Breakfast in BLU

VitaminSea53

The breakfast foods are very good. I’m fond of the egg white omelette and muesli, depending on the ship can be tableside which is the best. But it’s not so much the food as it is the service and the fact you can get specialty coffees. I usually get there when they open. There will only be five or six other diners there when I leave so no waiting.

It's just good because you don't have to fight the crowds trying to get breakfast off of the buffet in OC. ;) The service is better than in the MDR, and the food is slightly better. I love the smoked salmon, yogurt parfaits. DH likes the Eggs Benedict.

Food is subjective. I did not care for the pancakes as they are typically tough and chewy. If you order an omelette, it comes with asparagus spears, roasted fingerling potatoes and mushrooms. The parfaits and muesli are real good. A main advantage is that you are away from the crowds and chaos. Service is exceptional as it is typically not crowded.

To us breakfast is breakfast. While the individual items are not anything special, what the draw (to us) is the quiet dining room with personalized service.

I actually prefer the buffet because of so many more choices. But you have to deal with the crowds.

We only do the Blu breakfast a couple of times (when I want made to order eggs), but I get sick of potatoes and asparagus every day.

So we mix it up depending on what we want to do that day. It's nice to have choices.

Explore Celebrity’s website and you find many things of interest to help make your cruise enjoyable and answer your questions and maybe more.

Here is a link to the menu for Blu for breakfast, they also show the room in some other part of their site

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/eat-and-drink/restaurants-and-cafes/blu

Happy cruising 🌊🛳🇺🇸🌅

We are new to Aqua Class and in reading reviews about Blu, the universal comment is that the Breakfasts are wonderful. Can you give me an example of what items are included that are so good?

The food is amazing!

Happy to oblige... please check out the video I made:

Cheers,

Bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's just good because you don't have to fight the crowds trying to get breakfast off of the buffet in OC. ;) The service is better than in the MDR, and the food is slightly better. I love the smoked salmon, yogurt parfaits. DH likes the Eggs Benedict.

Blu Parfait is the best reason to go in there in the morning!

(See you on the Edge inaugural next year!)

Cheers,

Bob

Food is subjective. I did not care for the pancakes as they are typically tough and chewy. If you order an omelette, it comes with asparagus spears, roasted fingerling potatoes and mushrooms. The parfaits and muesli are real good. A main advantage is that you are away from the crowds and chaos. Service is exceptional as it is typically not crowded.

The asparagus, potatoes and mushrooms seem to come with any egg dish. And when I ordered a side of English back bacon to go with my French toast, the bacon came on a separate plate with the asparagus, potatoes and mushrooms! You can either eat them or ignore them.

I loved the Eggs Benedict. The pancakes were also very good. I just loved the atmosphere of Blu and getting to know the staff and how they make you feel special.

As I recall,Eggs Benedict has never been on the Blu breakfast menu or at least through our last Aqua cruise last December. We will always ask if they can make Eggs Benedict and it has been hit or miss on our AQ cruises. When we were told no...the missing ingredient was Hollandaise sauce....which apparently nobody wanted to make.

Hank

On the Equinox in May we had fantastic muesli, eggs benedict, pancakes, french toast, etc. Eggs were poached nicely. Another cruise line we've been on served their benedict with an egg cooked hard boiled :( even when you asked for it soft.

Nice and relaxing in Blu. We also ate there before early shore excursions, beach bags in tow.

Just off Infinity..AQ Class

BLU in breakfast ..,excellent way to start the day, stress free.

Enjoyed French toast, the fritata, perfect poached eggs, made to order omelets, smoked Salmon platter, Eng and reg bacon, ham, Muesli ( not made table side), fresh fruit, rolls, pastries. Eggs benedict is on the menu ,enjoyed that too ( looked like ham not Canadian bacon ?). Excellent service, pleasant staff.

We went to MDR a few times due to early hours, Not as good as BLU but they have waffles there. Never made it to the Elite breakfast..,short cruise.

Lavaza coffee still served ship wide,..I think it's bitter but they have nice tea selections.

We love the service in the blue plus the relaxed pace. If you don't want the asparagus, potatoes, and mushrooms with your egg order, just order without garnish. I love the smoked salmon and have a salmon omelet with no garnish and extra salmon on the same plate with capers and onion. My wife orders eggs Benedict but it's really eggs Florentine which is with spinach. Ask for extra ham (Canadian bacon) on the eggs Benedict because the ham is very thin. I also order a bowl on berries. Basically you can customize any thing on the menu to your liking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Blu Parfait is the best reason to go in there in the morning!

(See you on the Edge inaugural next year!)

Cheers,

:D

The asparagus, potatoes and mushrooms seem to come with any egg dish. And when I ordered a side of English back bacon to go with my French toast, the bacon came on a separate plate with the asparagus, potatoes and mushrooms! You can either eat them or ignore them.

I cannot stomach something like asparagus and potatoes in the morning. I usually ask for the garnish not be included, but they don't always listen. :rolleyes:

As I recall,Eggs Benedict has never been on the Blu breakfast menu or at least through our last Aqua cruise last December. We will always ask if they can make Eggs Benedict and it has been hit or miss on our AQ cruises. When we were told no...the missing ingredient was Hollandaise sauce....which apparently nobody wanted to make.

I'm not sure if they are on the menu or not, but DH always orders them in both Blu and Luminae, and has never been denied. ;)

We're the odd ducks. We didn't care for the breakfast in Blu.

Wasn't able to get Eggs Benedict. Missed hash brown potatoes. The asparagus and finger link potatoes got old after awhile and at the end of the week the potatoes were greenish.

So this upcoming cruise, we'll be in Conceirge.

The food is amazing!

Happy to oblige... please check out the video I made:

Cheers,

Bob

Loved your video! The food looks fabulous. Funny thing is we sailed in Aqua Class on Reflection in September 2016 and I don't remember seeing desserts like the ones in the video - and many of the entrees also didn't ring a bell. When were these photos taken? I am wondering if these dishes are representative of the new Blu menu. Mid so, I can't wait for my cruise in Aqua Class on Eclipse next summer.

What time is breakfast served? Looking forward to breakfast in Blu on our next cruise.

On our last cruise in the spring on Equinox, Blu was open for breakfast from either 7:30 am to 9:00 am (port days) or 8:00 am to 9:30 am (sea days). It was never open past 9:30 am. The MDR breakfast schedule is the same.

The regular breakfast in Ocean View Cafe closed at 10 am. And a "late breakfast" was available until 11 am.

Breakfast is so much more enjoyable in Blu, since it is a peaceful relaxing environment. The food is also good. I liked the muesli; but loved their omelets. Here are a couple pics. The one is of all the items that can be added to the muesli.

con_i-8884.JPG

con_i-8887.JPG

Now that bacon looks awesome, and done.:D