I don't flaunt my C&A Status

And I totally agree!!

If they have a problem with our signatures, pins, C&A level..ect.

Guess what...It's their problem..not ours. ;):D

Cruise on...cruise on...it's what we love. :hearteyes:

Yes, even on our mass market, run of the mill cruise line that we, supposedly, would not be choosing to sail on if we had managed to accomplished anything of significance in our lives.

Personally I choose RC because even though I'm 69 years old I love the water slides and fun things to do on RC. I find Celebrity HAL, and sometimes Princess stuffy.

I am getting sick of the snobbery that even the cruise lines are promoting.

We were invited to a sail away on the heliport pad, it was for Pinnacles and suite people. The captain made me sick when he said look at all those people up there looking down at us they want to be where you are.

I think those comments are offending to the other guests who could clearly hear him with the microphone.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Boy oh boy did this topic hit my hot button! Last month I went on a cruise with a cruising buddy that I had cruised with three times before, we were both Diamond Plus but that didn't matter we had a great time together, such fun. Now she has made pinnacle and also totally changed personalities, no longer fun all about " I'm pinnacle , everybody bow down and kiss my feet". I was expected to walk two steps behind let her call all the shots was constantly reminded that she was slumming it by going to the Diamond Lounge with me when she could be in the Concierge Lounge, we had to eat in the Coastal Kitchen every night I would have much preferred having a fun large table in the dining room instead of her. Every Shore day and debarkation day we had to get up at the crack of dawn so her concierge could walk us off the ship before all of "those people". Even another couple at the "lowly diamond lounge " got fed up of hearing of course I'm pinnacle and called her out on it but she was so busy talking with her eyes rolled up in her head that she didn't notice. We did have dinner one night in Coastal Kitchen with another Pinnacle couple. The man said I don't want to be associated with" those people." Meaning anybody that's not pinnacles.

I was so sick of hearing all this BS that right now the thought of going on a cruise turns my stomach. Before this experience I was immediately looking for another Cruise the minute I got off and sometimes while I was on board, but not now it just really was a horrible experience. I haven't spoken to her since. I guess some people have such meaningless lives that going and being Queen for a week just totally warps their brain.

You are better off not associating yourself with people like that.

I can understand your friend feeling proud when they made Pinnacle but is it worth losing good friends by being arrogant and a bragger?

Boy oh boy did this topic hit my hot button! Last month I went on a cruise with a cruising buddy that I had cruised with three times before, we were both Diamond Plus but that didn't matter we had a great time together, such fun. Now she has made pinnacle and also totally changed personalities, no longer fun all about " I'm pinnacle , everybody bow down and kiss my feet". I was expected to walk two steps behind let her call all the shots was constantly reminded that she was slumming it by going to the Diamond Lounge with me when she could be in the Concierge Lounge, we had to eat in the Coastal Kitchen every night I would have much preferred having a fun large table in the dining room instead of her. Every Shore day and debarkation day we had to get up at the crack of dawn so her concierge could walk us off the ship before all of "those people". Even another couple at the "lowly diamond lounge " got fed up of hearing of course I'm pinnacle and called her out on it but she was so busy talking with her eyes rolled up in her head that she didn't notice. We did have dinner one night in Coastal Kitchen with another Pinnacle couple. The man said I don't want to be associated with" those people." Meaning anybody that's not pinnacles.

I was so sick of hearing all this BS that right now the thought of going on a cruise turns my stomach. Before this experience I was immediately looking for another Cruise the minute I got off and sometimes while I was on board, but not now it just really was a horrible experience. I haven't spoken to her since. I guess some people have such meaningless lives that going and being Queen for a week just totally warps their brain.

You do realize that it is very easy to figure out who you are talking about. I have been on Freedom with the person you are referring to and found her to be very sweet and down to earth. I would hope a loyalty status wouldn't totally change a person.

Kindness toward others is not measured in gold, platinum or diamond etc.. Being kind to yourself and kinder to others is priceless and much easier to attain and reaps eternal rewards when we arrive at the pearly gates for our 'final' and eternal cruise.

Edited by oldguysandgalls

Kindness toward others is not measured in gold, platinum or diamond etc.. Being kind to yourself and kinder to others is priceless and much easier to attain and reaps eternal rewards when we arrive at the pearly gates for our 'final' and eternal cruise.

Amen.

Sorry that I don't have time to review all the previous comments, but I am currently on a 22 TP cruise where HALF of the passengers are diamond, diamond plus and pinnacle. Since I am a lowly gold, I don't have a chance to rub elbows with them but can tell you that while people may not "flaunt" their status, they certainly talk enough about it! That is one of the discussion topics you hear frequently.

The usually public areas are turned into Diamond and plus only areas. The cigar lounge is the Pinnacle only club. WE rarely see any officers as they spend most of their public time with diamond and above.

