balcony Breakfast to the Crown Grill with no problems.

Enjoy!

Sandra

• 7 months later...

Sorry to revisit an old thread, but I found myself reminiscing about our Sept 2017 cruise on Regal, and wanted to chime in on the old Crown vs Sabatini discussion.

We did both, and while we had positive experiences at each, they were extremely different experiences for us.

The service at the Crown, while still OK, was the worst we got on the cruise. We didn’t have reservations and just swung by, and while they accommodated us, it sure felt like they were doing us a favor. Once seated, service was a bit slow to arrive and then a bit slow through the course of the dinner – even though the restaurant was mostly empty. The service was never awful, but on a ship that provided otherwise exceptional service, this did stand out a bit. However, the food was very good with the steaks being high quality (probably not prime, but very good) and perfectly prepared - praise that I don't hand out lightly. This was clearly the best steak on the ship, and maybe even the best food on the ship, on par with Chef's Table, and better than UBD in terms of actual food. Well worth the $29/pp.

We also didn't have reservations when we went to Sabatini, but when we swung by, we were warmly greeted and treated as royalty. They not only accommodated us, but seemed appreciative of the opportunity (high praise and stark contract to the Crown). The server and service staff was also excellent, prompt, informative, warm, but personable. The service that we got in the UBD and Chef’s Table was probably “better”, but both of those were in atypical settings; Sabatini’s provided the type of service that you might expect from a traditional, but top-end restaurant. The food was good, miles better than the MDR, but I wouldn’t call the food great. Again, easily worth the $29/pp.

Based on my experience, you can't go wrong with either.

You could get food from the buffet. They have wonderful choices in the evening. I assume they would sell your husband a ticket and you could still sit with him. Tell them you're allergic to seafood.

You can still eat off the buffet & join him in the Crabshack area without paying for a meal. He can also supplement his meal with items from the buffet.

The OP can use the voucher in either the CG or Sabatini's. We have done it. Personally we prefer Sabatini's for several reasons including we are not steak eaters so the CG is lost on us. One nice thing about Sabatini's is that it is not as crowded at the CG as everyone as you have seen here wants to go to the CG for their red meat intake. Last cruise on the Ruby we had a voucher for CG since it does not have a Sabatini's but rather a SHARE. On that cruise they had a special offer of $29 for SHARE so we used our voucher in SHARE for a first time visit. IMO much about little so bring back Sabatini's. Both CG and Sabatini's are good food venues so it is what you like.