Would our steward do this

tbmrt

Haven't cruised Celebrity in a few years.

Remember one of our past stewards would not clean out the minibar for us so we could use for other items. Also was told that we couldn't switch out the bottle of sparkling wine that they put in cabin at embarkation.

Is this still the policy?

Thanks.

If your cabin attendant cannot or will not switch the bottle of sparkling wine take it to the dining room or cellar masters and ask a sommelier to do it. We've never had much we wanted to put in the mini bar so never asked to have it emptied.

Not cleaning out the minibar was not a Celebrity policy but merely a decision by your previous steward. You may have a more efficient steward next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes ... some are better than others. Once, we asked ours to clean out mini bar items and come to find out, he just put them under our bed. They would come rolling out when the ship was swaying.

I guess one escaped right out the front door as we were charged for a can of soda and we don't even drink soda. :confused:

If your cabin steward wont empty the fridge advise guest relations. There is also no requirement that the contents of the fridge must be stored in your cabin. A steward who fails to undertake this simple task is on a slippery slope to nowhere. In 7 cruises I have had only one who was reticent but when I was forthright about having it emptied it was done before the end of day 1

We always ask to have our minibar emptied and haven't been refused yet. A few weeks ago when we asked, our cabin attendant said he would have the minibar attendant do it so that everything would be accounted for and it was taken care of later in the day.

I don't know if that is the policy on some ships or whether maybe our attendant has been accused in the past when something in the minibar went missing so is cautious (in the past I have seen our cabin attendant doing it himself). The good news is that I didn't get charged for any minibar items this time, which has happened 3-4 times in the past on RCI and X, both during and after a cruise.

We asked for it doing and the steward put it in a bag and pushed it under the bed and said he was resonantly responsible for the contents so we stopped asking. Think we will ask next cruise and see what happens. We never drink the bottle of fizz so will also try getting it swapped.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can't you just empty the mini-fridge yourself and store in the cabin? We used to do this all the time on RCI before they stopped filling the fridges. There was usually room in the cabinet beside the fridge to store it. I think we will see what we can get for the fizzy. Two bottles of red sounds much better! Now, if we could get one red and one white, that would be perfect!

You can have the minibar emptied. We have been on cruises with underage kids in separate rooms and didn't want a surprise bill. It is best to have the steward have the minibar guy do it as he will drop in to do inventory and restock periodically and you may not be there to explain it is in a drawer.:eek: