Elite Status

Hello,

This is my first time on Celebrity and I am told my Diamond Plus status for RC will translate to Elite status on Celebrity. My question is for anyone who has sailed on Celebrity Summit. Is there a Captain's Club lounge like the Diamond Plus lounges on RC? If so what are the amenities?

Thanks!

Celebrity does not have fleetwide a lounge like on Royal. They do have a nightly cocktail hour from 5 to 7 and a morning continental breakfast. Details of where and when will be in a letter in your stateroom.

Hello,

This is my first time on Celebrity and I am told my Diamond Plus status for RC will translate to Elite status on Celebrity. My question is for anyone who has sailed on Celebrity Summit. Is there a Captain's Club lounge like the Diamond Plus lounges on RC? If so what are the amenities?

Thanks!

Celebrity does not have a dedicated lounge for Elites. You will be able to attend the Elite Happy Hour and will, based on cruise length receive invitations for special events including a Theater tour, wine tasting and an Elite tea. You will also be invited to the Captain's Club party. You will receive either coupons or a list of Elite benefits in your cabin.

They will give you 3 coupons for each night....so you are limited...nothing like Rccl.. which is unlimited and happy hour on Rccl last time cruised with them was from 5pm to 8pm...

Even with a drink packages the bar tenders are measuring drinks...nothing like on Royal where you can get a generous pour with no problem.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Elite passengers also get 90 minutes of free WIFI each and a free bag of laundry on cruises of 12 nights or longer as well as priority embarkation, a separate disembarkation lounge with continental breakfast, priority tender status in tender ports among other benefits.

They will give you 3 coupons for each night....so you are limited...nothing like Rccl.. which is unlimited and happy hour on Rccl last time cruised with them was from 5pm to 8pm...

Even with a drink packages the bar tenders are measuring drinks...nothing like on Royal where you can get a generous pour with no problem.

The coupons are only for cruises with large numbers of elites (i.e. frequently on Transatlantic cruises). The vast majority of cruises have a two-hour cocktail event in a lounge with unlimited drinks. I have personally not noticed differences in the drink sizes or strength between RCI and Celebrity - that is probably more a function of individual bartenders than policy across the RCCL brands. Celebrity does not hold the cocktail event on boarding day or on the day of the senior officer cocktail party. I did find that RCI had slightly better quality spirits available than Celebrity does, but not by a large margin.

Edited by Gonzo70

In order to get the perks for your Diamond/Elite status, you will have to get in touch with Captain's Club at Celebrity and give them your Crown and Anchor info so they can enroll you in Captain's Club with the proper status and benefits. Best done by phone 1-800-760-0654.

Happy cruising!

Hello,

Thanks!

No stand alone room like the Diamond Lounge.

Elite passengers also get 90 minutes of free WIFI each and a free bag of laundry on cruises of 12 nights or longer as well as priority embarkation, a separate disembarkation lounge with continental breakfast, priority tender status in tender ports among other benefits.

One bag free laundry on any cruise:cool:, not just 12 night and longer. You get additional discounts for 12 nights or longer. Plus 1 item dry cleaned, 2 items pressed, etc. https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/tiers-and-benefits

One bag free laundry on any cruise:cool:, not just 12 night and longer. You get additional discounts for 12 nights or longer. Plus 1 item dry cleaned, 2 items pressed, etc. https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/tiers-and-benefits

The free bag applies to each cruiser. So we get two bags per cruise. Turn around is real good.

The three drinks are the last option when there are too many elites on board. Another poster mentioned about tying your cruise to your crown and anchor. You have to get a Captain's Club number and associate it with your reservation.

• 3 weeks later...

Are you saying you do not get a bag of laundry on a 7 night cruise? I thought it was one bag per week.

We have also gotten one item pressed and one item dry cleaned in the past.

We like the included scoop of gelato.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you saying you do not get a bag of laundry on a 7 night cruise? I thought it was one bag per week.

Have done the Summit to Bermuda the last 4 years, always got a bag of laundry. Technically, I think the coupon said 20 pieces but it was pretty much a bag.

For Elite passengers on a 7-night cruise we got one coupon (not a bag) for 20 pieces of laundry, wash/dry/fold. For longer cruises we got one coupon (not a bag) for 30 pieces of laundry, wash/dry/fold. For Elite+, we two coupons for either 20 or 30 pieces, depending on length of cruise.

It's normally been 1 dry clean item and 2 press items no matter what the cruise length had been.

The elite perk for laundry is 30 pieces per bag except on cruises with water shortages Baltic and Alaska where it is 20. This is irrespective of length of cruise. I have seen for longer cruises an additional offer of laundry for $20 per bag. As the bag is paper and liable to tear we always bring large plastic bags as inners. If there are two elite people in a cabin then two bags of laundry.

If booze coupons are given out instead of having an elite function they are embedded on ones seapass. The Elite function is losing its popularity as most people these days have drinks packages and the free cocktails are superfluous

I agree, the free elite cocktails are kind of superfluous for many people now, since so many have packages. However, it's a lovely event at sunset. We love to go up in the Sky Lounge and have a couple nice appetizers and just order our drink of choice. Fun to mingle with people and watch the sun go down. We have had Michael's Club as a suite perk but we never go there during the elite cocktail hour as it's so much prettier and better socializing up in Sky Lounge and Michael's has no windows and is smaller and darker.

I find it a little cheap that Celebrity does not provide any kind of welcome drink in the Cabin for Elite while Royal (snd most other lines) do it even for a much lower status.

Celebrity claims to be the more upscale product of both lines but benefits for good customers are much better on Royal.

I find it a little cheap that Celebrity does not provide any kind of welcome drink in the Cabin for Elite while Royal (snd most other lines) do it even for a much lower status.

Celebrity claims to be the more upscale product of both lines but benefits for good customers are much better on Royal.

They provide a drink when you board the ship for everyone....Choice of alcohol or not...

EVERY passenger is provided with some welcome fizz on embarkation!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree, the free elite cocktails are kind of superfluous for many people now, since so many have packages. However, it's a lovely event at sunset. We love to go up in the Sky Lounge and have a couple nice appetizers and just order our drink of choice. Fun to mingle with people and watch the sun go down. We have had Michael's Club as a suite perk but we never go there during the elite cocktail hour as it's so much prettier and better socializing up in Sky Lounge and Michael's has no windows and is smaller and darker.

Glad we are not the only ones who still appreciate the Elite cocktail event. We also usually have access to Michael's Club where we do love the service. We do, however, enjoy meeting fellow cruisers at the Elite events.