I don't flaunt my C&A Status

I have yet to encounter a rude cruiser flaunting their c&a status. The rudest people I encountered on a cruise ship had no status at all. Being rude has nothing to do with your amount of cruise points. Some people are always rude, even in the supermarket. Saw a lot of pinnacle on my TA and talked to a few of them. They weren’t flaunting their status and they were very nice. Sure, they wear their pin. Is that flaunting? No. They spent a lot of money to get there. And the nicest person you can meet on a ship is quadruple pinnacle (times 10). You all know who I mean.

If you are a kind and gentle person and you’re always polite, you won’t act differently once you become D, D+ or pinnacle. Some people may think you are not nice because of that and steer clear from you. If you are nice to people, they’ll be nice to you.

Cindy

Very well said and totally agree. :)

Ironic, isn't it?

As if they want to tell everyone how much better they are because they are not showing how much better they are....

There's no reason to bring it up, ever.

And to add how nice they are to the crew when they fly business/first.;)

We try to be appreciative that we get to cruise so often. We also treat people how we like to be treated.

Jerks and entitled people will be just that. Does not matter what status they have.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Wow, I must pick bad cruises since I've seen lots of card waving and heard the "Don't you realize I'm xxx status"

Last time out we did chef's table, there were 8 of us total. To start with, I was going to sit down and one (not) gentleman told me I couldn't sit in that chair because it was his seat. I was like what, but I just moved. Then he along with his 3 travel partners monopolized the whole dinner conversation about how many trips they had taken and all the perks they get. Then they complained to the guys running the dinner because the chef didn't come out it was only the assistant chef or something weird like that. They pulled out the old "we've done this a ton of times and are Diamond and you're not doing the dinner right" SMH dh and I we really happy once dinner was over!

I have yet to encounter a rude cruiser flaunting their c&a status. The rudest people I encountered on a cruise ship had no status at all. Being rude has nothing to do with your amount of cruise points. Some people are always rude, even in the supermarket. Saw a lot of pinnacle on my TA and talked to a few of them. They weren’t flaunting their status and they were very nice. Sure, they wear their pin. Is that flaunting? No. They spent a lot of money to get there. And the nicest person you can meet on a ship is quadruple pinnacle (times 10). You all know who I mean.

If you are a kind and gentle person and you’re always polite, you won’t act differently once you become D, D+ or pinnacle. Some people may think you are not nice because of that and steer clear from you. If you are nice to people, they’ll be nice to you.

Cindy

Very true.

We try to be appreciative that we get to cruise so often. We also treat people how we like to be treated.

Jerks and entitled people will be just that. Does not matter what status they have.

Exactly my philosophy.

Thats why most of us give extra tips on top of prepaid or autogratuities because we get excellent customer service.
I am in total agreement. Of all our cruises we have had only 1 ok room steward. Still got the auto grants but the ONLY time we were not wowed and left extra tips. In the dining room we have had outstanding service from the wait staff on every cruise.

Because of this we have been loyal to royal.

I actually hate it when people ask me what my status is...

And it's something I wouldn't ever mention myself.

I can't remember anyone asking me what my status was although i have been asked several times How many cruises have you done?

I don't really notice any "flaunting of C&A status" like you described at Guest Services. I am sure it has happened but I think that is the rare exception rather than the rule.

I can't comment on RCCL, but I have seen it a number of different times on my 11 Princess cruises. This is especially true for tender lines as well as lines at the passenger services desk.

One thing I do like about RCCL is how your points from another line (Celebrity) count towards your loyalty level on RCCL. I have a November 2018 cruise booked on the Ovation and due to my 3x Celebrity cruises along with my two previous RCCL cruises I am at Diamond level.....

Bob

I can't comment on RCCL, but I have seen it a number of different times on my 11 Princess cruises. This is especially true for tender lines as well as lines at the passenger services desk.

One thing I do like about RCCL is how your points from another line (Celebrity) count towards your loyalty level on RCCL. I have a November 2018 cruise booked on the Ovation and due to my 3x Celebrity cruises along with my two previous RCCL cruises I am at Diamond level.....

Bob

Bob, your status is ONLY MATCHED between Royal and Celebrity. If you sailed on Celebrity and are Elite, you become Diamond on Royal if you contact the C/A dept to set it up. Your cruise points that you are earning on RCI are NOT added to your Celebrity profile, you have NOT grown in points.

These new cruise points now with RCI are started at the bottom tier. You remain Diamond with RCI until your points exceed Diamond level to obtain D+,but these same points DO NOT accumulate toward your Celebrity status. And vice versa.

So you actually stay at a stand still with your upper tier status.

"As a benefit of Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club membership in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society, you will receive equivalent recognition in Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club and Azamara Club Cruises’ Le Club Voyage. If you are currently a member of each loyalty program, you will automatically receive benefits based on your membership level between each. For instance, if you are a Crown & Anchor Platinum or Emerald member and a Captain's Club Classic member, you will be automatically be entitled to the Select level in the Captain's Club and Explorer in Le Club Voyage . If you are a Diamond or Diamond Plus member; you will automatically receive equivalent recognition as a Captain's Club Elite member and Discoverer in Le Club Voyage. The benefits of the programs will stay independent, and the number of sailings a member accrues on each brand will not be combined. You will earn the Cruise Credit or Cruise Point for the brand you are sailing as long as you are a member of that brand's loyalty program.

If you are a Captain’s Club Select or Le Club Voyage Explorer member, then you will receive Platinum benefits if you sail on a Royal Caribbean ship. If you are a Captain’s Club Elite or Discoverer in Le Club Voyage, then you will receive Diamond benefits for the Crown & Anchor Society.

If you are a Platinum, Diamond or Diamond Plus member in the Crown & Anchor Society but not a member of the Captain's Club or Le Club Voyage and plan on sailing on Celebrity Cruises or Azamara Club Cruises, respectively, call the Loyalty Service Center at (800) 526-9723 to enroll for equivalent recognition. And please remember to provide your Membership Number whenever you reserve a cruise vacation to receive all the benefits you deserve."

I can't remember anyone asking me what my status was although i have been asked several times How many cruises have you done?

I've had the question asked of myself. I simply told the inquisitor the truth.

"My Status?................still breathing!...............for now". :D

I have never been to customer service, I thought that was only for people with cash accounts. Lol And i dont ever remember filling out a survey, guess ive been satified or happy

No, it is also for people who have drinks charged to their account that they didn't buy, erroneous towel charges for towels that were returned, charges for minibar stuff that was never consumed, and lost credit card info for which they would not let me off the ship.;)

We used to have people ask us how many points we had. My response would be, “First tell me how much you have in your Portfolio.” I had other responses ready just in case they asked again.

Warning! The following account may be viewed as a humble brag. Take precautionary measures!

Back when the loyalty ambassador did future bookings, we were just standing up for our scheduled appointment when a woman swooped in looked at us and said, "Sorry I'm a diamond" and proceeded to sit down with Loyalty Ambassador. The fact that we were D+ was amusing. Status aside, the fact that the Loyalty Ambassador allowed her to sit down was very disappointing given we had an appointment. Anyway, it does happen. Thankfully they're only a minority.