You might not see the Crown and Anchor affect on a seven day cruise, but you certainly see it on this sort of cruise!

Ive not seen this sort of behaviours myself.

Some terrible presumption in the lounges, but not around this ship.

Re: bartenders and not liking lots of diamond members, probably Down to the fact diamond members get free beverages across the ship and not in the lounge so they are down on tips. Received quite poor service in the bars this last cruise and can only figure that the reason,

Re: bartenders and not liking lots of diamond members, probably Down to the fact diamond members get free beverages across the ship and not in the lounge so they are down on tips. Received quite poor service in the bars this last cruise and can only figure that the reason,

Actually the bartenders are sometimes not fond of D, D+ and Pinnacle people because <some> tend to be overly critical and demanding. And even though Cruise Critic members tip on their free drinks, I'm sure that not others all do.

The bartenders that we have talked to, really like new people and new cruisers because most are so delighted with everything and don't make a lot of comparisons.

See my post #119.

Perceived success? Not the reason I cruise with a brand that rewards my loyalty. ;)

Sorry...I think my post might have been confusing. It was someone else that suggested cruise status could be interpreted as perceived success in other areas. I was just pointing out that I, personally, don't view it that way.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I remember that post, but not going to find it now as my connection is acting up.

I took it as if you could afford to become upper tier, you have been successful in earning money to afford to do so.

If you think about it it is true, but the road to succuss may not be smooth and straight for all. For most, the road is full of pot holes, obstacles, and diversions called life.

Most of us have learned to control the urge to brag. We don't tell our neighbors how much our salary is, how much Dear Wife's ring cost etc.

Those that had the easier road may not have learned many of lifes social lessions and may think that they are more special. This is very sad.

I remember that post, but not going to find it now as my connection is acting up.

I took it as if you could afford to become upper tier, you have been successful in earning money to afford to do so.

If you think about it it is true, but the road to succuss may not be smooth and straight for all. For most, the road is full of pot holes, obstacles, and diversions called life.

Most of us have learned to control the urge to brag. We don't tell our neighbors how much our salary is, how much Dear Wife's ring cost etc.

Those that had the easier road may not have learned many of lifes social lessions and may think that they are more special. This is very sad.

I think the problem most complainers have about “top tier” cruisers is that they are “aloof and stand offish.” Rather than being either of those qualities I think people seek out others with a common interest. Those that cruise frequently are more likely to engage with those with similar interests. I have often met with cruise newbies who have asked me how many cruises I have been on. I avoid answering the question, lest they be one of the people who ask the question and are critical of the answer. I merely state cruising is my favorite form of vacation and go with that. Unfortunately you never know who you are talking to and some people will twist a simple and honest reply into something that serves their twisted purpose.

I think the problem most complainers have about “top tier” cruisers is that they are “aloof and stand offish.” Rather than being either of those qualities I think people seek out others with a common interest. Those that cruise frequently are more likely to engage with those with similar interests. I have often met with cruise newbies who have asked me how many cruises I have been on. I avoid answering the question, lest they be one of the people who ask the question and are critical of the answer. I merely state cruising is my favorite form of vacation and go with that. Unfortunately you never know who you are talking to and some people will twist a simple and honest reply into something that serves their twisted purpose.

Very good comment.

As we are climbing the tier, it seems less important to us. We are very active empty nesters and like to be social with everyone. We avoid the question too as I honestly can't remember and have to change the subject to Cruiselines or places we've been. Even that response can go down the wrong road.

Sorry that I don't have time to review all the previous comments, but I am currently on a 22 TP cruise where HALF of the passengers are diamond, diamond plus and pinnacle. Since I am a lowly gold, I don't have a chance to rub elbows with them but can tell you that while people may not "flaunt" their status, they certainly talk enough about it! That is one of the discussion topics you hear frequently.

The usually public areas are turned into Diamond and plus only areas. The cigar lounge is the Pinnacle only club. WE rarely see any officers as they spend most of their public time with diamond and above.

You might not see the Crown and Anchor affect on a seven day cruise, but you certainly see it on this sort of cruise!

RC want to encourage loyalty and by making higher tier feel special they are doing a good job.

Good point.

If i use any of the Diamond allowance in other bars i always give a dollar a drink cash tip to compensate the bar waiter.

Well explained.

Totally true, i have been asked many times how many cruises we have done (45) but try and quickly change the subject in case someone takes it the wrong way and thinks we are bragging.

Just off Majesty this morning. We had 2 fake Pinnacles onboard. They actually had name tags that resembled the Pinnacle name tag but was a bit larger. All the staff was focused on was the name tag and they were all over them. They were even invited to the Captains table and received priority treatment going through customs since the port employees thought they were Pinnacle.

Interesting....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums