I don't flaunt my C&A Status

I’m surprised at the number of folks who agreed with this. How exactly does one flaunt their status on an anonymous message board? I guess the phrase “flaunt your status” doesn’t mean the same thing to everyone.

Hi blackshirt, I remember your name from our roll call. I also disagree with many posters.

No matter where you go, there will be the rude people who pull the "Do You Know Who I Am" attitude. Then, there are also people who have more money and status than anyone would know who are super kind and gracious. I don't judge a person by their status, possessions, clothes, etc. I judge them by how they treat others.

I hate to say this, but the tone of your post gives me the impression that you resent anyone with a higher status as if it actually means something. It doesn't. My last cruise was my first cruise as a diamond member. While I enjoyed the free cocktails in the evening, nothing else changed. I was still kind to everyone I came in contact with. I still did the same things I did before. The status is a nice little perk, but it says nothing about the person.

He just sounds very young in his posts. He travels with his dad. I had him on ignore for a while, because he is a little embarrassing for a northern Californian. But I think travelplus is harmless, and there is really no need to respond to him if you look at his past posts. :D:):D

I only noticed it on our last cruise. We are lowly Platinum one night from Emerald. A couple cut in front of us at the terminal because they "were in a suite". So were we. Woo hoo. Got one person closer! Then I did notice 3 Pinnacles. One couple refused to sit with the rest of us lowly peeps at the B2B lunch. Sat in the middle of the MDR with their name tags on. Officers came by them often. Another at the bar kept running in between seats flashing his card at the bartenders who were trying to help folks in order. Other than that I have encountered nice people who never say their status.

Just off Majesty this morning. We had 2 fake Pinnacles onboard. They actually had name tags that resembled the Pinnacle name tag but was a bit larger. All the staff was focused on was the name tag and they were all over them. They were even invited to the Captains table and received priority treatment going through customs since the port employees thought they were Pinnacle.

It's on your luggage tags, sign and sail, and sea pass cards. How can they fake it? Impossible! The ship has your status in the computer. Maybe they just wanted larger name tags, but they had to be Pinnacle.

Very hard to fake Pinnacle Club status. The LAs, Diamond Concierges and Suite Concierges all have lists on ones status. Also on your sea pass card.

He just sounds very young in his posts. He travels with his dad. I had him on ignore for a while, because he is a little embarrassing for a northern Californian. But I think travelplus is harmless, and there is really no need to respond to him if you look at his past posts. :D:):D

Wow, care to explain that statement?:confused:

First, I sympathise with the OP. I don't like to create a fuss, try not to be over-bearing or demanding. Plus, I don't believe that my loyalty status gives me any advantage over getting problems resolved. Generally guest services try their best to resolve matters irrespective of status. Being rude or demanding is not going to help so those who do this are only shooting themselves in the foot.

On the ships I have sailed on, Pinnacle members are a tiny minority. Often just a handful amongst thousands of passengers. I don't usually notice them or associate their behaviour with their status. They are just like everyone else on the ship, some are rude and others kind and friendly. Applies equally to everybody else on the ship irrespective of their status.

There is sadly a growing entitlement culture so some who achieve Diamond status or above have a misguided perception of privilege. A similar problem exists amongst some who are in suites. In both cases, there are benefits with dedicated concierges and perks which leads to a more comfortable experience. Some people perhaps are unable to distinguish the difference between making best use of the perks and acting in an unacceptable manner.

One final observation. There is a tendency on this forum to associate rude behaviour with high loyalty status and I disagree that there is a strong link. I personally find it difficult to understand how those who are not Diamond or above, get so pre-occupied with those who are. There are thousands of passengers on a typical cruise ship, associating isolated incidents with loyalty status is ridiculous.

Ditto

LoL, ,my first thought also. My opinion is that whether it is your first cruise or your 50th cruise you you should be treated exactly the same as every other passenger.

Special lounges and other perks I completely understand as loyalty rewards but preferential treatment otherwise... no.

And I keep picturing that old, rich guy from Gilligan Island reruns.

We are diamond and in small writing on the sea pass card it shows that, doesnt make any difference to our cruise experience.

Never had a drink in diamond lounge.

But the problem comes up when on non oasis class ships when you travel in a suite (yup you pay for what you want), you get comments about the gold sea pass card, from time to time. Not all the time, but when getting your reserved seat in a show.

Or using saved seating in WJ when the place is crazy.

We do not flaunt it.........we paid for it, it just is we like the room in a suite and can only cruise once a year.

On Oasis class sailings we usually get a CL (sky class) so the attention seems to be placed on star class with their genies.

Great perks for star class, they deserve their perks, they paid for them, and that is how they select to cruise.

Does not bother us,

We just want to cruise and have fun, meet new people status does not matter.

Enjoy cruising we do.

Sea Ya

Actually saying that "you are some of the nicest people" tells me that there is a good chance you are not. No offense intended, just letting you know it comes across that way. A little humility goes a long way, and most nice people would never say that sort of thing about themselves. It rings especially hollow when it is wrapped up in a rant about how other people with a higher status are somehow offending you. If you are a youngster as some have stated, please take this as it was meant... well meaning advice from an older geezer who made his share of mistakes as a kid.

My Father and I are almost Diamond and when we sail we are some of the nicest people around who loves to socialize.

To me it does not matter if we are Gold or Emerald just that we are having a fun time and socializing with the right people.

I have never used status to get us better service. I figure the agent at the front desk or MDR can see our status on our SeaPass Card.

Whenver there is a problem I hand over the SeaPass card and they say"Thank You for being a loyal guest let me see what I can do".

I have seen these people rush up to the front of the line yelling and flashing their SeaPass Card saying" Were Diamond Were Diamond+ and we need you to fix this now. I don't care about the line.

I would never fathom to do this. The cruiseline knows who is a good customer. If we have an issue we bring it up to the front desk who notates the account and we then allow them to rectify the situation.

We also leave feedback wih corporate an they have helped us. You see its the way you give feedback.

Once I got the chance to speak with the Head of Guest Relations about the smoking policy not being enforced. He agreed with me and took it upon himself to get it resolved.

If you don't speak up how can they read your mind if you are having a problem?

The same goes for flying in First Class. I am gracious to the flight attendants and they have commented how nice the man in seat 1A is and offered me better service. Wherever i go I try to be gracious and understading.

What are your views on this? It doesn't get you extra brownie points to cut in front of line unless you have a life threatening emergency and flaunt your status. I am sure the front desk agents talk durirng their breaks about these kind of entitled guests.

We have always found the friendly approach always works best to achieve what you require.

Count me in as having been on many cruises and have never witnessed anyone flagrantly waving their status around. 99% of upper tier C&A members we have met have been gracious, helpful, and welcoming. We ignore the other 1% ;)

There are bad and good in all walks of life. Has nothing to do with how many cruises you have been on, or what your C&A level is. The upper tier members just love to cruise, that's all. :)

Flaunt - verb

display (something) ostentatiously, especially in order to provoke envy or admiration or to show defiance.

The Diamond member used their status to request special treatment, right? The described behavior by definition is not flaunting.

umm.... I guess my signature line here would amount to "flaunting" to the op? I hope not... :confused:

My interpretation?

The fact that you’re even bringing it up means you’re flaunting your status.

Ironic, isn't it?

As if they want to tell everyone how much better they are because they are not showing how much better they are....

There's no reason to bring it up, ever.

Count me in as having been on many cruises and have never witnessed anyone flagrantly waving their status around. 99% of upper tier C&A members we have met have been gracious, helpful, and welcoming. We ignore the other 1% ;)

There are bad and good in all walks of life. Has nothing to do with how many cruises you have been on, or what your C&A level is. The upper tier members just love to cruise, that's all. :)

Well said. Thank you.

Let’s put flaunting Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor “STATUS” in proper perspective:

We enjoy eating out when at home and sometimes we encounter slow service (usually because the restaurant is busy). At such times, one of us will say to the other “Don’t they know that we are Pinnacle...should I put on my pin!!!!”....and then laugh at ourselves.

That C&A pin/status means nothing to the world. HaHa. Sadly, it doesn’t even get us a discount at Starbucks!!:):D:)

Let’s put flaunting Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor “STATUS” in proper perspective:

We enjoy eating out when at home and sometimes we encounter slow service (usually because the restaurant is busy). At such times, one of us will say to the other “Don’t they know that we are Pinnacle...should I put on my pin!!!!”....and then laugh at ourselves.

That C&A pin/status means nothing to the world. HaHa. Sadly, it doesn’t even get us a discount at Starbucks!!:):D:)

Aww...I will happily buy you both a cup of coffee Gil and Gail! ;) Still hope to have the pleasure of your company again on a future cruise! :D

There’s something about cruising that brings out the diva in people. I haven’t quite figured out why

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Being spoiled by the Royal crew has something to do with it....we are all divas on our cruise vacations with RCI. :D

I have yet to encounter a rude cruiser flaunting their c&a status. The rudest people I encountered on a cruise ship had no status at all. Being rude has nothing to do with your amount of cruise points. Some people are always rude, even in the supermarket. Saw a lot of pinnacle on my TA and talked to a few of them. They weren’t flaunting their status and they were very nice. Sure, they wear their pin. Is that flaunting? No. They spent a lot of money to get there. And the nicest person you can meet on a ship is quadruple pinnacle (times 10). You all know who I mean.

If you are a kind and gentle person and you’re always polite, you won’t act differently once you become D, D+ or pinnacle. Some people may think you are not nice because of that and steer clear from you. If you are nice to people, they’ll be nice to you.

Cindy