I don't flaunt my C&A Status

I do not see the need for anyone to flaunt their status. Yes you may be lucky and can afford to go on any many cruise's but your arse points the same way as mine so wait in line like everyone else and respect others. You would not go into the local supermarket and try to juke the queue or get special treatment because you have a loyalty card.

Warning! The following account may be viewed as a humble brag. Take precautionary measures!

Back when the loyalty ambassador did future bookings, we were just standing up for our scheduled appointment when a woman swooped in looked at us and said, "Sorry I'm a diamond" and proceeded to sit down with Loyalty Ambassador. The fact that we were D+ was amusing. Status aside, the fact that the Loyalty Ambassador allowed her to sit down was very disappointing given we had an appointment. Anyway, it does happen. Thankfully they're only a minority.

Better she came across you than me in that case. I don't care if you're a purple people eater or Richard Fain's niece, if I have an appointment time that's my time and no one elses.

Better she came across you than me in that case. I don't care if you're a purple people eater or Richard Fain's niece, if I have an appointment time that's my time and no one elses.

Agreed.If I'm waiting my turn and someone pushes in i will say something to them or the person i am waiting to see

I have sailed on many cruise lines. I notice that CC members on RCCL tend to flaunt their status.

By simply posting past sailings and future sailings in your signature, you are "bragging". I choose not to post my many sailings because I don't care what other people think!!

I wonder why that would be? And I suspect that people feel that the ability to cruise frequently signifies success in other aspects of life.

I suppose some would interpret it that way. As a frequent cruiser on mass market lines, we cruise because it is a budget friendly way to vacation.

If money were no object, I would be cruising on Regent or Crystal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

.........we were just standing up for our scheduled appointment when a woman swooped in looked at us and said, "Sorry I'm a diamond" and proceeded to sit down with Loyalty Ambassador. The fact that we were D+ was amusing. Status aside, the fact that the Loyalty Ambassador allowed her to sit down was very disappointing given we had an appointment. Anyway, it does happen. Thankfully they're only a minority.

Sorry for your disappointing experience Big_G. Does not matter what level they are at, as it is very very rude.

I agree with LMaxwell. I would have immediately gone to the LA and stated I had an appointment (and those people cut in front of me). This would be a great time to flaunt your C&A status.

I suppose some would interpret it that way. As a frequent cruiser on mass market lines, we cruise because it is a budget friendly way to vacation.

You've basically hit "the nail on the head." You'd think that folks who desire to show "status" would aspire to share stories of travel on luxury lines rather than flaunt some indication of the frequency of their low end cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bob, your status is ONLY MATCHED between Royal and Celebrity. If you sailed on Celebrity and are Elite, you become Diamond on Royal if you contact the C/A dept to set it up. Your cruise points that you are earning on RCI are NOT added to your Celebrity profile, you have NOT grown in points.

These new cruise points now with RCI are started at the bottom tier. You remain Diamond with RCI until your points exceed Diamond level to obtain D+,but these same points DO NOT accumulate toward your Celebrity status. And vice versa.

So you actually stay at a stand still with your upper tier status.

"As a benefit of Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club membership in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society, you will receive equivalent recognition in Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club and Azamara Club Cruises’ Le Club Voyage. If you are currently a member of each loyalty program, you will automatically receive benefits based on your membership level between each. For instance, if you are a Crown & Anchor Platinum or Emerald member and a Captain's Club Classic member, you will be automatically be entitled to the Select level in the Captain's Club and Explorer in Le Club Voyage . If you are a Diamond or Diamond Plus member; you will automatically receive equivalent recognition as a Captain's Club Elite member and Discoverer in Le Club Voyage. The benefits of the programs will stay independent, and the number of sailings a member accrues on each brand will not be combined. You will earn the Cruise Credit or Cruise Point for the brand you are sailing as long as you are a member of that brand's loyalty program.

If you are a Captain’s Club Select or Le Club Voyage Explorer member, then you will receive Platinum benefits if you sail on a Royal Caribbean ship. If you are a Captain’s Club Elite or Discoverer in Le Club Voyage, then you will receive Diamond benefits for the Crown & Anchor Society.

If you are a Platinum, Diamond or Diamond Plus member in the Crown & Anchor Society but not a member of the Captain's Club or Le Club Voyage and plan on sailing on Celebrity Cruises or Azamara Club Cruises, respectively, call the Loyalty Service Center at (800) 526-9723 to enroll for equivalent recognition. And please remember to provide your Membership Number whenever you reserve a cruise vacation to receive all the benefits you deserve."

Thanks for the information. I've been away from RCCL for a long time and have a lot of catching up to do.....:):):)

Bob

Your silly "ship status" invented by marketers, does not make you a better human being, or allows you to be rude. Your true personality and style, your manners come out when you can handle situations without using your "status" merely earned by blowing money on cruise lines., lol.

Sorry for your disappointing experience Big_G. Does not matter what level they are at, as it is very very rude.

I agree with LMaxwell. I would have immediately gone to the LA and stated I had an appointment (and those people cut in front of me). This would be a great time to flaunt your C&A status.

We just laughed it off. I spent a career listening to DYKWIAs. It's more entertaining now that I retired.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Your silly "ship status" invented by marketers, does not make you a better human being, or allows you to be rude. Your true personality and style, your manners come out when you can handle situations without using your "status" merely earned by blowing money on cruise lines., lol.

Agree it does not.

I don't care what anyone thinks of my level in C&A...but I sure love the program. I will happily take the free bottles of wine, drinks, lounge privileges, free photos, balcony discount, free laundry, etc. etc..etc. :D I do care about that...and you can call it silly all you like. ;p It is not called a loyalty program for nothing...and cruise lines are most definitely not the only companies with a loyalty program. ;)

:-). As long you stay a decent human being, and don't let it get to your head. Great to see you enjoy your loyalty program, invented out of thin air by marketing jocks, to keep you coming back :-)

Im actually in agreement with you and respect your viewpoint

:-). As long you stay a decent human being, and don't let it get to your head. Great to see you enjoy your loyalty program, invented out of thin air by marketing jocks, to keep you coming back :-)

Im actually in agreement with you and respect your viewpoint

And it works ;)....oh poor me that has to deal with such generosity from the cruise line that makes it worth having me come back to them as a loyal customer. ;)

If a person is a jerk...they will be a jerk in all walks of life. C&A status has nothing to do with that. We simply love to cruise...that's all.

Flaunt - verb

display (something) ostentatiously, especially in order to provoke envy or admiration or to show defiance.

The Diamond member used their status to request special treatment, right? The described behavior by definition is not flaunting.

umm.... I guess my signature line here would amount to "flaunting" to the op? I hope not... :confused:

Agree it does not.

I don't care what anyone thinks of my level in C&A...but I sure love the program. I will happily take the free bottles of wine, drinks, lounge privileges, free photos, balcony discount, free laundry, etc. etc..etc. :D I do care about that...and you can call it silly all you like. ;p It is not called a loyalty program for nothing...and cruise lines are most definitely not the only companies with a loyalty program. ;)

Exactly, total agreement from me.

Hotels,supermarkets,airlines and cruiselines to name a few all have loyalty programme's which hopefully gives everyone a win win benefit.

And I would not. I like the atmosphere on RCI. That is the reason that I cruise with this line.