I don't flaunt my C&A Status

I have sailed on many cruise lines. I notice that CC members on RCCL tend to flaunt their status.

By simply posting past sailings and future sailings in your signature, you are "bragging". I choose not to post my many sailings because I don't care what other people think!!

We like reading past and future cruises in poster's signatures. Gives us opportunities to ask posters questions on past cruises and their expectations on future cruises. Posting past & future cruises has been a 'sacred cow' on Cruise Critic since the beginning of time -- please don't take it away.

I don't care what anyone thinks of my level in C&A...but I sure love the program. I will happily take the free bottles of wine, drinks, lounge privileges, free photos, balcony discount, free laundry, etc. etc..etc. :D I do care about that...and you can call it silly all you like. ;p It is not called a loyalty program for nothing...and cruise lines are most definitely not the only companies with a loyalty program. ;)

My feelings also. You are so correct. It took a long time for us to achieve our status.

We like reading past and future cruises in poster's signatures. Gives us opportunities to ask posters questions on past cruises and their expectations on future cruises. Posting past & future cruises has been a 'sacred cow' on Cruise Critic since the beginning of time -- please don't take it away.

I agree,you can learn a lot from other people's experiences.

There are MANY cruisers who are D+ with MANY more cruises than we have! We meet them in the Concierge Lounge and it is astounding. The only time my husband wears his D+ pin is on formal night (I never wear mine...it never goes with my outfit!) If there are any issues, when you speak to Guest Services, they immediately know what level you are...no need to say anything. It is like everywhere else...obnoxious people like to throw their weight around...and are recognized by others as jerks.

Agree it does not.

I don't care what anyone thinks of my level in C&A...but I sure love the program. I will happily take the free bottles of wine, drinks, lounge privileges, free photos, balcony discount, free laundry, etc. etc..etc. :D I do care about that...and you can call it silly all you like. ;p It is not called a loyalty program for nothing...and cruise lines are most definitely not the only companies with a loyalty program. ;)

I love the perks too!

I list my cruising for memories and to keep track of how many cruises I’ve taken when I complete my Check-in questions about my cruising history.

My DH and I will be Diamond after completing the B2B in November. We are very excited for the perks - not to brag to other cruisers. We enjoy meeting other cruisers and love hearing about their journeys. That’s why I joined this forum.

I find it interesting that some people make general disparaging statements about members Diamond and above, while the ones that are being critized don’t make derogatory comments about other cruisers. I’m the same person I was on my very first cruise and will continue to be the same until I die.

I have sailed on many cruise lines. I notice that CC members on RCCL tend to flaunt their status.

By simply posting past sailings and future sailings in your signature, you are "bragging". I choose not to post my many sailings because I don't care what other people think!!

Wrong!!! And I don't care what you think/assume.

And I would not. I like the atmosphere on RCI. That is the reason that I cruise with this line.

My point really was I don't think frequent cruising on a mass market line is an indication of success. We started cruising when our kids were young because it was a very affordable family vacation. I suspect there are others that started for the same reason.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wrong!!! And I don't care what you think/assume.

And I totally agree!!

If they have a problem with our signatures, pins, C&A level..ect.

Guess what...It's their problem..not ours. ;):D

Cruise on...cruise on...it's what we love. :hearteyes:

My point really was I don't think frequent cruising on a mass market line is an indication of success. We started cruising when our kids were young because it was a very affordable family vacation. I suspect there are others that started for the same reason.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

See my post #119.

Perceived success? Not the reason I cruise with a brand that rewards my loyalty. ;)

You've basically hit "the nail on the head." You'd think that folks who desire to show "status" would aspire to share stories of travel on luxury lines rather than flaunt some indication of the frequency of their low end cruises.

It's funny how you think folks on luxury lines are "travelers," but folks on mass market lines are "low end cruisers." :rolleyes:

I don't much flaunt my status. I also don't feel much of a need to start a thread and give myself a pat on the back either.

Was thinking exactly the same thing last week when I read the OP, but I didn't want to say it.....:evilsmile:

JC

On Harmony 2 weeks ago, we were enjoying drinks at the bar. Over the course of the week we became "regulars" for this bartender. During one discussion, we mentioned doing Trans Atlantic cruising. The bartender made the comment that the TA cruises are full of Diamonds. Which then turned into a conversation about how much of a handful the Diamonds are... not his favorite.

It's funny how you think folks on luxury lines are "travelers," but folks on mass market lines are "low end cruisers." :rolleyes:

Valid comment. Nonetheless, you must admit that one reason some folks choose the more expensive experience is to avoid what are some of the major negative (perceived and/or real) problems wrongly associated with ALL "cruising," including:

>hordes of passengers on sardine-packed mega ships.

>"nickel-diming" and "photogs-in-your-face" obtrusiveness.

> food reminiscent of Appleby's and Golden Corral.

> "prom nights" and "chair hogs"

>the forced classism of company-manufactured status such as that found in C&A.

Don't get me wrong. Those circumstances/behaviors may appeal to some folks or just be an acceptable trade-off related to convenience/affordability. But, the same above-mentioned "cruise" issues are what erroneously keep many cruise-avoidant folks unaware of what is the diversity of possible experiences, including the delight of cosmopolitan "travel" that is available to them when they choose the premium/luxury "cruise" industry segment (where everyone enjoys a "status" that, ironically, they could care less about).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Boy oh boy did this topic hit my hot button! Last month I went on a cruise with a cruising buddy that I had cruised with three times before, we were both Diamond Plus but that didn't matter we had a great time together, such fun. Now she has made pinnacle and also totally changed personalities, no longer fun all about " I'm pinnacle , everybody bow down and kiss my feet". I was expected to walk two steps behind let her call all the shots was constantly reminded that she was slumming it by going to the Diamond Lounge with me when she could be in the Concierge Lounge, we had to eat in the Coastal Kitchen every night I would have much preferred having a fun large table in the dining room instead of her. Every Shore day and debarkation day we had to get up at the crack of dawn so her concierge could walk us off the ship before all of "those people". Even another couple at the "lowly diamond lounge " got fed up of hearing of course I'm pinnacle and called her out on it but she was so busy talking with her eyes rolled up in her head that she didn't notice. We did have dinner one night in Coastal Kitchen with another Pinnacle couple. The man said I don't want to be associated with" those people." Meaning anybody that's not pinnacles.

I was so sick of hearing all this BS that right now the thought of going on a cruise turns my stomach. Before this experience I was immediately looking for another Cruise the minute I got off and sometimes while I was on board, but not now it just really was a horrible experience. I haven't spoken to her since. I guess some people have such meaningless lives that going and being Queen for a week just totally warps their brain.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Boy oh boy did this topic hit my hot button! Last month I went on a cruise with a cruising buddy that I had cruised with three times before, we were both Diamond Plus but that didn't matter we had a great time together, such fun. Now she has made pinnacle and also totally changed personalities, no longer fun all about " I'm pinnacle , everybody bow down and kiss my feet". I was expected to walk two steps behind let her call all the shots was constantly reminded that she was slumming it by going to the Diamond Lounge with me when she could be in the Concierge Lounge, we had to eat in the Coastal Kitchen every night I would have much preferred having a fun large table in the dining room instead of her. Every Shore day and debarkation day we had to get up at the crack of dawn so her concierge could walk us off the ship before all of "those people". Even another couple at the "lowly diamond lounge " got fed up of hearing of course I'm pinnacle and called her out on it but she was so busy talking with her eyes rolled up in her head that she didn't notice. We did have dinner one night in Coastal Kitchen with another Pinnacle couple. The man said I don't want to be associated with" those people." Meaning anybody that's not pinnacles.

I was so sick of hearing all this BS that right now the thought of going on a cruise turns my stomach. Before this experience I was immediately looking for another Cruise the minute I got off and sometimes while I was on board, but not now it just really was a horrible experience. I haven't spoken to her since. I guess some people have such meaningless lives that going and being Queen for a week just totally warps their brain.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sounds like it may be time for you to move on to the premium/luxury lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Boy oh boy did this topic hit my hot button! Last month I went on a cruise with a cruising buddy that I had cruised with three times before, we were both Diamond Plus but that didn't matter we had a great time together, such fun. Now she has made pinnacle and also totally changed personalities, no longer fun all about " I'm pinnacle , everybody bow down and kiss my feet".

Yeah...unfortunately this kind of behavior is sad but true with a number of folks - not most of them though - who think some form of status elevates them to some form of royalty. That applies to airline program status, cruiseline status, and other such "loyalty programs". It even occasionally applies with posters on this site.

Fortunately, this is not the case with the majority of people earning some form of loyalty status.

In our case, despite being a 2Million plus airline flyer and Emerald cruiser on RCI...we have the attitude of those things don't mean squat to anyone but us - and only worthy of getting some added perks from time to time...that's it. There are plenty of folks at higher status levels, and we wish them well, just like those at lower levels. Status for travel means nothing to other passengers.

We have several friends who ask advice about travel from time to time, and some that sail with us as well. In those cases, we provide information (not opinions), unless something else is asked for by them. It's for those very reasons that they enjoy joining us on cruises - they get to enjoy things there way, maybe get a few added deals on some specific things..and if asked...we help with information. That's it.

Finally...let me point to the fact that there are some very senior-level loyalty program folks at this site who routinely help others, answer questions, and provided useful information. They don't flaunt their status at all.

In those other cases the poster mentioned...just ignore/avoid the snobs.