Insect Infestation from Freedom - Complaint (11/18/2017 Sailing)

Blast123

I've emailed RCCL last night and have attached the pictures just now.

How do I edit the title of this post?

If you want to change the title of the thread, just post what you want here and I can change it.

That is pretty gross but as for compensation I just don't get it. What is a fair compensation for an act of God that can't be helped? Maybe $20 bucks of OBC?

Is the complaint that Royal acted too slowly?

I would be ticked off but not sure I would expect any more than a sorry about that. That's just me though.

OMG - that is horrible. We're kind of roll-with-the-punches people, "ship happens" and all of that ... but they should have at least sent you a bottle of wine and some chocolate-covered strawberries (that's what we've received a few times in response to problems) ... or some OBC .. don't know what they can do now, though, other than apologize.

OMG - that is horrible. We're kind of roll-with-the-punches people, "ship happens" and all of that ... but they should have at least sent you a bottle of wine and some chocolate-covered strawberries (that's what we've received a few times in response to problems) ... or some OBC .. don't know what they can do now, though, other than apologize.

S/He said that no one came to their cabin to clean up the bugs <shudder> until 2 a.m.

That's not ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This reminds me of when I was in high school. I went away to a leadership camp. We all had private rooms in a chalet in the middle of nowhere. First evening when we all went to bed I found my room full of moths (a LOT of moths). I poked my head back into the hall and didn't see any other students running around the hallway grossed out so I assumed it was just part of the experience. I left the far light on in my room and went to bed.

In the morning they did room inspections while we were at breakfast. There was a long list of things to pass inspection including not having left any lights on. They announced who pass and who failed and they noted that I had left my lights on...then they commented that they assumed this was my attempt to keep the many, many moths contained to one area of the room and I won an award for being the best camper. Seems I was the only one with a bug problem and they felt I was quite impressive for not freaking out (which I did but I contained my freak out lol). They quickly took care of the bug problem.

For a paid cruise I feel like while this isn't the cruise ships fault, they should have dealt with it immediately (which it seems they more or less did) and then they really should have attempted to redeem themselves with a token something to help set you back on track for a carefree vacation. I wouldn't expect huge compensation but I would hope they would offer a free specialty dinner, bottle of wine or even a massage to destress after all those bugs!!

Gosh that is creepy!

However, I'm sure RC did the best they could to handle a weird emergency in the middle of the night for thirty cabins.

It isn't like all of their staff is awake either.

I would just chalk it up to a funny memory and move on.

S/He said that no one came to their cabin to clean up the bugs <shudder> until 2 a.m.

That's not ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The time it took for them to come and change the sheets is concerning.

Our toddler grandson in the connecting cabin had a bit of an "accident" when we were on HOTS recently one evening at about 10:30pm. We called housekeeping and was a bit surprised they were knocking on the cabin door with clean sheets in less than 10 min...very quick response we thought.

We were on the same cruise and thanks to my children leaving the main lights on and the balcony door open we had the same issue. Our solutions was to grab another drink and enjoy the night. I'm not sure how this is a all RC fault, there were tons of flies on deck 12 when we left as well....

That is terrible. Even though RCL isn't at fault for the bugs getting in, I think that they are responsible once the bugs entered your cabin. They should have resolved the issue as soon as possible and I do think they should have offered something for your discomfort.

I wish they had responded better to your situation. You and your family deserved a better response than what you received.

Edited by TNcruising02